PS4 - Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [05/11/2017 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [05/11/2017 8:00PM]

• All leagues are cancelled until Xmas Day - check out the Announcements section for more details.

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
So I done a bit of practice on Monday and managed to get a low 34, there’s definately still a lot of pace on the table, I just need to find it which is the hard part.

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
I haven't touched F1 since the Bahrain race. Lel. So many new games are coming out as well. It's hard to peel myself away from them
Struggled to get myself off 2k to be honest, Renault need points tho:facepalm:

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
I wonder why that would be :sneaky:;) If @SolidNinjaSnake @JohnnyR95 and yourself could not score points this weekend that would be great. ;)

Hopefully I will be able to get back in time to race with you this weekend.
Just to confirm for you all, I will now be able to attend the race this weekend. I will have no practice can't promise much. But I look forward to it.

• Informative
Reactions: DON SILVA

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Managed to tinker about with setups and did a 1:33.6 earlier, feeling more confident, just track limits round here are easy to get penalties for

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Can't wait to get this race over and done with. This track is awful.

• Agree
Reactions: Bad-Boy-1-9-9-1

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Bit of a baptism of fire there for me. My goal was to get to the end of the race and I barely got halfway :(

Lost my front wing, came into change it, they didn’t change it, had to come in again. Then crashed later on in the race cuz I lost focus.

Had a few battles and I think I was fair in them all. If anyone thought I wasn’t, please let me know so I can learn for the future.

tl;dr what a f*cking disaster! (Still had fun though ;) )

Reactions: JohnnyR95

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Bit of a baptism of fire there for me. My goal was to get to the end of the race and I barely got halfway :(

Lost my front wing, came into change it, they didn’t change it, had to come in again. Then crashed later on in the race cuz I lost focus.

Had a few battles and I think I was fair in them all. If anyone thought I wasn’t, please let me know so I can learn for the future.

tl;dr what a f*cking disaster! (Still had fun though ;) )
Welcome to the world of AOR League racing - My first race I died like a million times in qualifying and race? I was about three seconds off and killed myself less than halfway. You'll improve over time once you get used to everything :)

Reactions: TheTubbyNinja

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Q: 1st
R: 3rd

Qualifying pace felt unbelievable, first lap was a 1:33.9 (invalidated). Then put a 1:33.8 in. Was almost 4 tenths up on it on my third lap before I ran wide out of Turn 7 and invalidated that one as well, so a chance at a 1:33.4 was gone! Still took Pole by 2 tenths, so I'll take that.

Race:

Got a decent launch and held my lead out of Turn 1, despite @SolidNinjaSnake trying to poke his McLaren round my outside, maintained my lead all stint, with my pace still feeling good. Picked up a corner cutting penalty on Lap 8 then got a stop-go for pit-lane speeding after doing what I believe was 38mph on entry (ffs :(). Managed to undercut and pull out more time on Solid and @MattDavies2511.

My pace on the Supers didn't feel as good and Solid began to pull me in, he finally got close enough to make a move and made it stick after we were side by side all the way through the first sector (in my own words "fair enough, well played!)

Began to lose time to Matty as well before more corner cutting penalties came to me, Matt lunged it up my inside into Turn 2 on the last lap and took the position. But my pace had dropped off so I was unable to defend like I tried to against Solid.

Finished 3rd after penalties, which is where I finished on track anyway so I can't really complain. GG to @SolidNinjaSnake and @Roadhouse on joining me on the Podium.

Taken 2nd back in the drivers, feel I'd be closer if not for China. And atm have lost the lead in the Constructors to McLaren (unlucky @kovisjimi, not sure what happened to you)

Editing my highlights now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Speaking of races..... here's my Russian shitshow.

Qualifying: P14

Had my engine mode turned down to standard for first run, which was the only one I got on the timing board. Super annoyed my lap was removed at turn 4 for running a little wide, otherwise I was looking at P5 on the grid. Meh.

Race: P9 (Lucky AF)

Lap 4: My race was effectively killed as far as having a competitive fight for the higher end of the points was concerned, silly mistake at turn 4 (again) sent me into the wall and killed my front wing, meaning a change to soft tyres and a new FW to help salvage my race. Suffice to say, it didn't work. I was too slow on the softs as everyone else were on the faster tyres, so I was nowhere near facing anyone for position.

Lucky then that a few peeps either retired through incident or got DSQ's, and these gifted me P9 but have to say I was fortunate that way. First points on the board for Mercedes, three finishes from four (compared to three from 15 last season), two points and got fastest lap! Decent return.