Dec 10, 2017
Round 4 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Oceania F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 28th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (Melbourne time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
● Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

InfiniteMarch96

Formula Karter
Sep 7, 2017
Singapore GP
Qualifying : 8th
I'm fairly slow, but street circuits make it worse, just cannot find confidence to attack each corner
Race : 8th
An okay start, just want to protect my front wing at lap 1, brake a bit early for each corner, so sorry if anyone behind me get caught. Throughout the race, i broke my front wing twice plus pit for intermediate make it a 3 stop. At that point already a lap down, so i just want to finish the race. With unfortunate event of others, i end up finishing 8th, well I'll gladly take 4 point.

Congrats @VTi-DOHC for the win, and @Dubzzy__ @Matty5g for the podium

Reactions: VTi-DOHC

LoafMeat1

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 9, 2018
Well well well, what can I say

Qualifying : DNS [13th]
Wasn't in time.

Race : 7th
An awful race by me. Six pitstops, a lap down. Had no setup and no qualifying. Went from 13th to 8th in Lap 1, but got wing damage. Pitcrew didn't change it in 2 pitstops, which is stupid but I was within a couple tenths of the front so it's definitely what could've been.

VTi-DOHC

1-time AOR PS3 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualifying : 3rd
A solid lap of 37.8 was enough to put me near the front. At best probably could have got a 37.6 but that was not to be.

Race : 1st
Eventful grand prix! Singapore always throws something up random. Tucked in behind @Maznat87 at the start, we had a good battle in the opening laps, good fair racing from him.
I was able to close the gap a little to @Dubzzy__, I wasn't aware of the rain until after the first pitstop! I thought I had made an error putting on the softs, on my outlap I tagged @bananajosh1 at the swing bridge when I was lapping him, I thought he was moving over for me but there was a misunderstanding. I damaged my front wing and the understeer was hideous. It allowed @iContrast to close up and he put me under some serious pressure for the next 10 laps or so. Another fun battle. I was fortunate that the timing of the rain forced Dubzzy to pit for the intermediates, and after the guys behind me tangled it took the pressure off me.

I probably should have fixed the wing with hindsight, I came in probably 2 laps too early for the intermediates. Just focused on bringing the car home, when unbelievably, coming out of the penultimate corner on my final lap, my Ps4 froze...I stared at the screen in horror, akin to many last lap failures. I think it might have been to to with the way my recording settings were set, as I could not find the clip after this screen freeze. Luckily, the ai car did enough to bring the car round the last the corner, and just about kept my nose ahead of Dubzzy for the win.

It was a race with ups and downs, when my nose was clean my race pace was encouraging and it wasnt a dramatic drop off with the broken wing. Comisserations to Dubzzy, he had an unfortunate race and was probably the quickest guy there today, nonetheless, collecting the points matters for your championship crusade. Well done to @mljh9999 for making it to the podium, and a mention to @InfiniteMarch96 for bringing the car home after his unfortunate connection issues of the first few races.

You don't have to be the out and out fastest to do well, consistency is important at street circuits, throw in a dash of rain and with a bit of luck anything can happen.

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Friends from across the globe, was PSN fine for you guys when you raced?