Jan 14, 2014
Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @TheVerenzak
- @Flips
- @Wenkaz
- @ApplePhysics

Last edited:

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
such a big break already! its like the summer break's come early in our league! :D

• Funny
Reactions: Ronnin1978

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Race day!

Unfortunately not for me though. I moved into a new apartment this week and so my PC isn't set up yet. Also not sure yet about my internet connection, so will have to see that in the coming week.

Could someone make screenshots / record the results from both the qualy and the race? Thanks! :)

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
I sadly won't be able to race today..

Good luck to everybody and drive clean!

aeN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 23, 2016
Not sure I'll be able to make it in time, I'll try to let you know as soon as I can :(

Wenkaz

Junior Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Can’t race today, I’m really sick (been vomiting all day, so even missed my floorball game..), but good luck to everyone else!

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
I'm really sorry but I have been called in last minute to stand in for another trumpet player in a concert. With the big gap and having not done Bahrain this feels like a big gap but I will be back next week. As always have a good race!

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Race day!

Unfortunately not for me though. I moved into a new apartment this week and so my PC isn't set up yet. Also not sure yet about my internet connection, so will have to see that in the coming week.

Could someone make screenshots / record the results from both the qualy and the race? Thanks! :)
No problem mate il take the screenshots for you

Reactions: TheVerenzak

aeN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 23, 2016
**** that, my game kept crashing. After I rejoined the 2nd time it glitched and put me in 1st place, luckily 2 minutes later it crashed again so I just gave up.

This game is such a mess it is draining every bit of motivation to keep racing...

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
qualified p1 surprisingly, I did not practice for this race at all so I was like wtf. Really pissed off with the result p3. i had 18 seconds of retarded penalty's really not happy about this finish. Russia is a fun track but the strictness of the CC's are autistic. Getting 18 seconds of penalty's makes me not want to race anymore. I crossed the line first. Mark my words ill be back on pace and form for Spain so there wont be any of this bitching. Overall im pissed with myself and there is no one else to blame. I have a video of my race but its **** anyways so GG. gratz to whatever guy didn't get penalty's, thumbs up or something. Don't kno if my teammate finished but at least he showed up this time.

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Sooo, Russia is finally over. Absolutely horrific track I thought after my time trail practice sessions.

Went out for Qualifying, set a solid lap, which put me in second. Tried again later, and was 1,5 tenths up. It would have put me on pole position. But I fucked up real bad, and lost the rear at one of the (way too many) 90° corners. Can't complain about second place though.

The race start was really bad for me, luckily I didn't lose any positions. The race that followed was boring to be honest... Was losing time to @Lamp over the first stint, until he spun on one of the last corners just before the pitstop. When I came in a lap later, I still got out behind him sadly. Again I lost time on him over the majority of the stint, until I came really close in the last three laps. Lacking fuel I didn't get the overtake done. While I was chasing @Lamp, @[email protected] came closer and closer. (Un?)Surprisingly @[email protected] won the race, because I was pretty busy collecting loads of penalties in the race, as was @Lamp, who managed to get even more penalties than me. I was lucky to keep my second place as first and third were switching places in the standings. I'm pretty happy about the result, could have gotten first if I just raced a little cleaner, but that's how it is.

My POV

See you at the next race!

Last edited:

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Probebly one of the most fun races ive had in F1 2017 so far!

Q- No Time Set
R - 4th

Q: I had an absolute nightmare in qualifying, i was running lowest ammount of fuel allowed to set my time, first lap out i clipped turn 10 and cut it, so pitted straight away, came back out made my way round and accident slightly cut the final corner so now the lap i hadnt even started was D/Q'd so i made my way round on Lean mix with 3 mins to go in the session, started my new lap and was very very quickly running out of fuel as expected really. so in the end didnt even set a time! fortunately there was only 15 players in this race so i started 15th

R: I was expecting nothing from this race given i was starting from the back of the grid so went in with a go all out see what happens attitude and im a fairly good starter in the race so knew i would made up a few position before turn 1, but by turn 4 i found myself in p7 behind @Cheeese due to a strong start and an incident ahead of me which i narrowly escaped! (no seriously ive never sh*t myself so much, I was hurtling towards a sideways car, see POV below) i had a good battle for the first 4 laps, following and tussling with @Cheeese and managed to get passed on lap 4, the next car ahead was 3 seconds being @[email protected] which i chased down and managed to overtake 2 laps later on the back straight, so starting lap 7 i was in 5th place and decided to push on for the rest of the Ultra's stint and build a gap to @[email protected] behind me so he couldnt apply the undercut which he did attempt on lap 10, which also one of the cars ahead (cant remember who it was) had spun out and damaged his car just in front of me so pitted and handed me 4th, I pitted on my scheduled lap 11 for the SS and off i went to the end of the race, What happened next confused the hell out of me, @[email protected] was setting fastest laps, lap after lap being somthing like 8 tenths faster than me, i was also not being as fast as i know i could but took a few laps to settle into the SS tyres but 5 laps later he passed me. there was nothing i could do to match the pace you were just too quick in this stint! so i tried to keep up but eventually he pulled a decent gap, some point midway through the second stint @aeN was having techinical issue's and so i passed his AI finding myself in 4th again and this is where i crossed the line, Congrats to @[email protected] for not giving up and winning the race thanks to the vast ammount of penalties amassed by the guys up ahead in 1st and 2nd.

POV:

Last edited:

[email protected]

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 19, 2016
Q - 3
The qualification was good. I think I had the pace to get the 2nd place but I'm ok with the 3rd place.

R - 1 (?)
After a bad start (I need to train that part a lot, but I'm so stressed at the start...), I was 5th. In the turn 3, I touch @schumizeu I think in the back. And my front wing was orange. I was wondering if I needed to go to the pit and go for the soft, then I see I lose only 1s from the fornt runner. I decided to stay out, but I will probably pit earlier than the lap 11. I started to accomodate to the front wing damage (orange at the left), but I think I cannot manage a better pace. So Jipper, pass me easy like I have a GP2 engine :) . I try to stay close to him, but I was already at the max pace I could have. After that, on lap 10 I pitted, repaired the front wing and the race started. I was at the best speed I can have without any track limits, and I run 3 purple lap in a row. @Jipper pitted and I came back on him, I passed him at the same corner as he passed me. After that, my goal was to catch the two front runner to eventually win a position if there get penalty. That was the case, and the result is 1st.
This is a great race for me, but this is not the race I like. If @Jipper wassn't there, I passed nobody on track... And I know that consistency is not the point I need to work, I prefer to have good figth.
And how do you get 18s of penalty @Lamp ? Because I think if you get 15s penalty (15 track extends), you are black flag.
The McLaren winning strick can continue, and we will show you that barhain was just a lucky race for you ;-)

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 14th
R- DNF

Was on a good lap in qualifying but made a mistake and I didn't have enough time to do another lap. Got a slow start and was taking it easy but I tagged another car and got a bit of damage. I decided to pit and try and run the soft tyres until the end. This was going well until lap 12 when I made a mistake and crashed out of the race. Been struggling with Russia for the last few weeks so i'm not too disappointed. Hopefully Spain will be better for me next week. My POV is below:

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q - 4th
R - 7th
Had best qually showing of the year so far with 4th, probably could have gotten higher but right at pit entrance I noticed I was about 3/10ths up on previous lap so I carried on which yes did set a good time but then I ran out of fuel and couldn't make it back to the pits in time to do another run because I was staying out of peoples way on their hot laps.

Also got the best start of the year so far, it was a Kimi style launch it just took off, got into 3rd almost right away and was in battle for second but going into turn 2 I noticed @TwoFiftySix moving to his left and rather than take us both out I took to the run off area and even entered back on the track where you are supposed to, after the orange sausages. This cost me two positions though.
Then came my nemesis turn 15, for some reason the US just didn't want to get around this corner, I did notice looking back on the video wing might have gotten changed from what it should be. Whatever, that lost me a few more positions.
Kept on soldiering on though, at one point let my team mate @VARD past as he was on ultras and I thought he was going to have to make another stop, which he didn't but he also wasn't pulling away. Got the place from him with penalties but had I known he had that many I would have had team boss ask him to let me by. (Don't you just love it when people say that in their videos as if there really are team orders sent out by some AI guy at the pit wall)

Anyway I will take a 7th and until next time enjoy.
Video starts at race but qualy is there too.

Reactions: Jipper