PS4 - Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [04/11/18 7pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [04/11/18 7pm UK]

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th November 2018
Start Time: 7:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Jarno Opmeer

Last edited:

S2V_DaniMG

Pro Karter
Aug 5, 2018
Hi, my T300 just broke down and I will not be able to race today. I tried to practice with the pad but I’am very slow and I could be a threat to other drivers.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Hi, my T300 just broke down and I will not be able to race today. I tried to practice with the pad but I’am very slow and I could be a threat to other drivers.
Thanks for letting us know.

@Aressi191 You can fill the Haas seat tonight.

Reactions: Aressi191

Dominik Hofmann

2-time AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Jan 20, 2017
Just wanted to drop sth I noticed when watching back the stream, on the sc restart on lap 6 it seemed that not only me, but a lot of guys behind me aswell were caught out by Deaglekiller not going when the game released him. I can only speak for myself, but I assumed that the game would restrict my pace according to the leader, thus why me and seemingly a lot of other people aswell had their foot flat to the floor, anticipating the restart. I'm not putting any blame on Deagle, especially considering that we havent had to deal with a safety car situation in years. However I'm looking for clarification on what you can and cant do as the leader on the restart, and vice versa what sort of behaviour you can expect from the leader on the restart.

Might very well also just be me being a massive bottlejob, who knows. AMIRITE?!

• Agree
Reactions: WilliamsJIM_Roy

WilliamsJIM_Roy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Just wanted to drop sth I noticed when watching back the stream, on the sc restart on lap 6 it seemed that not only me, but a lot of guys behind me aswell were caught out by Deaglekiller not going when the game released him. I can only speak for myself, but I assumed that the game would restrict my pace according to the leader, thus why me and seemingly a lot of other people aswell had their foot flat to the floor, anticipating the restart. I'm not putting any blame on Deagle, especially considering that we havent had to deal with a safety car situation in years. However I'm looking for clarification on what you can and cant do as the leader on the restart, and vice versa what sort of behaviour you can expect from the leader on the restart.

Might very well also just be me being a massive bottlejob, who knows. AMIRITE?!
I am sorry for anybody who received any damage or lost positions during the safety car restart, obviously it was also new for me. My first league race was on F12017 so this was for me the first time to drive behind the safety car. However i dont think i did anything wrong as i am controlling the pace untill the green flag. I just wanted to wait 80 to 100 more meters but at the moment i felt some contact i drove instantly away to reduce the damage from the drivers behind me.

For the future: I think its not ideal to put your feet on the floor as your car can go any minute you're not expecting.

Last edited:

Flying F1NN

Reigning AOR PS4 Christmas Cup Winner
Dec 31, 2017
Also on some tracks aswell if you put your foot on the floor when the sc ends u can spin out.

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
2.3 Safety car & virtual safety car guidelines:

● During a virtual safety car, or while catching up to the train during a safety car period, you must not exceed the delta time indicated by the game.

● If you are the lead car and driving to catch up to the safety car, please take caution when approaching it, as it will be moving very slowly while waiting to pick you up. Approach it slowly and then the safety car should pick up its speed. Make sure you keep a safe distance to the safety car to avoid potentially hitting it if lag or other inconsistencies occur, as this may lead to the game disqualifying you from the race.

● As the leader of the pack following the safety car, do not intentionally slow the pack down to a dangerously low speed when controlling the pace ahead of a restart.

● While in the safety car queue, do not drive dangerously by weaving excessively or suddenly slowing down in front of someone. Keep a safe distance to the car ahead, but without creating an unnaturally big gap in the queue.

● No overtaking should happen under safety car conditions, even if the car ahead of you is a ghost car driven by the AI, or a car that is lapped. Although it may be frustrating to sit behind a slow-moving ghost car until you reach the pit-lane or catch up to the pack, this will avoid problems such as illegal overtake penalties being awarded.

● It is prohibited to park or crash your car for the purpose of initiating a safety car situation. Anyone found to have deliberately crashed out or retired their car on track will be severely penalised, regardless of whether this actually ended up causing a safety car or not.

● If we experience a major glitch with the safety car (for example someone being unfairly and unavoidably disqualified due to a safety car glitch), we reserve the right to disable this feature with immediate effect if deemed appropriate.

@Dominik Hofmann

@DeAgLeKiLLeR hasnt done anything wrong as he kept a consistent speed but as he is leading the pack its on him to pick thw point of returning to racing speed untill the line.

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
The first of many SC restarts this league will endure anyway.
--

Solid P7 for me. Back for Monaco.