PC - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix [8/25/2019 - 8:00PM ET] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix [8/25/2019 - 8:00PM ET]

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th August 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (ET)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Arcrax
@Hynekin
@Mo#9991
-

Last edited:

Illicit

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Currently having internet issues. I'll join in qualifying if I could get sent an invite.

Illicit

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Fizzymon left the session, then I saw Zephyr leave, then I was just disconnected?

Edit: Disqualified after getting disconnected, nice.

Last edited:

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Well to say the least that was an interesting race. Could have won but the safety car flipped the entire race on its head, and Tezu outpaced me on the mediums. Still happy with P2 though.

Fizzymon

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2018
Fizzymon left the session, then I saw Zephyr leave, then I was just disconnected?

Edit: Disqualified after getting disconnected, nice.
Like Zephyr, I didn’t leave either. I hope for your sake you get your internet fixed because you were having a good race.

Illicit

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Weird, although not surprised at this point. Apologies if my connection issues affected anyones race, said I was DSQ for parking unsafely on track.

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
So sorry to hear about your guy's terrible experience on the game last night. Rest assured we aren't happy with the state of the game but all we can do is just workaround it for now with the hope it becomes more stable with future updates.

Let's hope last night was the last time you'll have an experience like that.

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
So sorry to hear about your guy's terrible experience on the game last night. Rest assured we aren't happy with the state of the game but all we can do is just workaround it for now with the hope it becomes more stable with future updates.

Let's hope last night was the last time you'll have an experience like that.
Yeah, thanks for the words, Raven. In part, I may have held too long on starting the lobby to try and get everyone who was having issues in, but I also noted that not many people were on the Voice Chat, which made it harder to organize as I had to be switching around Steam and Discord to try and get everyone in... I've made a post in the main thread about it, and while I looked and the league rules say the voice participation isn't mandatory, I'd strongly recommend everyone to get on board with it, as I found it quite hard to manage yesterday.

Reactions: Fizzymon

Fizzymon

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2018
When I have time this week, I'm going to test out running my game with and without recording software. As of right now, my game only crashes when I have it up, and since I want to record for personal usage and to let my friends watch, it is a very annoying occurrence. I will see if I can catch onto anything else triggering crashes.

Reactions: codeGreene

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
When I have time this week, I'm going to test out running my game with and without recording software. As of right now, my game only crashes when I have it up, and since I want to record for personal usage and to let my friends watch, it is a very annoying occurrence. I will see if I can catch onto anything else triggering crashes.
I'll save you the time, then. My game has only ever crashed, since the whole 430.86 drivers were updated, while I had any sort of recording software running (OBS, and GeForce Experience won't even let the game start). To make a long story short, the game is a memory hog. You would think 16 gigs of RAM would be enough to run F1; apparently not.

Reactions: Fizzymon

Fizzymon

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2018
I'll save you the time, then. My game has only ever crashed, since the whole 430.86 drivers were updated, while I had any sort of recording software running (OBS, and GeForce Experience won't even let the game start). To make a long story short, the game is a memory hog. You would think 16 gigs of RAM would be enough to run F1; apparently not.
Well that would confirm my theory, looks like the only possible solution is to buy an unnecessary amount of ram. Hell I hate how I can stream any other game on the planet on max settings perfectly clear but I also would of never thought that an F1 game will be so memory intensive. It's a true shame because Codemasters are really shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing people to easily "market" their product by streaming. A true tragedy.

Illicit

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Increasing the page file size in windows seemed to help with my crashing related issues, I record my races also. I posted the link to the instructions in the Australian Grand Prix thread. Unfortunately my issues this race were network related.

Fizzymon

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2018
Increasing the page file size in windows seemed to help with my crashing related issues, I record my races also. I posted the link to the instructions in the Australian Grand Prix thread. Unfortunately my issues this race were network related.
It fixed my crashes for normal applications but it doesn't solve the recording software issues its seems since I was only crashing when I had the software on. It's ridiculous but nothing I can do at the moment.

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Just for the shits and giggles I'm going to increase my pagefile size from 24 GB (which is already ridiculously large in itself) to 100 GB and see if that fixes anything

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
I have heard... That the game has a better time running and is more stable when installed on an SSD... And that so happens to be my case... Even when I've recorded the game (Though I can't get it to work right because the recording cuts itself) I don't crash... I've never really had it truly Crash on my save one time in patch 1.04 I think...

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I have heard... That the game has a better time running and is more stable when installed on an SSD... And that so happens to be my case... Even when I've recorded the game (Though I can't get it to work right because the recording cuts itself) I don't crash... I've never really had it truly Crash on my save one time in patch 1.04 I think...
If this is true then I'm going to move the game from my 860 Evo to my 970 Evo, see if that helps as well