Sep 21, 2017
Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

- Ryndal
- dragoka1

- Haky

Last edited:

Jordy van Oosten

F1 1st Driver
Sep 12, 2016
what setup are you guys going to use? ive tried some setups from the workshop (from limitless etc...) but i keep losing the rear end on the first and second to last corner. cant find out why.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hey everybody - The race this weekend will be run using the time of day setting of 'Midnight' rather than 'Official.' This is something that the coordinators decided prior to the start of the season but it is not very clear from the information at the top of this thread. Be sure to have that set in any of your practice sessions as it'll definitely affect track/tire temperatures and the like.

Reactions: Jordy van Oosten

Jordy van Oosten

F1 1st Driver
Sep 12, 2016
Hey everybody - The race this weekend will be run using the time of day setting of 'Midnight' rather than 'Official.' This is something that the coordinators decided prior to the start of the season but it is not very clear from the information at the top of this thread. Be sure to have that set in any of your practice sessions as it'll definitely affect track/tire temperatures and the like.
midnight driving will be cool. but how about wet weather, we havent seen rain yet this season? is it dynamic, or doe we get to know when we are driving in the wet?

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
Hey guys, it doesn't look like a session is being hosted by others, but I still want to get some practice in. I'll start the session in 30 minutes (so 8:30 UK time). if you want to join add me on steam! (same name as here, find the same chicken avatar!)

We're going to do same settings as a race, no practice session beforehand to save time

Ryndal

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 28, 2018
Good luck everybody tonight and I'll race you guys on Sunday in Spain! Give the fight to @DannyTard and @Haky so they don't run away too much

Jordy van Oosten

F1 1st Driver
Sep 12, 2016
FYI: changed steam name to: #6_van_Oosten. This will replace my previous name: DutchBarbarian.
Ill be hosting tonights race. i will start with a 45 min practice session ahead of qually, starting close to 45 minutes ahead of qually. hope to see some of you there! the actual race will not be hosted in this same lobby due to tyre management and stuff ( i think the game accounts for the practice sessions).
Also add me on Steam so i can invite you to the race!

Jordy van Oosten

F1 1st Driver
Sep 12, 2016
ive opened the practice lobby, ask me on steam to join, its friends only

RACE LOBBY NOW OPEN AS WELL

Last edited:

Waffle Man

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
I had a horrible start i apologize to anybody that was effected by it. It was the first time ever i got so high on the grid was really exited and lost the rear at the start off the race my bad...

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
I had a nice start but got stuck behind @KillerS55 who was weaving everywhere just to avoid losing a position. @Reprimanded joined the fun after I got past Killer and runs wide into me in turn 3 making me spin.
That was really poor defending that cost me a few places.

Update: things are sorted with Reprimanded, I guess some connection issues led to that incident.

Last edited:

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
I've got the Results & Standings thread updated with results of today's race. Overall it seemed as though the internet connection for today's lobby was better than previous races. If you had an issue with latency or desync'ing, please reply here and let me know so we can best get an idea of who the lobby host should be long term. I personally had what seemed to be desync issues with willv (I saw willv crashed into walls in 3 or 4 spots along the track throughout the race, however he finished 9th so clearly that was not correct.)

I'd also like to say that from here on out we're going to become strict with regards to starting the race on time. The race information threads request that you be online and ready to join the lobby 10 minutes prior to the race start time. It's unfair to the folks who are ready at the correct time to have to wait for others who are not.

Lastly, if there are racing incidents during the race please use the stewards forum to report the incident (using the template provided in that forum) with any evidence you have and let the stewards sort out the problem. This helps the league and its racers get better about following the rules and also helps in creating a clean racing environment. Also please make sure you have read and are familiar with the correct rules regarding qualifying sessions, what to do when there's an incident during the race, how to rejoin the track if you've had an off, etc etc.

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
What lap was this?
Probably in the 5 first laps, I didn't record the race

@IntergalacticGentleman I didn't have any issues that influenced my race, but I passed you and you were kinda slow and with the X beside your name. Also I had Kaltomat (I think) glitching on and off stationary at turn 3. I think that these glitches may be due to some of the guys disconnecting from the lobby, they mention it in the rules.

Reprimanded

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Probably in the 5 first laps, I didn't record the race.
First 2.5 laps we didn't touch and you didn't spin. Then you run wide on lap 3, we go side by side and I'm giving you room, then you go for a divebomb and spin out yourself.

For the next 5 laps until I pit you remain around 6-8 seconds behind me.

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
First 2.5 laps we didn't touch and you didn't spin. Then you run wide on lap 3, we go side by side and I'm giving you room, then you go for a divebomb and spin out yourself.

For the next 5 laps until I pit you remain around 6-8 seconds behind me.
I got the turns mixed up as it was so early in the race, I thought it was turn 3.
Fair enough, there may have been some desync as I remember being much closer to you there.

EversVincent

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 21, 2017
@Reprimanded did i touch your front wing somewhere cause i had a feeling it was a small touch between us somewhere dunno where

EDIT: @IntergalacticGentleman for your info since your pitstop info is again broken did a 2 stopper after needing to pit on lap 2 to supers due to front wing damage and then again in lap 14 to the soft drove them to the end

Jordy van Oosten

F1 1st Driver
Sep 12, 2016
I would love it so much to pass the first two corners without losing my front wing due to people losing control. Come on guys, you can never win a race at the start. Losing the race is way easier.

Keep it calm the first few corners, then start gaining position one at a time, this will make for much more fun during racing, instead of frustration.

I was hosting the race, and didnt have any problems with connection, just a few jumps left and right from some people. How did everyone experience it?

Raiderrediar

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
Nothing big yesterday. FPS drop when 2 people left the lobby at the same time, a glitch from one of the Ferrari's and @Reprimanded who was a lagging a bit. I don't know if i'm the only one who has this but every race i see @Reprimanded lag. So could be my own connection, but i don't have it with other people. Are there people who have lag issues with my car?