PS4 - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
Absolute faff. Remind me to bring my red carpet with me to Baku and I’ll just let you pass whenever I see you. Grow up.
If i wanted to tell you to let me pass too and that this was unfair i wouldnt have written respect to your move i think you have understood me wrong i found it a cool strategic move, making our race experience more authentic because in real f1 there happen sinilar moves

Reactions: KaneIyanda

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Q. Another P3 start. Couldnt hit a decent lap. Every q lap I made a mistake in the hairpin pushing it too hard but I was happy with it.

R. After practicing a lot this week, I knew I had a chance to win today even though I started P3 because I felt comfortable with my race pace. But that all took a turn for the worst when I picked up front wing damage right before going into the pitlane for my first stop. Last week I got a 5 sec penalty and this week is having to change my front wing which costed me 4-5 secs. I thought a podium was out of reach at that point but I pushed every lap on my first stint on soft tires and was able to make up the time I lost to eren. Pitted early to get closer to eren and it paid off. Was pushing really hard on the final stint and finish P2 just under 2 seconds behind VicStar. I thought I could have made the two stop strategy work but you never know what can happen. Congrats to VicStar on the win and on to Baku!
I think you need to start thinking about doing the 1 stops more often because I personally think you could have easily won both China and Bahrain

Reactions: Jordy Lopez

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
Race report
Qualifying: P5 I wanted to try to qualify on the softs but I just went really wide in the first corner and decided to back off. I only managed to complete 1 hotlap with the ultrasofts, which was good enough for P5. I expected people to qualify on the softs but very few people even tried so it didnt go as planned
Race: So the race was going to be tough starting on ultrasofts, I was forced into a 2 stop because I knew I couldnt last more than 4 laps with ultras, so my race objective was to score some points. I had a really good start but had nowhere to go into the first corner, so I had to back off from gaining any places. I was really close to Vik during the whole first lap and I unfortunately picked up some damage (which I didnt notice at the time). From then on, I just couldnt keep up with the guys in front and fell off. So I pitted on lap 4 for softs. If I wanted to do something I needed to overtook the medium runners in front of me, but for every tenth I gained on them because of the softer tyre, I was losing half a second on both the first corner and the exit before the main straight due to the damage. Nothing more really happened. I got up to P5 after everyone stopped but went back to P12 after doing my second stop, so I just put on a set of ultra and got the fastest lap of the race.
Congrats to @xXVik-StarRxX for the win. I am going to come back for baku stronger than ever so...
You had a good pace unlickily the wing damage

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Quali: P4.

nothing exciting... could've grabbed pole but I invalidated 2 laps off the final corner and had to slow down. Banged a 30.3 to put me up there.

Race: P1!

Very good race. decent start but @PedroPMF was scaring me to death at the hairpin lol. I was surprised to see @AOR_all3ren and @Jordy Lopez pit on lap 3. Then I knew the battle was with @jomppalainen. He pitted on lap 5 and I somehow got the overcut to work. Came out ahead and @frandythomsen held him up nicely which gave me a 4 second gap. @Jordy Lopez was catching me but consistency won me this one!

Nice way to go into the break!

Highlights: watch
You should have been scared on the previous corner, that is where I launched it, not at the hairpin. Btw, even with rich mixture and overtake I couldnt gain a meter on you in the drag race :cry:

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
You had a good pace unlickily the wing damage
Not qualifying on softs or outside the top 10 was where I actually lost the race. P11 is looking like 2nd pole position for me if tyre wear stays like this in the following rounds

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
You should have been scared on the previous corner, that is where I launched it, not at the hairpin. Btw, even with rich mixture and overtake I couldnt gain a meter on you in the drag race :cry:
tbf I was in the same modes as you lol

Jordy Lopez

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2016
I think you need to start thinking about doing the 1 stops more often because I personally think you could have easily won both China and Bahrain
Thanks man! Like you said, as much as i wanted too, the ultras would last 3-4 laps for me

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Quali: Absoulete shitfest. In practice i did a 30.3 as PB, but in the actual one that counts im obviously such a bottlejob so did a 31.0.
Race: Went round the outside of @SlimboDude and @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL and moved up to 6th. Tried pitting early to undercut people, worked pretty well, but because i was on a 2 stop and most of the others were on a 1 stop that was all lost. Then in the last stint i hoped to go ham and fly through the field, but i ended up a lot further behind the pack than i wanted and my pace wasnt as good as i hoped as well. Got myself ahead off proffesional with a few laps remaining as he really seemed to struggle with the tyres, and with 2 laps to go i was 2 seconds of @tough_2_handle but 2 horrendoes laps meant i was 3.1 seconds off and he beat me by 1 tenth because he had a penalty.