Nov 15, 2018
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th August 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Swoozyyy
- @SMENDES09
- @Quad
- @Bruno

Last edited:

Niemand

Pro Karter
Oct 15, 2018
Could you guys maybe don´t press ´start´too fast before the race? In Bahrain the timer started to run down very fast, if not too fast...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Faerge and MrSascha

Faerge

Rocket League Coordinator
Staff member
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
Could you guys maybe don´t press ´start´too fast before the race? In Bahrain the timer started to run down very fast, if not too fast...
Agree with this message, barely had time to set a strategy for myself.

Reactions: MrSascha

Taraku24

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 31, 2018
I'm pretty sure it says in the rules that we are meant to wait for the league coordinator to push start and begin the count down anyway. If you see the timer go down too quick, press ready and it will show you who pressed it first, will have a tick next to their name.

Reactions: MrSascha

Niemand

Pro Karter
Oct 15, 2018
Good drive @Faerge! First win after you bottled it twice!
A race to learn from for myself...nearly no practice, so I didn´t expect anything of it and after only P9 in Quali I came to the front until P3 but in that pursuit race I got a penalty which would have pushed me down to P4 and if that wasn´t enough, I spun without any reason between T11 and T12 in the last lap which saw me being pushed to to P4 and through the penalty I got only P5 at the line.

Last edited:

Faerge

Rocket League Coordinator
Staff member
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
Feels good, first win of the season, 3rd times the charm as they say;)

Good drive @Faerge! First win after you bottled it twice!
Thanks @Niemand, you need to fail in order to succeed, I myself only really did 40 minutes of practice, but did go through Grand Prix mode to asses strategies and what not, and it definitly helped decide my strategy for the race.

Also, guys, please. Timer started wayyy too early again for China, I barely managed to get my fuel right, and look over pit stop window, and wouldn't have had time to actually set/change strategy.

• Agree
Reactions: Gonz

Gonz

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 1, 2019
When in any lobby, Any option to advance or start race, PLEASE DON'T. As soon as someone clicks it, it goes to countdown. Sasha should be the only one starting/advancing

CorporalCarrot

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
My race went well this week, thanks to all cars who opened up and let me through on the opening lap ;D

Olzen started the countdown this week. I had only had a straightforward change to my strategy (changing fuel load) so I wasn't under pressure, but I concur that we shouldn't start the timer too quickly...

I also note that at least two cars deliberately crashed out this week, which is against the league rules; Section 4.2. While I understand that league racing can be frustrating and rage quitting happens, deliberately crashing out on track can lead to VSC or full Safety car, which can affect the outcome of the race. If you want to leave a race, do us all a favour and come into the pits, then 'retire' from the options menu.

Footage uploading as I write this and will be available here:
***Edit; the footage above is just my general race footage, not reporting anything in particular!

Last edited:

Niemand

Pro Karter
Oct 15, 2018
I also note that at least two cars deliberately crashed out this week, which is against the league rules; Section 4.2. While I understand that league racing can be frustrating and rage quitting happens, deliberately crashing out on track can lead to VSC or full Safety car, which can affect the outcome of the race. If you want to leave a race, do us all a favour and come into the pits, then 'retire' from the options menu.
It´s against the rules but yesterday it couldn´t cause a (V)SC because the green flag was on the whole circuit since the start and when this is happening, no (V)SC can be caused by anything.
I don´t wanna protect the guys who did it, I know exactly who you mean but just an explanation that it couldn´t harm anyone yesterday...

Niemand

Pro Karter
Oct 15, 2018
I need to add that if we would report this that would´ve been 20penalty points for you both @Taraku24 @olzen with which you are only 5 points away from a quali ban(Rule 6.3)....
So please don´t do it again...

Last edited: