Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix


aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
242
53


Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix
Season 8


Race Information:

Date: Sun 18th May 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;PmJTYflg9M4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmJTYflg9M4[/video]
 

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
242
53
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0AqUuyPMQFID-dEhpY1dJU29EMlU3cU4tVERobjNzYnc&w idget=true&range=B2%3AF22&gid=106&single=true&chrome=false[/results]
 

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
242
53
Just a note about lag.

Obviously we had quite a few issues with it last race, mainly on the first lap. We will try a new host (Kristian) this race, but it won't fix the lag.

Those of you that lag, you know who you are and you know you've not got great connections. I would say the more lag you've got, the more space you should give. For example, I have very little lag, so I can get away with leaving less than 2 metres in front of my car. However, someone like Cem knows he has quite a bit of lag, so he should leave maybe 4-5 metres in front of his car. Just pretend your car is actually that length.

Lag will no longer be accepted as an excuse. We all know it's there, we all know our connections and we can all deal with it. If we have a similar situation this race, I will be submitting some entries into the stewards panel.

This doesn't mean you can't race, it just effectively means you have got a bigger car. You just have to be more cautious under braking. I usually have a look up the inside when I am very close to someone, even if I have no plans on overtaking them. When I've slowed down to my entry speed, I will then resume the racing line.
 

Miniblack

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 17, 2014
311
403
Hey guys!
Im not sure, that i can make it tonight, im at my brothers birthday party. It's just a heads up :)

And about the lag, Alex, we have all been hit by the lag, but 4 - 5 meters is just not racing, the worst part, is that we can't do much about the lag :(
but if you see someone lag, then just don't drive too close to them! :) but anyhow, cya tonight guys !
 
Jan 14, 2014
56
3
aalliigg;n42319 said:
Just a note about lag.

Obviously we had quite a few issues with it last race, mainly on the first lap. We will try a new host (Kristian) this race, but it won't fix the lag.

Those of you that lag, you know who you are and you know you've not got great connections. I would say the more lag you've got, the more space you should give. For example, I have very little lag, so I can get away with leaving less than 2 metres in front of my car. However, someone like Cem knows he has quite a bit of lag, so he should leave maybe 4-5 metres in front of his car. Just pretend your car is actually that length.

Lag will no longer be accepted as an excuse. We all know it's there, we all know our connections and we can all deal with it. If we have a similar situation this race, I will be submitting some entries into the stewards panel.

This doesn't mean you can't race, it just effectively means you have got a bigger car. You just have to be more cautious under braking. I usually have a look up the inside when I am very close to someone, even if I have no plans on overtaking them. When I've slowed down to my entry speed, I will then resume the racing line.
In addition, you are not the only one who can brake later, we all can. But, especially in opening laps, don't dive into from 10+ meters behind. Personally, I won't give space if I'm already heading into the apex. Make your move when under-braking, not when turning.

By saying "you", I did not mention you Alex :)
 

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
242
53
Furkan Özcan;n42688 said:
In addition, you are not the only one who can brake later, we all can. But, especially in opening laps, don't dive into from 10+ meters behind. Personally, I won't give space if I'm already heading into the apex. Make your move when under-braking, not when turning.

By saying "you", I did not mention you Alex :)
Haha, I know. :p

Good point though, please be very cautious on the opening lap. The damage system might be almost non-existent, but the lag is there to make any moves a lot harder. :p
 

klawutzke

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 18, 2014
130
143
Hey guys:)
I wont make it tonight.. I have really strong headache and I wont be concentrated enough to drive with you.
See you in Spain:)
 

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
133
53
Lets try Fat1st as host next time pls. We got a 100k connection, thast why i wonder why the **** we disconnected in such a promising race omg.
 

F1DanielJ

Rookie
Apr 16, 2014
14
1
Many disconnections again, thats a shame, would have been fun to see how that 1 stopper would have ended.
 
Apr 18, 2014
19
2
This race... I got no words...

Firstly, about my race. Then I'll talk about connection.

So in Q, bugged curbs fucked me up a few times. Didn't set a lap cuz I was so angry and abandoned a lap that would be around high 29s-low 30s.

Then in R, every single time someone disconnected I lagged for 1-2 seconds. Granu spun thanks to sidepod bug so that distracted me and I made a mistake like a few corners later. Then a curb spun me AGAIN so I was down like 10 seconds on Umur. Then I hit a bollard or whatever it is and - DESTROYED VEHICLE..

I'm not even angry now.. I'm just disappointed..

Now about the connection. I have a great connection, I've hosted lobbies of 16 people without any problems even before they increased my i-net speeds. It MUST be something else. I wasn't streaming, I wasn't doing anything. My Skype was stopped, Dropbox stopped, restarted router like 45 mins before the race. Only steam was running and that's it. I had over 60 Mbps just for hosting.

I think we shouldn't count this race and we should re-race it sometime or just drop it like it never happened. 6 people finishing is a joke. Absolute joke. And no one rage quitted or anything. Every single person that didn't finish was due to **** coding. I don't think that's fair to anyone who couldn't finish.

And also, please don't come to me blaming me for your disconnects. YOU forced me to host. I didn't want to, I asked Alex to find another person. You just wanted that. I seriously don't think the host is the problem, but I don't want to be blamed. For sure I'm not hosting next race. Please, find another person to host.
 

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
242
53
Jack1st;n42782 said:
Lets try Fat1st as host next time pls. We got a 100k connection, thast why i wonder why the **** we disconnected in such a promising race omg.
No, you two race on the same connection which can't be good for the rest of us. Fat1st also streams. And it's telling that you two disconnected. No matter how good your connection looks on paper, the fact is you two disconnected.

As for this race Kristian, it does count. In the rules, the only thing that can make it not count is a mass disconnection, which we didn't get. People just disconnected at random times. Also, as you point out, I'm not sure it will be better next time. It could even be worse.

I agree we should try and find a new host, have we got any volunteers? If not, we will go back to MiniBlack, since his connection seemed to be better than Kristian's at least.

The key thing isn't speed or ping, its stability. If your ping goes from 40 to 60 to 100 then back to 40, your connection is not stable. If one of those ping spikes happens when another player happens to have one, they or you will probably DC. Also bear in mind what other people in your house are doing. If there is other family members using the internet, it could easily result in you disconnecting.

It's telling that I have never disconnected from a league race. Not once. My connection might not be amazing, but it is very stable. And I am the only one using it.
 

izamusing

AOR PC RallyCross S3 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
107
5
Ok I got points but hell that's not the way I want to gain them.
The fact is that we know this game is very glitched (sidepod, random lockups, kerbs, bollards...) so we have to persevere until we can find a solution.
My opinion is that no matter what host it is, we will continue to have these issues unless codemasters do something about it...
 

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
133
53
Alex Gillon, Fat1st streamed the last season as well, and we didnt disconnect once. Ofc he wouldnt stream if hes the host. We do have a rly good and stable connection, Fat1st already hosted with 16 people, everyone had a green connection. Just because we are two people that are using the same connection doesnt mean that it must be bad for the rest of you. The most important thing is the router for this game, especially the host needs a good one, a fritzbox for instance. We got one, thats why i say that we should test Fat1st as a host at least once, maybe on thursday.
 

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
133
53
Was looking interesting.
[video=youtube;Z3TsKLzYx9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3TsKLzYx9A&feature=youtu.be[/video]
 

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
242
53
Jack1st;n42925 said:
Alex Gillon, Fat1st streamed the last season as well, and we didnt disconnect once. Ofc he wouldnt stream if hes the host. We do have a rly good and stable connection, Fat1st already hosted with 16 people, everyone had a green connection. Just because we are two people that are using the same connection doesnt mean that it must be bad for the rest of you. The most important thing is the router for this game, especially the host needs a good one, a fritzbox for instance. We got one, thats why i say that we should test Fat1st as a host at least once, maybe on thursday.
Fair point about the router, it does matter, but I don't think its hugely important.

We will try your connection on Thursday, can everyone make an effort to attend the social at 8PM?
 
Jan 14, 2014
56
3
My qualifying lap. I did a small mistake costing me 0.15x seconds - in my opinion - but my position wasn't going to change anyway. I used 11-11 instead of 11-1(that's what I was practicing with) spring stiffness which was a mistake for me. Because car got so stable that I couldn't create oversteer in hard braking zones to get a good exit. This over-stable car slightly worsened my lap times, I guess by 0.1-0.2 seconds. Race video is still being uploaded. But I must say that nothing happened after lap 15. Absolutely nothing :)