PS4 - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th October 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

@nezehran
@Axeeri
@HiippariLate

Last edited:

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
Altough i had bad luck the first races so far and i had and still have to get use to driving without the racingline, i must say that the early pace looks amazing on this track so i will give my best to do everything better this week and look where i am in the field ( i had no really opportunity to really race )

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
After doing a little practice, set up feels good, gotta unlock some pace, but looks like qualy will be close again and race pace will be close between a lot of us. Strategy is pretty straightforward so it’s down to pace and consistency without mistakes. Let’s see who can focus the most

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Race pace seems decent, but the tires overheat so easily. Quali pace i think will be decent whenever i get a lap together which i havent so far

Axeeri

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Can't attend this race either because of work. I will ask my boss about clarification of my schedule on sundays. And i'll update you on if i have to pull out of the league. Fingers crossed i won't have to.

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Quali: P4.

nothing exciting... could've grabbed pole but I invalidated 2 laps off the final corner and had to slow down. Banged a 30.3 to put me up there.

Race: P1!

Very good race. decent start but @PedroPMF was scaring me to death at the hairpin lol. I was surprised to see @AOR_all3ren and @Jordy Lopez pit on lap 3. Then I knew the battle was with @jomppalainen. He pitted on lap 5 and I somehow got the overcut to work. Came out ahead and @frandythomsen held him up nicely which gave me a 4 second gap. @Jordy Lopez was catching me but consistency won me this one!

Nice way to go into the break!

Highlights: watch

Last edited:

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Qualy: P2. Couldn't really get down to @AOR_all3ren qualy pace, and probably not @Jordy Lopez either had he hooked up a lap when the track was at it's best. Did a 1:30:2 which was about as good as I could've expected, so happy with that.

Race: P3

I had pretty good pace in the race as well, and might've been up there battling @xXVik-StarRxX based on pace since it seemed fairly similar for most of the race, but he put it together better in some key moments to build up a bit of a gap that I couldn't get down. Overdrove my ultras slightly at the end of that stint so Vikstar got past just before I pitted. Was hoping to undercut him then but a bit of a sloppy outlap from me meant he kept ahead as we closed up on @frandythomsen who was on a different strategy. His pace was slightly slower but not much, and I couldn't get past quick enough to hang onto Vikstar unfortunately. Was about 3.5s behind him after I got past Frandy, and it stayed there for the rest of the race. Jordy got past towards the end on his 2-stop strategy, and I'd already picked up a 3-sec time penalty at that point so I didn't put up that much of a fight, trying to cover the people behind and limit the damage of those 3 seconds to stay in 3rd as the drivers behind were losing a bit of time battling.

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
Quali: i was like flying one of my best laps i have driven in china
The lap was so good that my hand shaked a little in the last corner because i didnt wanted to ruin the time but luckily nothing happend and i have driven a lap in f1 nivea

Race: First lost position on @Jordy Lopez because of his team mate @KaneIyanda blocking me ( that was real team play from them respect)
Than i saw 2 people being in front of me at the ende of the race altough i havent even seen them on track because they were in a different and it looks like way faster strategie

But im sure next time it will be enough for race win

Reactions: PedroPMF

Jordy Lopez

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2016
Q. Another P3 start. Couldnt hit a decent lap. Every q lap I made a mistake in the hairpin pushing it too hard but I was happy with it.

R. After practicing a lot this week, I knew I had a chance to win today even though I started P3 because I felt comfortable with my race pace. But that all took a turn for the worst when I picked up front wing damage right before going into the pitlane for my first stop. Last week I got a 5 sec penalty and this week is having to change my front wing which costed me 4-5 secs. I thought a podium was out of reach at that point but I pushed every lap on my first stint on soft tires and was able to make up the time I lost to eren. Pitted early to get closer to eren and it paid off. Was pushing really hard on the final stint and finish P2 just under 2 seconds behind VicStar. I thought I could have made the two stop strategy work but you never know what can happen. Congrats to VicStar on the win and on to Baku!

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

Jordy Lopez

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2016
Quali: i was like flying one of my best laps i have driven in china
The lap was so good that my hand shaked a little in the last corner because i didnt wanted to ruin the time but luckily nothing happend and i have driven a lap in f1 nivea

Race: First lost position on @Jordy Lopez because of his team mate @KaneIyanda blocking me ( that was real team play from them respect)
Than i saw 2 people being in front of me at the ende of the race altough i havent even seen them on track because they were in a different and it looks like way faster strategie

But im sure next time it will be enough for race win
lol there is no team play. you tried to force your way in front of kanelyanda in t1 but didnt work out then I came on the inside for t3 and took advantage.

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
lol there is no team play. you tried to force your way in front of kanelyanda in t1 but didnt work out then I came on the inside for t3 and took advantage.
Yeah until kanelyanda let you pass easily and fighted me hard .
I think that is called teamwork at least from him

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Race report
Qualifying: P5 I wanted to try to qualify on the softs but I just went really wide in the first corner and decided to back off. I only managed to complete 1 hotlap with the ultrasofts, which was good enough for P5. I expected people to qualify on the softs but very few people even tried so it didnt go as planned
Race: So the race was going to be tough starting on ultrasofts, I was forced into a 2 stop because I knew I couldnt last more than 4 laps with ultras, so my race objective was to score some points. I had a really good start but had nowhere to go into the first corner, so I had to back off from gaining any places. I was really close to Vik during the whole first lap and I unfortunately picked up some damage (which I didnt notice at the time). From then on, I just couldnt keep up with the guys in front and fell off. So I pitted on lap 4 for softs. If I wanted to do something I needed to overtook the medium runners in front of me, but for every tenth I gained on them because of the softer tyre, I was losing half a second on both the first corner and the exit before the main straight due to the damage. Nothing more really happened. I got up to P5 after everyone stopped but went back to P12 after doing my second stop, so I just put on a set of ultra and got the fastest lap of the race.
Congrats to @xXVik-StarRxX for the win. I am going to come back for baku stronger than ever so...