PS4 - Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix [06/05/2018 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix [06/05/2018 8PM UK]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@S40TYD
@Boniface-8
@Fletcherboy77

Driver Questions:

Were you pleased with your performance at Baku?

After 3 races, we've had 3 different winners and 9 different drivers score podium finishes. Will the trend continue?

Who do you think is currently the quickest in the tier?

Podium prediction?

Last edited:

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Driver Questions:

Absolutely not. From being sick to one of my worst performances in AOR history, all I wanna do is forget that ever happened.

After 3 races, we've had 3 different winners and 9 different drivers score podium finishes. Will the trend continue?
Well, there's still a few different drivers we could choose from, think we'll see a 4th different winner yeah, 3 new podium drivers though, might be a push....

Hard to pick one, very leveled up field.

Podium prediction?
1. @Tincan394
2. @HiippariLate
3. @Sneaky24-7Ninja

Last edited:

BenJS1244

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Feb 14, 2018
No,somehow got pole but in the race as soon as went into inters made stupid mistake on final corner and crashed
After 3 races, we’ve had 3 different winners and 9 different drivers score podium finishes will the trend continue?

Have no idea but might be chance of different winner as lots of very competitive drivers but not sure about 3 different podium finishers

Have no clue

Podium prediction?
1. @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx
2. @nardcox
3. @tough_2_handle

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Result was good but as a drive it wasn't particularly good, considering conditions though I suppose I'm pleased.

I hope so, would give me a brilliant chance of my first podium.

Think its too early to say really. Everyone seems to be close.

Podium prediction?
@tough_2_handle
@Sneaky24-7Ninja
@XxHAMMERTIME95Xx

AORHAMILTON

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2017
Driver Questions:

Were you pleased with your performance at Baku? No one of my weakest tracks and to get it out of the way so quickly on lap 1 was a relief.

I believe so and i hope it will as it makes it for more exciting racing and unpredictable especially with new drivers joining this league now.

Its tough at the minute with so many drivers competing at the front, we need to wait until someone puts consistency to there performances then we can decide from there.

Podium prediction?
1. @Tincan394
2. @Vintage_DG
3. @Tigaby

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

I was driving brilliantly until my mistake on lap 12 or whatever it was. A familiar theme with me. One mistake disturbs my entire rhythm. I'm just glad I salvaged 4 points from that horror show.

I hope so. I don't think there are many tiers in AOR as close as ours at the moment.

Hmm...a little too hard to say because people keep bottling it.

Podium prediction?
1. @Tincan394
2. @tough_2_handle
3. @Vintage_DG

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Getting seriously pissed off with how I contrive to throw away good results.....

Qualifying: 5th

Didn't have the pace for pole this time, @Vintage_DG was simply too good. However the mess up at S2 (after invalidating many of my previous attempts) cost me a shot at the front row, things working out better I could have had three poles and a 2nd from the first 4 races of the season! Very pleased with 5th anyway mind you :)

Race: 6th on road, 7th after pens

What might have been...... again.

Didn't get the best of starts being boxed in at T1 and fell to 7th, but jumped back up to P5 with mistakes from other drivers on 2nd lap. @nardcox nearly killed me at T1 with an opportunistic move but both of us survived, and after initially struggling to stay with the lead group I reeled the likes of teammate @Tincan394, @Sneaky24-7Ninja and @pepper_F1 who were all fighting for 2nd while @Vintage_DG simply drove away with a clear lead. Lasted up till lap 8 before pitting for Mediums in an attempt to jump the guys ahead of me, and managed to get all but my teammate who pitted the very next lap and slotted himself right in front of me. P2 and P3 for Mercedes :)

Up till lap 23 things were playing out like a game of cat and mouse, with @Tincan394's slipstream and helpings of DRS for me keeping me out of sight from the chasing pack for P4, while at the same I maintained great pace to trade fast laps with him and Vintage throughout. At one stage, not only were both of us catching him but my pace was better than the pair of them, but the dirty air following Tincan (and my overdriving at times) was taking a huge toll on the front left, which meant I couldn't complete a one-stop without getting a puncture. So pitted, five second penalty served for speeding the 1st time and finished in P6, but 7th due to silly corner cuts costing me my best ever result.

This time it IS Spain coming up next - haven't got a fucking prayer..... :S

Last edited:

Vintage_DG

S15 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Mar 29, 2018
Quali: P1
Race: P1

That's 4 out of 4 on AOR now.
Not much to say really, qualified on pole, had a good start and controlled the race.
Pace was similar to my old division, F7, overall, but a little bit better race pace in my eyes.
Didn't have to do any overtakes again, so no problems occured there.
Don't have time to practice this week again, so hopefully natural pace in Spain too.
See you next weekend!

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Getting seriously pissed off with how I contrive to throw away good results.....

Qualifying: 5th

Didn't have the pace for pole this time, @Vintage_DG was simply too good. However the mess up at S2 (after invalidating many of my previous attempts) cost me a shot at the front row, things working out better I could have had three poles and a 2nd from the first 4 races of the season! Very pleased with 5th anyway mind you :)

Race: 6th on road, 7th after pens

What might have been...... again.

Didn't get the best of starts being boxed in at T1 and fell to 7th, but jumped back up to P5 with mistakes from other drivers on 2nd lap. @nardcox nearly killed me at T1 with an opportunistic move but both of us survived, and after initially struggling to stay with the lead group I reeled the likes of teammate @Tincan394, @Sneaky24-7Ninja and @pepper_F1 who were all fighting for 2nd while @Vintage_DG simply drove away with a clear lead. Lasted up till lap 8 before pitting for Mediums in an attempt to jump the guys ahead of me, and managed to get all but my teammate who pitted the very next lap and slotted himself right in front of me. P2 and P3 for Mercedes :)

Up till lap 23 things were playing out like a game of cat and mouse, with @Tincan394's slipstream and helpings of DRS for me keeping me out of sight from the chasing pack for P4, while at the same I maintained great pace to trade fast laps with him and Vintage throughout. At one stage, not only were both of us catching him but my pace was better than the pair of them, but the dirty air following Tincan (and my overdriving at times) was taking a huge toll on the front left, which meant I couldn't complete a one-stop without getting a puncture. So pitted, five second penalty served for speeding the 1st time and finished in P6, but 7th due to silly corner cuts costing me my best ever result.

This time it IS Spain coming up next - haven't got a fucking prayer..... :S
Did you record your race? I wanna see your T1 divebomb on me from your POV. I half anticipated it but fair play

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Did you record your race? I wanna see your T1 divebomb on me from your POV. I half anticipated it but fair play
Not sure if I've had the capture mode on for the PS4 but no recording :( - was totally by accident, the back end of the car snapped big time on me so amazed I made the corner haha

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Quali: 2nd
Race: 13th

Comments: Dream quali, fastest time I had ever done around Bahrain on this game to put me in the first row for the first time since S11. And then all went down the tubes. The Super soft stint was alright until the last two laps, where tyres were really giving up, and a little moment with Hiipari were quite stresfful to deal with, having already lost a position to Tincan. After I put on the mediums, pace was just nowhere to be seen, lost a massive amount of time to the Mercedes duo, and when I realized I had Nardcox closing in on softs, and I had very little to respond with until I decided to check my tyre wear with like 5 laps to go, and was on the 80s... Lap 28 get overtaken by Jesse, to then get a puncture on he penultimate corner, just a horrific race for me overall. Honestly waiting for slighty better in Catalunya, a track where I dealt with really well back in F1 2013.

Race Footage:

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Q - Can’t remember where I started.
But bottled second lap

R - 14
Had a good start and was feeling like I could get points.
End of lap 1 Vectro turns into me and that’s me done pushing for the day

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Q17
R10

An ok race to be honest..was really disappointed with qualifying so far down the field. I'd managed 28s whilst practicing so was frustrated not being able to continue that during quali.

Race started badly, got away cleanly but got caught up in T1 drama and damaged my wing. Hand some great battles along the way, thanks to my pit crew for not changing my damaged wing! ... relatively content with P10 considering I drove all race with a damage wing. Onwards and upwards!

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 11th
R: 7th (6th due to @ColonelGaddafi's penalty)

I decided to start on fresh super softs. The first stint was all about keeping my nose clean. Myself and my teammate @TheTubbyNinja lost a damaging amount of time behind @tough_2_handle who seemed to really be struggling. Unfortunately Tubby got wing damage after some lag so he kindly let me through. I pitted at the end of lap 9 for mediums. This was a very lonely stint. My pace wasn't great as I hadn't done any practice on the mediums. I finished 7th due to some people deciding to 2 stop and Gaddafi's penalty promoted me to 6th. I'll take that tbh. Onto Spain, a track that hasn't been kind to me since S9.

BenJS1244

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Feb 14, 2018
Q: 7th
R: 2nd
Didn’t do best of laps in quali but after first Lap managed to get into p4, then few laps later managed to get past @HiippariLate and @pepper_F1 to get into p2 but after I started to catch @Vintage_DG at end of SS stint I had no pace on mediums and then my team mate @ColonelGaddafi was catching me but unfortunately for him he had to pit again and then onwards just saved tyres as I don’t have pace to catch @Vintage_DG but overall very happy to get another podium after Baku.
On to Spain