PC - Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/5/2017 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/5/2017 08:00PM]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th May 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Bitch of a track to get a good lap in on. Hope I get set up better than last season.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I hate this track. And I'm not even home to practice for it yet. Only Saturday and Sunday to train for it, that's going to be a harsh one :D

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
May that track dies in hell anwyays. Even without rain, I always have trouble getting traction and not sliding like on a ice rink

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
and I need to step up my game. You are leaving me in the dust @Jay
Bit better in the wet now, at least on Inters. Hitting a qualifying time wall no matter what the tyres. Got to iron out the mistakes and hope to have an incident free race!

I reckon pole will be around 1:22.0 and qualifying will be very tight.

Mr. Biggles

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 25, 2017
Qualifying: P14 - I Messed up!!
I wanted to start on the mediums and do a 1 stop so i went out and set a banker on the softs and was on for a low 1:33:xxx so slowed b4 the line so i could beat it with my mediums.
Went out on mediums and failed the 2 runs on them both so i started down in p14.
Race: DNF - Medium(lap 1)/Medium(lap 11)/Hard(crash on lap 14)
Start - I got a great start on and went up 2 places in the space of 30M then when @Diaz swiped @KaneJr00 infront and then @Ronnin1978 went into the back of him and went left across the track into me pushing me into the wall. Lost my front wing and loads of time. aAfter crawling back to the pits to get a new wing put on another set of mediums cause i wanted to at least try the "1 stop" to get some points.
lap 11 - was close to KaneJR and @Jay was going slow ahead. After turn 4 kane went around jay who was slow out of 5 and so i went on the inside of him up 6 and even thought i (thought i) left him room we hit and i went straight on into the gravel loosing my wing again. Went in to pit for the hards to try go to the end.
Lap 14 - I lost the back end on turn 11 over the bump on the inside and went sideways off the track, over the gravel, and hit the tires wall with my left front ending my race.

Overall i think this is my worst race i have done, especially with an amazing last race.
Caught up in lap 1 incident!
Sorry to @Jay for lap 11, i really thought there was space.
Congrats to the podium finishers 1st: @Caffa 2nd: @Partyfuchs 3rd: @Diaz

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
Wow finally i brought my car home.
My Qualy was supposed be slow to avoid any collisions in Lap 1 which happened alot even on the straight right in front of me.
P2 after a quite lonely but very challenging race because of the 1 stop.
Perfectly tyre management brought me there.
I even let the backmarker on P17 @Jay pass me to avoid any collision and keep on driving my yellow car home.
Will get a 5 sec penalty removal after all which i got from "blue flags" after my stop.

Hope you all enjoyed this race as much as i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.