XB1 - Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [5/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [5/11/17 8:00pm]

TheGiant19

F1 Test Driver
Apr 19, 2017
Well that was something. Initial quali I wouldn't even call bottling, I was just poor, could have gone much faster and got P10. Then the start... I was one of those caught up in the lag, my car did a little jump and made me go sideways, and was far last before it got called back.
Somehow it didn't get better, DSQ'ed my quali in one shot so started last. Then I was around the back for the opening few laps before I lost it into T7 or something, not sure what number it is, and lost half my front wing and had to pit. Things then went alright for a bit before around lap 16/17 coming out of T1 I touched the kerb and the car decided to take control so I crashed again, miraculously not out but I had lost my whole front wing, still somehow faster than @TchoukMaster22 on the straight though ;)
Had to pit though and it wasn't long before I had to pit again cos of the rain and it went from bad to worse really. Somehow saved it coming into the braking zone of the back straight after touching the white line, but it put me behind @TRL Metcalf so I was further behind, and as I was catching him back up coming onto the back straight he lagged into my car, was a pretty effective jump scare and I got more wing damage making me have to pit again.
My race was a mess in general, still amazed I finished but could have done with points before Spain and Monaco, two tracks I hate. Also my record of finishing 5th on track has ended BUT I think I'm 5th in the championship now so the 5th streak continues (kind of)

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Jesus Christ that was very sweaty.

Before the restart I was in a great position. Just wondering why there was a restart @BosslyGaming? (Not moaning :) lol)

So screwed up One Shot Qualifying, shock, and started P15.

I was going to be quite aggressive in the race because I really need to get some decent points. Went from P15 to like P11 after turn 3 them was like P10 or something I can't remember. Then there was a 3 wide moment down the 2nd DRS straight, I backed out because I didnt want to lose my front wing. @nemura them crashed with someone, I got distracted and crashed into the wall au revouir my front wing. Pit for softs and was picking up the pieces and soon enough I was P6.

Then the rain started to fall, @BosslyGaming bottled it (Don't hurt me) P5. Had really good pace and overtook @Saabo 3rd to last corner but had time penalties so finished P5 after starting P15.

Decent day for me. If anyone calls this Faff, you will not get through Turn 1 at Spain. ;)
Just be careful if your overtakes because you cut the **** out of turn 5 to gain 2 positions, easily could've been penalised

Reactions: AOR Charlie

AOR Charlie

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 29, 2017
Just be careful if your overtakes because you cut the **** out of turn 5 to gain 2 positions, easily could've been penalised
Okay, will do next time. I was a bit hot under the collar because of my starting position.
[DOUBLEPOST=1509953866][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay, will do next time. I was a bit hot under the collar because of my starting position.

nemura

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016
Q - P11. I can't call it Q but anyway P11 was what it was.
R - P6. Great start, after T1 went to P8 and was waiting for right time to overtake. In lap 3 i got a very good exit and had a chance to make double overtake to @Pickles36 and @Saabo but there was an incident... After a pitstop I got behind @AOR Charlie and till the rain I tried to catch him but our pace was very similar. The gap differences from 2 to 3 seconds and I was increasing gap from @Pickles36 behind. When the rain came my pace fall down. @AOR Charlie went away very quickly and @Pickles36 at the end of the race was only few seconds away. Anyway didn't expect soft tyres to work that well :)
So because of the crash P6 was a very good result.

@Im_an_eagle good job for podium :) good points for the team

Reactions: Im_an_eagle

ihaycheese

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 18, 2014
Really disappointed with the whole thing. Put in on pole only for the race to get a restart. Then in the actual race suffered from a horrible lag issue which I used to get back on F1 2013, this issue has only happened since the latest update which had some connection updates so I dunno might be partly to blame probably my connection though. I really felt I could've got a podium so it was just even more of a p*sstake. Here's what was happening to me throughout the race for you all to see.....

Attachments

ihaycheese

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 18, 2014
Can I also ask why the custom grid feature wasn't used for the restart? Pretty sure codemasters put it in the game for this specific problem, yet we still used one shot quali to make the grid. It didn't affect me too much anyway, but seems a bit silly that we had to do one shot quali..?

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Can I also ask why the custom grid feature wasn't used for the restart? Pretty sure codemasters put it in the game for this specific problem, yet we still used one shot quali to make the grid. It didn't affect me too much anyway, but seems a bit silly that we had to do one shot quali..?
I plainly forgot that it existed, also most restarts have been done with one-shot and I wasn't quite sure how we should restart it so I stuck with one-shot

TheGiant19

F1 Test Driver
Apr 19, 2017
Obviously because @BosslyGaming is a faff

Reactions: AOR Charlie

BosslyGaming

Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Alright, it's fine I was gonna lag anyway but would be pretty good to use for the next race.
Well tbf I have been told that one shot was the right way so if it happens again we will likely go with one shot, unless I am told otherwise

nemura

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016
That one shot Q was a joke. In S12 and S13 if there was a problems we made the short Q again. Yes it takes some time but it's fair. Anyway if there is a possibility for custom grid we should have used it.

BosslyGaming

Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
That one shot Q was a joke. In S12 and S13 if there was a problems we made the short Q again. Yes it takes some time but it's fair. Anyway if there is a possibility for custom grid we should have used it.
No way were we doing short quali 30 mins after the original start time