PS4 - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix - [25/08/19 8PM UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix - [25/08/19 8PM UK Time]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th August 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Graeme Weston
@Jason007

Last edited:

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Probably one of my least favorite circuits. Just doesn't do it for me.:rolleyes:

Pxcam

Formula Karter
Aug 27, 2018
Pace is horrendous here been practicing and yeah it’s going to be a rough Sunday

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Actually had my best results here. Then again internet been down for a while since midweek so not much practice

L3W1_UK

Pro Karter
Aug 22, 2018
Also not feeling confident ahead of tonight , it's a track that catches me out everytime.
Especially considering its bank holiday weekend here in England about 30 degrees. Feel like I'm doing a 2 hour race in Singapore with the heat in my living room haha

Reactions: DonSteeringwheel

L3W1_UK

Pro Karter
Aug 22, 2018
Good race guys. Some really good racing going on in this series.

My post race review, messed up my Qualifing lap on the Mediums which meant I dropped to 10th and had to start on the hards.
Got a good start and avoided any trouble.

Spent the entire race battling with the Ferraris. Mainly @Bashful4
Came out onto the softs and overtook Bash, then gave it everything to catch @Pxcam.
Luckily for me , slight error on the carasal for Px got me 4th & the fastest lap I believe.

I think this battle with the Ferraris is going to go on all season long.

Congratulations to my teammate on a pole position and a P3.
P3 & P4 for Team Haas.
Happy days.

Fernando Fio

Pro Karter
Jul 30, 2019
Q4 (first time qualifying without line)
R1 (with line)

Decent start, had good pace and what’s able to keep up with @Fernando Fio (wulf).
After managing my hards and energy I started to push in lap 26 and made the final pass at the line

Using this video and watching the last curve I can see you touching in the back of car and make me going out of the track . I would like the race director make a review of this incident that in my opinion was not fair

Fernando Fio

Pro Karter
Jul 30, 2019
Please Guys can you check the video of last @Kellvinnr3 post exactly in the last lap and last curve. He touched me in my back and made my car go out of the track. Was very clear in the video. In my opinion was not fair.

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P9
R: P9
Race very difficult. The strategy was the same of Bahrain, first stint with Medium and second stint with Hard, but in the last laps with the Hard my times were not so good, so I had to defende my P9 from the attacks of @iej76 , great battle with him. At the end @xGATECRASHERx ... mate, you have kept a pressure during all the laps of the race, expecially in the final parta, we have finished the race together.
I'm quite happy for the race, not for the result, but for the constancy, because the feeling with the car is now better than the first 2 races.
See you all in Baku ;) .

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Q: P6
R: P6

In the qualifying i messed up my 2nd attempt with the mediuns, so i just done one lap, wich gave me P6 with my team mate @Pxcam in P5, i could improve a little but that wasn't bad.

I start the race with the mediuns and after the first 3 or 4 laps my teammate started to get away from me and i wasn't able to keep up the pace, so, i just started to worry about the guys behind me. I pit early ( lap 8/9 i think)to try gain some time on the front wich i think i was able to as i get more close to my teammate, then with the Hards again i couldnt get the pace of the front drivers and i just focus on keep the position. When @L3W1_UK came out of the pits with the mediuns, i realized that he would overtake me with the new and faster tyres, wich he did.

Happy with the race.

Let's see Baku, i like that track. If didn't hit the wall.

MrRobinhx

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 14, 2017
Q: P1
R: P3

When i start my first flying lap, i was kicked out of the session because i got Error Code CP7. Thanks to @xGATECRASHERx i got invited in again and set in my first ever Pole Position.
I got a great start and i have to pit early to put on Hard tyres. I keep calmed in the entire race and secure my third podium on my career.

DonSteeringwheel

Formula Karter
Jul 19, 2019
Q: P13
R: P13

The qualifying was horrible for me. First I didn't feel comfy on the H and in my fast lap with the M in the end @Salvo Failla was on the fast line which irritated me so that I messed up the hairpin and qualified in P13.

The race started great for me. Within the first lap I made it from P13 to P9. Happy that I braked early enough to avoid @xGATECRASHERx and had exactly the gap to change the line afterwards. End of lap 1 @Joost got me at the hairpin and after that @Antonio Sapienza squeezed in in the last turn. Would have been definitely a crash if I wouldn't have stepped back even though I felt like I was in front. Turn 1 in lap 2 I tried to take the outside to be on the inside for the left hander but I guess he lost control and blocked my line for that. End of lap 2 @Salvo Failla got me on the long straight before the hairpin and as it felt for me that he was braking a little earlier I got some wing damage. Unlucky with both Renaults until then. But that can happen.
The rest of the first stint was a constant battle with my car as I had the damage and fell back much. The second stint on M was okay. The last stint on the S was a nice sprint.

Third league race so far for me and I see some positive aspects. Hope to improve during the next weeks to help @djl850 to collect some points. See you in Baku!

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Q: P9
R: P9
Race very difficult. The strategy was the same of Bahrain, first stint with Medium and second stint with Hard, but in the last laps with the Hard my times were not so good, so I had to defende my P9 from the attacks of @iej76 , great battle with him. At the end @xGATECRASHERx ... mate, you have kept a pressure during all the laps of the race, expecially in the final parta, we have finished the race together.
I'm quite happy for the race, not for the result, but for the constancy, because the feeling with the car is now better than the first 2 races.
See you all in Baku ;) .

Great to see our battle from another viewpoint

Reactions: Salvo Failla