Dec 16, 2017
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 28th April 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited:

Synt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2017
guys my account has been hacked to press anything it sends
please but in steam group chat so people know

• Informative
Reactions: Snook

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
For family reasons I will probably not make it to the race next Sunday in China in time and therefore have to cancel my participation.
In the unlikely event that I can still arrange it, I would only drive if the place had not already been taken by a reserve driver.

• Informative

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Seems a little harsh..

#ON TOPIC
What are your lap times guys
It is in the rules. Which everyone that signs up to AOR has to agree to.

5.2 Pulling out mid-season:

● It's impossible for us to stop you from leaving if you've made your mind up, but keep in mind when signing up that pulling out of the league without a proper reason while the season is ongoing will see you placed on the blacklist. A proper reason would be something happening in your life that forces you to quit - something that you didn't expect when signing up - or that your equipment (hardware or lag issues) render you unable to carry on. However, choosing to quit due to getting bored of the game, having a bad season or because something goes against you, is not a good reason. Remember, when signing up you commit yourself to racing for a full season, not only for a few races.

StefanWylde

GP2 1st Driver
Jul 13, 2015
It is in the rules. Which everyone that signs up to AOR has to agree to.

5.2 Pulling out mid-season:

● It's impossible for us to stop you from leaving if you've made your mind up, but keep in mind when signing up that pulling out of the league without a proper reason while the season is ongoing will see you placed on the blacklist. A proper reason would be something happening in your life that forces you to quit - something that you didn't expect when signing up - or that your equipment (hardware or lag issues) render you unable to carry on. However, choosing to quit due to getting bored of the game, having a bad season or because something goes against you, is not a good reason. Remember, when signing up you commit yourself to racing for a full season, not only for a few races.
it's still too harsh because anybody can easily lie that he has hardware or lag issues... You don't wanna play you don't wanna play.. I know its not up to you but that's the truth.

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
it's still too harsh because anybody can easily lie that he has hardware or lag issues... You don't wanna play you don't wanna play.. I know its not up to you but that's the truth.
We spend days trying to figure out who should be placed in which split and spend weeks planning for a league. We don't appreciate drivers that decide to quit the league after 1 bad race because it is a big disrespect to all the effort we put in.

Reactions: Diallo

Polarhase

Formula Karter
Jul 26, 2018
It's stated clearly in the rules and when you sign in for the league you have to answer the question if you "commit to stay for a whole season" (or sth. like that) with "yes". I don't understand the drama in here. Everyone knows the consequences of quitting, so everything is fine?
And as Snook said: Who ever organized something himself, instead of just using existing structures built by other people in their spare time, will understand the amount of work which flows in such projects. People quitting, also mostly because of stupid reasons (talking generally), just brake the whole concept of driving in a league with 19 other drivers.

• Winner

Polarhase

Formula Karter
Jul 26, 2018
I waited for it to get better, but unfortunately my current health state does not allow me to participate today. Have a nice and fair race guys =)

• Friendly

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
A race that was going so well until this happened :/

Have to move on from this, even though it is quite painful knowing what might have been.

• Wow
Reactions: Diallo

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
This weekend was fine, though I had no idea what I should be doing in quali. Somehow got P7 there so that was nice.
In the race, apart from bumping my wing literally in the first corner of the race, but since it was raining, I decided to stick around. Whilst I did keep up with the people around me, I definitely did lose a lot of time to everyone else. Eh, hindsight is 20/20, maybe I should have pitted right in the first lap for a new set, but I think that would have made everything worse. Either way, lost some time whilst changing that wing in the pitstop for slicks, but all in all I am pretty okay with how it went. P6 isn't anything really to write home about, but I can't be mad either. Especially after having literally zero rain practice, and a setup made on the spot for it.