PS4 - Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix - [01/09/19 8PM UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix - [01/09/19 8PM UK Time]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st September 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@xGATECRASHERx
@Joost

Last edited:

xGATECRASHERx

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I ripped my car to pieces on the wall 3/4 of way round the first lap lol

xGATECRASHERx

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Really sorry guys but I'm going to have to miss tonight. Good luck all and can't wait to watch your videos afterwards

• Informative
Reactions: iej76 and Jason007

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
Guys i will not be racing tonight. I had a survivalrun today, and I can’t make it.
Good luck all.

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

DonSteeringwheel

Formula Karter
Jul 19, 2019
I'm happy with that weekend at Baku as I got my first points. Qualifying started horrible for me because my brake was blocked on the first lap. So I had to pit and adjust my wheel and pedals while you got your first laps in. As the forecast said we would start in full wet conditions I did my qualifying lap on softs. It was just enough for P11.

The race then started good for me and I'm happy there was no big trouble. I guess in front with the Ferrari it was more difficult.
The first laps it was a constant battle with the conditions and as I couldn't see anything as I came to close to Anto I tried to keep some distance but still keep a good position. As the track dried up we both pitted so there was no chance for an undercut. That kept me behind him. As I started losing grip I damaged my front wing. To get the best out of the car I changed it when I pitted for softs but was too far to catch Anto one more time. P7 in the end and a win for my teammate leads to the first double points finish for our team.

(black helmet in order to pay tribute to Anthoine Hubert)

I hope we can continue that way and see you then in Spain!

Last edited:

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
So yeah; if you want a wet race, let me host. LOL
Never expected that.
Little time i had, spending it on TT in dry conditions.
Spectating the race after my crash in lap 2.
Very nice driving, guys!!

Reactions: Jason007

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P10
R: P11

No words for this weekend. For the whole race I had a problem with the gearbox, and from the middle of the race I have definitively lost the 4th gear.
During the last stint, when we have used the Soft tyres, I had a problem with the DRS, it was off for all the final 6 laps, so I couldn't attack the 10th place.
The only interesting moment of my race was when @iej76 overtakes me, good job mate, and sorry for the contact, but as you can see on the video in that conditions was really difficult keeping the control of the car,

See you all in Spain, hoping in a ''regular'' race ;) .

Last edited:

Kellvinnr3

S18 AOR PS4 F10 Champion
Sep 10, 2017
Q2

R3

Lessons learned: Must check weather before race.
Race: Had a great start and managed the gap behind, the last turns where very tricky and i was unable to take them full power.
Around lap 15 i started to notice the weather clearing and was waiting for the slicks. This did not happen before the inters ran out so had to pit lap 17.
After pitting I had amazing grip but lap 19 I got over confident and lost it in the last corner. Than i decided, because my tire’s where over heated, that pitting for softs would be a great idea. It wasn’t.. I lost another place because of this.

Last edited: