Sweden
Round 4 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 20

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th September 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
Kunnia, hotlapmode

Last edited:

Ryndal

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 28, 2018
Sweden
im sry but my fiancee cheated on me and i learned about it just yet im mentaly not up for anything i know its quite short term but ye
Understandable!
Really sorry to hear that! :(
Hope you get through this and please keep us informed if you need any other weeks off.

hotlapmode

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Had a last second issue. PC stopped working and crashed. 99% wont be there. But i now know how i can fix the FPS issues i had in the last weeks. And for next week ill be there surely

Reactions: Ryndal

Billamy

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Greece
Once more, @yohann proved that he deserves his victories. I was 0.069s ( :] ) away from him in quali. When I saw rain, I was stoked. I had practiced for it and I was ultra confident, especially after I saw that yohann was a bit shakey off the line. Unfortunately for me, the safety car came out after turn 3 and it went in right as the conditions changed. Unfortunately for me AGAIN, @doyle 's pitstop apparently was a bit faster and as he came out of his box into the fast lane and ghosted into my car, the game put him in front of me. He seemed to have difficulties dealing with the changing conditions so I also was behind him until I got the chance to overtake. When that happened, @Zygfryd had come out of the pits, right behind yohann, so I had to deal with him too. I gave my 110% the whole race, scenario 7, trying to do quali lap after quali lap, but it wasn't enough. Yohann bested me once more. I also wanna say that I was unlucky with the whole pit situation because I lost a lot of time there but still. I guess I can only hope for rain or a safety car for even a chance to overtake that black Mercedes.
See you all next Sunday!

(P.S. @BoxAFrog my rain dance worked but it needs polishing)

BoxAFrog

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 4, 2018
United Kingdom - Gateshead
pretty happy with p5 in quali, and then all I could think about it how that amazing rain dance worked! @Billamy The race wasn't too bad, I opted for the 2 stopper, but that seemed to been a mistake. then along the way I had some great battles! Especially with @Kjofex, who took the battle as far as he could! It also fell with a few mistakes from myself, never the less got myself back up to p8 despite not having the overall pace I was hoping for... Lets see what the land of the Dutch brings!!

Huge congrats to @yohann, feel free to miss a few races!

Polars Bear

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 27, 2020
Switzerland
An interesting race for me. At the start I was cautious and lost one position, but avoided the crash. Tbh I thought the rain would stay longer, so I was surprised that Jeff suggested to change right after the SC. I did one more lap on the inters so I could swap to the hard tyres. In the end I stopped again for new softs, but it was a mistake. I feared that my hard tyres would not make it to the end and I would fall too far back. My pace was not very good but with the 1 stop strategy I could have saved some more points. Overall I think it was a decent race with some good battles with @BoxAFrog @Kjofex @iBlue (y)

• Agree
Reactions: BoxAFrog and Kjofex