Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 3 - Long Beach

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 20th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 10 minutes
  • Race: 46 laps (1 formation lap + 45 race laps)
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • In-game date 07/04/2019
  • Qualifying time: 07 April 2019 01:00 (AM)
  • Race start time: 07 April 2019 02:00 (AM)
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows: @DustyPigz @spacemonkee78 (maybe) @CarbonUK [USER=21715]@areqq @Fabio_Ribeiro

Last edited:

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Welcome to Long Beach!

Traditionally the grand prix at Long Beach is held in April and this year our GT3 league is one of the supports series. A street circuit will always come with some extra challenges, even though the track is quite wide at most parts in comparison with some other street tracks. Overtaking will be a challenge, but if you manage to avoid any kind of damage, you will get a good result. The race will take place under the artificial lights as we're driving in the middle of the night. Weather will be heavy clouds for both qualifying and race.

We return to real-time progression for this race.

And remember the wise words from a certain F1 driver:
You have to be alert on a street circuit!

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I really encourage people to practice this race online, we usually have some lobbies up for practicing so join them. That said, I strongly suggest you do a few pub lobbies on Long Beach if you haven't already!! It will 100% show you WHAT NOT TO DO and how bad it can be with simple mistakes, over aggression or just being stupid.

This is Round 3 and it is expected at this point in AOR you understand each round's conditions, track, and have put effort into the season. The "I'm sorry" on avoidable things like coming back on track or not communicating will not cut it anymore. Mistakes will happen, no doubt, but awareness will be key on how you deal with it especially on Long Beach.

The track is tricky enough with soft vs hard tires... don't make it worse by not being prepared. Survive to the next round is all I am personally hoping for!!!

Pretender

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Anyone fancy sharing what sort of lap times their getting round this death trap of a race circuit :oops:

CarbonUK

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
I done some practice was doing 1.20s in the Bentley on race fuel

Obama

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2018
I come home late wednesday and I'm not sure if I'll make it to the race

Enton

Formula Karter
Aug 16, 2016
Anyone fancy sharing what sort of lap times their getting round this death trap of a race circuit :oops:
Last night practice qualy T4 times was starts 1.18 mids to 1:22 top.
Wednesdays qualy times most will depends on traffic density but i bet on we can see some 1:17 laps too.

areqq

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 22, 2016
19,5 and regular 20s after first short practice, there is some space for improvement :)

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

Gents,

We have the option for Long Beach to start the race in a single file line or two wide as normal. This is a majority decision within T4.

If you prefer single file use the forum emote AGREE with the green check mark. If you prefer the standard two wide use the forum emote DISAGREE with red X

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Woisa thanks for hosting this week. Lobby setup can be found HERE

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • In-game date 07/04/2019
  • Qualifying time: 07 April 2019 01:00 (AM)
  • Race start time: 07 April 2019 02:00 (AM)
  • real-time progression
  • heavy clouds for Q & R

Mearcat

Formula Karter
Oct 9, 2018
For those not familiar with this track, to avoid penalties for crossing the pit exit lines, don't cross the blue line which then continues as the double yellow line.

The end of the pit exit line is where the double yellow line finishes. No penalties picked up when practicing.

Deerladog

F1 Test Driver
Aug 24, 2017
If I win this race I'm making it law that all circuits mark their braking boards in meters. The amount of times I've looked at a board and gone "200 seems about right" and then promptly hit a wall face first is too many.

Use proper units.
Brexit means Brexit.

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Round 3 - Long Beach
Driver briefing

Track Limits

For this track we didn't find any potential corner cutting which could not get recognized by the in-game track limit detection. Therefore all parts of the track the in-game track limits apply.

Pit Entry
The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times in the final section of track.
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
  • Keeping to the inside/right during and while exiting the final hairpin.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.
Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
    • As it is a night race, this is usually quite visible, despite the pit wall blocking direct view.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.

General information
As this is a night race, drivers are reminded of the rules covering the requirement for having working/active headlights at all times:
Marvin said:
2.3 Driving in different conditions

● For races that take place at night time, all drivers are required to have their headlights on in order to make your car visible to others, and to make the road more visible for you. If you're involved in an accident which damages both of your headlights, you must return to the pits immediately for repairs. Please also make sure you have a button assigned to turn the headlights on.

areqq

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 22, 2016
I was waiting till now because I tried to do my best but unfortunately I can't take part in this round. Good luck everyone :) @GIXXERosg

GromozekA

Junior Karter
Jan 8, 2019
Got kicked into the pits when the race went green and wasn't able to take to the track, but only monitor. Thanks, pCars! @GIXXERosg

D.Brezancic

F1 Test Driver
Mar 6, 2017
again 4-5 biger freezes:mad:, but luckily "only" 4-5 seconds lost, maybe more.... enough for @GIXXERosg to get away from me a couple of times :)

Last edited:

Deerladog

F1 Test Driver
Aug 24, 2017
I had a HUGE freeze, luckily it was on the start/finish "bend" and I managed to navigate my way around without crashing. I had flashbacks to Monza and thought my time was over. I got my first ever AOR pole position which I'm super happy about, and my first lights to flag to go with it. I don't feel like I deserve it though, @sairento90 was unbelievably quick, and I only won because you made 1 more mistake than me :)

Either way, congrats to @sairento90 and @GIXXERosg for the podium!!