Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 11th May 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;kz7LpSST0_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz7LpSST0_k[/video]

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualification & Race Results
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0AqUuyPMQFID-dGl5Vm1JNFRRZ2NpdkQ5Rnd4NmNib2c&u sp idget=true&range=B2:F22&gid=108&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Unfortunately can't make it to this one either. It's my nucleus birthday and I'm gonna visit him on the other side of the country. Well, see you in Bahrain than!

JamieFoppele

Assetto Corsa Skin Creator
Jan 13, 2014
I'm also not able to participate this race, because I'm going to Spain with my school. Good luck, and I'll see you in Bahrain! :)

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
One of the best tracks on the calendar IMO. Love shanghai this is a real pace setters track. But unfortunately I won't be attending due to my 5 f****** Mbps Internet. Roll on bahrain

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Cheers guys for giving me the notice see you all in Bahrain then.

Liam Mangan

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014
Hate this track, im so inconsistant xD Cant wait till europe starts xD

StigsDKcousin

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Just talked to a coworker. Seems i'll be missing this race due to some overtime at work.
Good luck to you all.

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Hey beyond just an update ill race today. Im doing nothing today and since many drivers will be missing ill turn up.

DUC31511

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
Disconnection again. I am very disappointed because i acctualy had decent race pace at this track. much better than quali pace. This is very frustrating and i if it happens in Bahrain, I will probably resign from league.

Waht Waht

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2014
I'm sorry guys. I had a chance to replace people but a last-minute issue made impossible my participation in this race.

michaelpears

Rookie
Apr 17, 2014
I always liked this circuit in the wet but jesus my best lap by far p2! in quali wasn't sure whether go with my wet setup or dry but when I looked that the race was going to be bone dry it was the dry setup. ok start but messed up my entry to turn 1 and lost some places tapped Beyond not sure if I got a hit from a marussia(?) and that caused my to hit him but race pace wasn't my best some really good overtakes as well coming off that back straight, will have to fraps the next race looked back on the stream and it was lagging but not on my end, 8 points at the end of the day and not sure I would of caught the leaders but onto bahrain!
http://www.twitch.tv/michaelf1_tv/c/4235862

Liam Mangan

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014
Had a 'meh' quali due to the rain, which I can't drive in. The race on the other hand was great, especially for the first 8 or so laps, battled with Beyond for most of that in some close, intense and clean racing (fair play to Beyond, even though he's a noob.) Was the most consistant I have ever been around here and had really good pace. Ran a 3 stop race and came 4th, 9 seconds off 1st place

Video highlights
[video=youtube;4XVPRLqvi00]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XVPRLqvi00[/video]

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I despise this track but this has been one of the best races I have had in a long time. Qualifying was bad for me I just couldn't get a good lap in setup was just not good enough for the wet, so 8th was the best I could do. The race start again was one of my best it had to be, great duels with Quantification for almost 2 stints all I will say is DRS is OP. But it was fair and clean very fun then Multi was next to have a few laps with pretty good to get past him and try and chase down Joe who was having awesome early race pace. Think it was the 2nd stint he locked up or something into the pits and I got past him there so a shame there that I missed the chance to battle with him. Then it was just about getting home and not screwing up which I have been known to do and I came home 1st first of many I think but yet another 1-2 for the team it's all looking good for us at the moment but you guys are starting to improve only 3 races in is very good, looking forward to the fight.

Here is my full POV hope you enjoy!

[video=youtube;ijtJpXOChDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijtJpXOChDw[/video]