XB1 - Round 4 - Nürburgring GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 4 - Nürburgring GP

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
Annoyed.

Considering it's a 100 lap endurance race, I assumed people wouldn't be erratic/gung-ho on the first couple of laps....Wrong...Part of two separate accidents I couldn't avoid in the first few laps. Forced to crawl around at snails pace after the car was destroyed, going 2 and a half laps down on the field. Called it quits after that considering it was obvious I'd be nothing more than a hindrance as a lapped car at that point, first time I've left a league race early by intention. Call it a rage if you must, but I'm quite bothered by the circumstances in which I was forced out of any race contention..

Last edited:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Annoyed.

Considering it's a 100 lap endurance race, I assumed people wouldn't be erratic/gung-ho on the first couple of laps....Wrong...Part of two separate accidents I couldn't avoid in the first few laps. Forced to crawl around at snails pace after the car was destroyed, going 2 and a half laps down on the field. Called it quits after that considering it was obvious I'd be nothing more than a hindrance as a lapped car at that point, first time I've left a league race early by intention. Call it a rage if you must, but I'm quite bothered by the circumstances in which I was forced out of any race contention..
We have a stewards panel if required (y)

• Agree
Reactions: The Genius

SAkidd

Formula Karter
Jan 13, 2014
Wasn't expecting that! Quali was very good and very close between myself and Axeman.

I was very cautious at the formation lap and the start and I had to avoid a spinning car. Next lap, I hit the pit entrance and had to pit for damage. From then on, I just had to drive as aggressively as I could without mistakes. Kept on plugging away at Axeman's lead (slowly but surely - our pace was the same) and I finally got an opportunity to pass him a couple of laps from the end.

All-in-all, I enjoyed that. :)

TRL Axeman

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 6, 2014
bittersweet for me. Had the pace and was pushing 100% all race thanks to @SAkidd pushing me to the limit(similar pace). but i made about 6 or 7 mistakes and this cost me about 20-30 seconds and @AOR Benjamin blocked me when being lapped 3 times!!!!. Gutted on lap 97 when i locked the rear into turn 1 and got a cut truck(was so angry for a few corners)and sakid manged to get the lead. But i loved that car and track to drive . I'd rather push 100% and crash than trundle the race to the finish at 90% which is why i'm not to dissapointed to lose the race. ps @The Genius can we please get the correct number of laps sorted for next race we were meant to do 2.4 hours not near 3hours.
[DOUBLEPOST=1472060492][/DOUBLEPOST]
Annoyed.

gotta say that attitude is terrible. If it's possible to get to the pitstop you should carry on at least to get some fun driving and finnishing an endurence race. I lost 3-4 minutes in silverstone but i still carried on

Last edited:

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
bittersweet for me. Had the pace and was pushing 100% all race thanks to @SAkidd pushing me to the limit(similar pace). but i made about 6 or 7 mistakes and this cost me about 20-30 seconds and @AOR Benjamin blocked me when being lapped 3 times!!!!. Gutted on lap 97 when i locked the rear into turn 1 and got a cut truck(was so angry for a few corners)and sakid manged to get the lead. But i loved that car and track to drive . I'd rather push 100% and crash than trundle the race to the finish at 90% which is why i'm not to dissapointed to lose the race. ps @The Genius can we please get the correct number of laps sorted for next race we were meant to do 2.4 hours not near 3hours.
[DOUBLEPOST=1472060492][/DOUBLEPOST]

gotta say that attitude is terrible. If it's possible to get to the pitstop you should carry on at least to get some fun driving and finnishing an endurence race. I lost 3-4 minutes in silverstone but i still carried on
Were you two and a half laps behind the ENTIRE field when you lost that time, and was it with 90+ laps still left? If not then I don't see how you can criticise me and comment on my attitude.

TRL Axeman

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 6, 2014
Were you two and a half laps behind the ENTIRE field when you lost that time, and was it with 90+ laps still left? If not then I don't see how you can criticise me and comment on my attitude.
I get my enjoyment purley from driving on the limit for 2.4 hours doesnt matter what position i'm in or how laps down i am, that way you always feel happy and a battle or a win is just a bonus. thats my mentality. If you are on your own then why not battle with the track. i'd rather have 98 laps to catch up than lose with 2 laps to go. but i've i've always been ultra dedicated in league races so mabey it's just me