PS4 - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix - 14th October 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix - 14th October 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
Disappointing with all the dropouts for this race, but have to capitalise and score as many points as possible!
Agreed I really dislike China and it seems some others dislike it too so as long as I can get some points I'll be happy.

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
I guess my mic fell off at some point, so not sure my apology was transmitted, but really sorry @Limaro Fipama. My front wing had a little damage and I thought I hit the brakes early enough given that, but I guess not, the fronts just couldn't bite. :oops:

I'm just glad that track is done honestly. It's such an odd track with few safe passing areas. I probably put double the time practicing this track, but felt half as prepared at best. Looking forward to what's next at least. I haven't raced Azerbaijan much in this game yet, but I'm much more excited for it, or really any of the next 12 tracks!

Congrats to WJORR_10, @Carbon and @chris130256 on the podiums!

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Qualified in 7th on softs, could have been higher but I wasn’t too worried. My pace round here is very quick so I was still expecting to win. How all that changed.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali....11th
I was watching laptimes and surprised how many were on the ultras? My first lap on the softs put me 11th and decided not to bother doing the 2nd hotlap knowing I couldn't improve too much.

Race...3rd

Big ongoing problems with my steering wheel! My game froze on the formation lap so I thought my race was over? Very pleased my car responded at the start of the race, but the wheel had reset to default and all the steering settings were wrong. I understeared off the track on the 1st corner. I had to go into the menu to change back to my race setup so once that was sorted I was well behind the pack. After that I had a good race untill 3 laps from the end while pressing hard for 2nd the wheel disconnected from the game but luckily scrolling through the menu put me back in the game. I only lost 4 seconds and managed to cross the line 0.75 seconds behind @Carbon. Exciting battling with him but relieved that I finished after having those problems. Well done for taking 2nd and congrats to @Wesley3071 for the win.

Last edited:

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Q- 6

Not bad considering that no practice continious for me. Went for second set of ultras and the 2 mins to the end and.... hit the wall on pit exit:LOL: How stupid that was?:sneaky:

R- P4

Start on ULTRAS Not bad however I was going for something more but my Mediums said NO.
Start was ok, no bad wheelspin and of we go to turn 1 where I've seen on @Limaro Fipama POV I had a bit of contact with @MrRobinhx - appologies for that. And that straight after that a contact was made by @Limaro Fipama too, thinking "Oh man that will be end of story" but luckily enough I've managed to keep my car on track and P3 here we go.

A couple laps later I had to defend from @JimiRäikkönen where his first attempt of overtake me was a bit silly where at the end he lost a piece of his wing. You could wait for better move as you were much faster. Because that contact some other car pass me by.

Lap 8 my first and last pitstop for MEDIUMS. Came out 13th and start having a good battle with @chaingang123 for a couple of good laps. Simply I could not overtake him as his defendig was really good. Some his very late braking cause me to run wide to avoid not to hit him, but luckily enough pressure put on him cause his mistake and here we go P4. I have lost a lot of time there fighting thinking: "P3 is not going to be happened"...

From that stage my race was pretty quiet apart from another a bit silly movement of JimiRaikkonen where PPK unfortunately spun there. But Me managed to escape that and cross the lane on P4.

Congrats to the podium finish @Wesley3071, @Carbon and @chris130256

I love Baku and I hope two weeks break bring me my first AOR win, but will see.

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali - 2nd: then ruined a good starting position by getting too much wheelspin at the start and spinning straight across the track into the wall. Was very lucky to just damage my wing and not lose a wheel or anything.

After that, ran two stints on the softs, when they were wearing on my first stint was able to follow someone round after their stop and use DRS to keep up my pace before pitting.

Ended up 8th - could have been a lot more without the dodgy start but I was happy with my pace in the end, had a couple of decent battles and happy to get a few more points on the board.

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: 4th
R: 6th

Q: Best result of my carrer. In the last of three attempts I did my personal best time in China, close to the time of the third position of MrRobinix.

R: The race was influenced by the strategy. My initial strategy expected a pit stop ( from UltraSoft to Medium ), but, at the moment of the pit, I changed it, and I did a strategy with two pits ( US--S--S ).
However I'm very very happy for my race, because it was very solid and concrete, without mistakes from the first to the last lap.
It was a tough race, after the first turn I was in second position, and than, during the middle of the race I had to do three overtakes, and in the last two laps I did my personal best times of the race to earn the necessary seconds to finish in 6th position.

After the first three races I can say thet I'm loving this season, now 2 weeks of break and see you for the GP of Baku.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Q: P13
R: P10

Pre-Race Interview: China... don't like it. Bwoah... that's it.

Qualy: Qualy went alright. Not too much to saw about it. Went with the Softs, so I wasn't expecting too much pace compared to those on the US. It was more-or-less some extra practice laps. P13 it is. This should keep me out of trouble... should.

Strategy: Going with the 1-stopper here. Softs > Mediums. Long run compared to the US runners.

LIGHTS OUT! (7:10) - Good start, keeping up with the others when suddenly I see @ramma and @MrRobinhx fly off into the left wall and @ramma ricochet onto the track! @chris130256 slows to avoid contact and I give him a love tap in the right-rear tyre, swinging to the right. I file back behind the line and behind my teammate @iej76. Up into P11 now.

Lap 1 (7:30) - It looked like it was 4-wide exiting Turn 2 at one point. I'll just sit back and watch this cluster unfold.

Lap 1 (7:42) - To the right I see @Limaro Fipama and @Wesley3071 sliding sideways thru the gravel. This has been a chaotic mess so far! P9.

Lap 2 (9:30) - @SEAN-GBR with US tyres makes a dive to the inside for the overtake.

Lap 2 (10:10) - Race over... sort of. Exiting Turn 12 before the long straight, @SEAN-GBR runs wide so I move to the inside for the overtake. My front-left tyre is just at Sean's right-rear. It looks like there is just enough space between our tyres when I see his car start to slide (Damnit... this is gonna suck). Front wing damage to us both and we slide all the way to Baku in the grass. By the time I get back on track I'm down to P12. I decide to carry on with the damaged wing and salvage the strategy.

*Later apologized to Sean for the incident. It really did look like I had enough room. Tight, but enough.*

Lap 6 (17:15) - Clean overtake down the main straight by @Salvo Failla

Lap 11 (24:20) - I run wide into Turn 1 and @MrRobinhx takes advantage of the mistake. Down to P9 and with no pitstop yet.

Lap 12 (27:30) - BOX BOX BOX! Mediums a new front wing. Pit stop feels like an eternity.

Lap 16 (33:10) - /Facepalm

FINAL LAP (52:40) - I can see I'm quickly closing the gap to @iej76 and @JimiRäikkönen .

FINAL LAP CONTINUED (53:45) - Entering the long straight @iej76 and @JimiRäikkönen are wheel to wheel, with quite a distance back. Jimi runs a bit wide and dump any extra drop of fuel I can into the cylinders and drain the battery. Snagging whatever slipstream I can I manage to make ground alongside Jimi. I go to the outside and Jimi on the inside, @iej76 just barely ahead. Jimi runs wide and slides into my sidepod. Luckily no damage to my car but get pushed a bit wide. Heading towards the final turn Jimi and are now side-by-side, definitely not a good turn to do this. I try to defend by squeezing Jimi and grab as much apex as possible thru the turn. Jimi goes to the inside as we approaching the flag! Rich mix is useless when I see in red letters "Low Fuel Mode." Nooo! Barely any battery charge left I start to loose ground. Luckily I managed to snag the DRS and open it wide. Across the line for P10!

*Dear lawd that was close!* o_O

Post-Race Interview: A few more points could have been possible if it weren't for my shunt with @SEAN-GBR. Definitely going to re-evaluate my overtaking decisions come Baku. However, I'm thankful for that last lap battle with @iej76 and @JimiRäikkönen. Damn good driving there!

Congrats to @Wesley3071 on the win!
Congrats to @Carbon and @chris130256 on rounding out the podium!

See you all in November in Baku!

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Q: P13
R: P10

Pre-Race Interview: China... don't like it. Bwoah... that's it.

Qualy: Qualy went alright. Not too much to saw about it. Went with the Softs, so I wasn't expecting too much pace compared to those on the US. It was more-or-less some extra practice laps. P13 it is. This should keep me out of trouble... should.

Strategy: Going with the 1-stopper here. Softs > Mediums. Long run compared to the US runners.

LIGHTS OUT! (7:10) - Good start, keeping up with the others when suddenly I see @ramma and @MrRobinhx fly off into the left wall and @ramma ricochet onto the track! @chris130256 slows to avoid contact and I give him a love tap in the right-rear tyre, swinging to the right. I file back behind the line and behind my teammate @iej76. Up into P11 now.

Lap 1 (7:30) - It looked like it was 4-wide exiting Turn 2 at one point. I'll just sit back and watch this cluster unfold.

Lap 1 (7:42) - To the right I see @Limaro Fipama and @Wesley3071 sliding sideways thru the gravel. This has been a chaotic mess so far! P9.

Lap 2 (9:30) - @SEAN-GBR with US tyres makes a dive to the inside for the overtake.

Lap 2 (10:10) - Race over... sort of. Exiting Turn 12 before the long straight, @SEAN-GBR runs wide so I move to the inside for the overtake. My front-left tyre is just at Sean's right-rear. It looks like there is just enough space between our tyres when I see his car start to slide (Damnit... this is gonna suck). Front wing damage to us both and we slide all the way to Baku in the grass. By the time I get back on track I'm down to P12. I decide to carry on with the damaged wing and salvage the strategy.

*Later apologized to Sean for the incident. It really did look like I had enough room. Tight, but enough.*

Lap 6 (17:15) - Clean overtake down the main straight by @Salvo Failla

Lap 11 (24:20) - I run wide into Turn 1 and @MrRobinhx takes advantage of the mistake. Down to P9 and with no pitstop yet.

Lap 12 (27:30) - BOX BOX BOX! Mediums a new front wing. Pit stop feels like an eternity.

Lap 16 (33:10) - /Facepalm

FINAL LAP (52:40) - I can see I'm quickly closing the gap to @iej76 and @JimiRäikkönen .

FINAL LAP CONTINUED (53:45) - Entering the long straight @iej76 and @JimiRäikkönen are wheel to wheel, with quite a distance back. Jimi runs a bit wide and dump any extra drop of fuel I can into the cylinders and drain the battery. Snagging whatever slipstream I can I manage to make ground alongside Jimi. I go to the outside and Jimi on the inside, @iej76 just barely ahead. Jimi runs wide and slides into my sidepod. Luckily no damage to my car but get pushed a bit wide. Heading towards the final turn Jimi and are now side-by-side, definitely not a good turn to do this. I try to defend by squeezing Jimi and grab as much apex as possible thru the turn. Jimi goes to the inside as we approaching the flag! Rich mix is useless when I see in red letters "Low Fuel Mode." Nooo! Barely any battery charge left I start to loose ground. Luckily I managed to snag the DRS and open it wide. Across the line for P10!

*Dear lawd that was close!* o_O

Post-Race Interview: A few more points could have been possible if it weren't for my shunt with @SEAN-GBR. Definitely going to re-evaluate my overtaking decisions come Baku. However, I'm thankful for that last lap battle with @iej76 and @JimiRäikkönen. Damn good driving there!

Congrats to @Wesley3071 on the win!
Congrats to @Carbon and @chris130256 on rounding out the podium!

See you all in November in Baku!

Great battles mate. Enjoyed them

• Friendly
Reactions: Jason007