PC - Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [01/09/2019 08:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [01/09/2019 08:00pm]

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st September 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

View attachment 93455

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Maniek
- @Kane Jr
- @xype

Last edited:

ArrowMax

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 14, 2018
Q: P9 - 1:40:705 S
Mediocre laps, to be honest. Also not a good track for me.

R: P8 2 Stops S,H,M
Kept my distance from any of the early shenanigans, trying to keep my front wing.
On L3, I clipped the castle left-hander slightly, losing part of said front wing. Early stop onto hards, not a huge deal.

Another front wing lost in the incident between @leenvollaard and @DaPain on L5, which forced me to pit and change to a two stop. Since I had already used my only set of hards, I had to hold out on the broken front wing for some laps before changing to mediums for the remaining third of the race.
Not stoked by the risk assessment in this one, to say the least.

Not much to say thereafter. I was keeping my pace and didn't fight anyone else until the end.

Congratulations on the win.

VictorWasa

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Decent race.
Can't complain since I went in with no expectations.
P6 on the grid and finished P5.
Good scraps with a couple of guys. I had a puncture on the last lap, but it didn't change the result. Anyways. Looking forward to a better track next week. ****, it's Spain, nvm... When will they replace these horrible tracks with good ones?

My POV of the race:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Decent race.
Can't complain since I went in with no expectations.
P6 on the grid and finished P5.
Good scraps with a couple of guys. I had a puncture on the last lap, but it didn't change the result. Anyways. Looking forward to a better track next week. ****, it's Spain, nvm... When will they replace these horrible tracks with good ones?

My POV of the race:
You finished P6 liar :p

DaPain

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 15, 2018
I have one thing to say after yesterday's race. All the time you have to leave a space

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
I had a clean and pretty good race, even if I loaded the wrong setup. Unfortunately the wrong setup was so ****, that I was dancing in the track, no traction at all. I was trying to keep the car in one piece, but as my hard tires were degrading, I lost my front wing and over 10 seconds in the castle section at Lap 10. @K4RZOLIA I'm sorry for the contact, I had a broken front wing and locked my tires, which caused you to hit my back as your speed was much higher.

Went to medium tires, but with the **** setup and cold tires, my car just did not want to turn, and I ended up crashing to a wall. Very frustrated, as I think I could've been easily top 3 in the race.

Reactions: K4RZOLIA

HulkBobby

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 25, 2018
Good race on a track that I hate.
P5 in quali and at the end P6.
After I realised there are no more cars around me I decided to get on a safety tempo. I have the worst best lap:ROFLMAO: but I could gain lots of points.
Next is Spain. See you there!

leenvollaard

Pro Karter
Jan 15, 2019
@leenvollaard what did you try to do at 30:40 on my POV ? :unsure:
I had no front wing and Saw you coming. I tried to avoid a collision nu braking and steering in early, buy as I had no front wing I didn't make it. I really was trying tot get out of the way and let anyone pass as there is no point in racing anyone without a front wing.

Reactions: Hinyaldee