Aug 25, 2017
Round 4 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th May 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I'm expecting plenty of track limits penalties here, I don't think I even got a warning in the previous race.

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Q - 6
R - 8

Alright so I was happy with my qualifying given now slow I am in wet conditions on this game so that was all good. Had a decent start and first lap up to P5. Then on lap 5 going down to turn 2 I braked where I usually do and @syluntbob who must've been like 70m in front of me braked for me very early and I slammed into the back of him and I got wing damage. Because of the damage my pace dropped by about a second and I was a sitting duck for the rest of the grid. Still I got to fool around fighting the Ferrari of @stifler1000 for a few laps. On lap 9 I thought that I will lose way too much time by sticking to my one stop strategy so I switched to a 2 stop. In hindsight I should have probably tried to tough it out.

So the rest was a recovery race. Luckily for me a few other went for another stop and some had problems so I got back into the points. On my final stint on US tyres I caught @Pxcam and on lap 35 in order to avoid the earlier incident where I got damage I took an inside line into turn 2. Like the previous time I did brake way later than the car ahead but this time I managed to turn it into a Ricciardoesque divebomb. So P8 it was,had some fun fights throughout the way, nice fair racing. More of that in Silverstone please.

Reactions: syluntbob

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF P8 R P10

I tried so hard to be careful and not get wing damage, made it to turn 5 where @Renner9 was going slowly, when to go up the inside and the slightest tap and I got damage. Dragged the car round until lap 10 and pitted for softs. After the pit stops had shaken out I was in 8th spot and comfortable then somehow I seemed to get a problem with the gearbox for a couple of laps when there would be a delay of the gears going down or not at all. Resulted in making a mistake at turn 3 and dropping to 11th. Crossed the line and promoted upto 10th due to penalties to @pete day.
Congratulations to @Renetee on your win and to @Patido and @syluntbob on rounding out the podium.