Aug 25, 2017
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 28th April 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
Patido

Last edited:

ramma

Formula Karter
Aug 12, 2018
How's practice been going for people? I pulled out my setup from last season and seriously started questioning my sanity for a bit. 100% brake pressure...? Hmm... maybe that's why I had some issues. Lowered that right away, then with a few other setup changes and I'm starting to get a comfortable setup. Still some refinement to do over the next few days, but feeling on par if not a little better than last season.

Just have to hope I don't mess up the start like last season... Essentially threw my race by hitting the wall twice. Neither were terminal though, so I got to finish and wasn't lapped, but I also couldn't catch up to any points positions again from my start error. I did do fastest lap though at least! :LOL:

Anywho, back to the actual question I asked. How has folks practice been going, if you've done any? Are you getting about the times you were expecting/aiming for, or maybe finding a setup is proving difficult? Any guesses what we may see in the 'turn-everything-up-to-eleven' qualifying runs around here?

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
How's practice been going for people? I pulled out my setup from last season and seriously started questioning my sanity for a bit. 100% brake pressure...? Hmm... maybe that's why I had some issues. Lowered that right away, then with a few other setup changes and I'm starting to get a comfortable setup. Still some refinement to do over the next few days, but feeling on par if not a little better than last season.

Just have to hope I don't mess up the start like last season... Essentially threw my race by hitting the wall twice. Neither were terminal though, so I got to finish and wasn't lapped, but I also couldn't catch up to any points positions again from my start error. I did do fastest lap though at least! :LOL:

Anywho, back to the actual question I asked. How has folks practice been going, if you've done any? Are you getting about the times you were expecting/aiming for, or maybe finding a setup is proving difficult? Any guesses what we may see in the 'turn-everything-up-to-eleven' qualifying runs around here?
Cleaned me out at the hairpin if I remember rightly!:ROFLMAO: I’ve done zero practice, gonna use my TT setup as that seemed to be quick last season. Hopefully I can score some good points at this race.

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Q - 7
R - 6

I couldn't get a really good lap time in with the pace I thought I had so I was a little disappointed with P7, I also needed two flying laps on my set of tyres which compromised me a little for the race.

Start was okay, I lost a position due to the track profile though. Going into the hairpin at the end of the lap I braked where I usually do during quali laps and evidently it was a bit too late as I hate to take avoiding action and slightly hit @syluntbob which also allowed @MJ7 past him and then right after past me as well. I tried to take the position back but I couldn't. On lap 7 @ramma came out from nowhere and hit me heavily to the side in the hairpin. Fortunately I got no damage and didn't lose a spot because of that.

At the beginning of Lap 13 I was coming out of the pits and and @MJ7 came from the outside. We had contact and I spun. I lost about 6 seconds there but luckily not a place. Over the next few laps I pushed pretty hard and got to gap @syluntbob again.

By lap 22 I had a 2 stopping Force India behind me and I figured that I'd use him to try and get past @MJ7 who I had now been catching. That worked. By lap 24 I was all over his gearbox and we had an intense battle. Because of that soon @syluntbob caught us to make it a three-way fight. Apart from the time when @MJ7 didn't give me enough space into T5 which also damaged my front wing the battle was hard but fair, also very nerve-wracking.

In the end with the car ahead getting a penalty I felt that justice was served and I got the maximum out of the race given all the little incidents. Hopefully the next race is even cleaner.

Reactions: syluntbob

Luke Trimm

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 30, 2015
Q-2
R-4

Had a good quali was happy with the laps I got in maybe was more time left on the table but not that much.

In the race had a decent start but was lagging bad for the first lap or so so weren’t trying to overtake anyone just Incase. My pace was good in the race but honestly didn’t realise most of the field would be doing a 1 stop. Stopped on lap 4 for the softs and made my way through the field cleanly got to lap 17 and I stopped again for another set of softs and came out the pits into 8th. From lap 17 onwards was just trying to pull as much pace as I could out of the car. Managed to catch and pass 3 cars by lap 25 After that was racing to catch @Renner9 which I did by lap 27 and left the move to be done at the last corner of the race which I done nicely as we raced to the line. Very happy with p4 for my first race excited for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Renner9

ramma

Formula Karter
Aug 12, 2018
Q - 8
R - 10

Quali - Was okay with where I placed in quali. Probably had more pace, but it was not a good day in general for me, so I'll take what I can get.

Race - I think I really need to practice my starts, cause I'm consistently losing positions off the line. At the end of last season it was the opposite, or at least I wasn't losing spots/having trouble keeping up off the line. I can't seem to get the same kind of starts even in my practice sessions and I'm not really sure what I'm doing different. Still the first few laps were quite fun. I did drop from 8th to 11th on lap 1, but gained a position back to 10th with a lunge on @Limaro_83 into T6. L4 though I lockup into the hairpin giving him a chance to get by again, but going into T16 I had an odd entry angle so exited slower causing him to bump my rear end and get some wing damage ending the P10 battle prematurely.

The next few laps I was catching @syluntbob but proved a bit impatient with my pass attempt, almost step by step replicating a lockup I had last season into the T14/15 haripin. Slid into the side of @Mcquiz95 but luckily only damaged my wing, then went for a spin on my own to top it off before making an early pit (lap 7/8) and heading out for a long stint on the mediums.

Nothing super exciting happened after my pit stop. I exited in P15, gained a few positions as others pit to be P13 before the next on track event where @sirio42994 had a lockup into T6 that let me just get past. The next lap @Pxcam started desyncing and rubber-banding a bit so I was being quite cautious for a few corners, then at probably the most convenient time for me and least for him he disconnects, I get by, then he reconnects. One corner later going down the pit straight I gain another position as Limaro makes a second stop, ultimately bringing me up to my finishing position of P10. The final 8 laps were just fuel, ERS, and tire management.

For the sort of day I was having, it's a better result than I was expecting, but there are certainly parts of this track I just don't enjoy or need to practice more. Congrats to @alexP on the win, and @Renetee @pete day on the podiums!

My highlights -

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF P10 Race P12
I like China and think I’m not too bad round here, especially for us hanging around in the basement of AOR but put me in a league race and it just turns to sh*t. Can’t wait for Austria, I’m very inventive with how bad I can be there! Congrats to @alexP on the win and @Renetee @pete day for rounding out the podium.

Reactions: Jason007