PC - Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/5/2017 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/5/2017 08:00PM]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Wow finally i brought my car home.
My Qualy was supposed be slow to avoid any collisions in Lap 1 which happened alot even on the straight right in front of me.
P2 after a quite lonely but very challenging race because of the 1 stop.
Perfectly tyre management brought me there.
I even let the backmarker on P17 @Jay pass me to avoid any collision and keep on driving my yellow car home.
Will get a 5 sec penalty removal after all which i got from "blue flags" after my stop.

Hope you all enjoyed this race as much as i did.
Yeah thanks for that mate, I was faster on softs than your older tyres. Was still trying to find a race and enjoyed it despite the low finishing position.

Reactions: Partyfuchs

Kane Jr

S18 AOR PC America F2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
I got taken out at the start of the race and then someone parked it at pit entry to damage my front wing once again ultimately ending my race.

• Friendly
Reactions: Steve Jackson

ChriStoffel

Pro Karter
Feb 22, 2017
Quali - P19
Disaster of a quali session, plan was to go out early to get a feel for things then have a late effort for my proper time, but got wide on the exit of turn 5 on my second sighter and lost it, end of quali.

Race - P14 (S(6),M(17),H)
Terrible start, revs were too high and i got major wheelspin as I tried to put the power down, which kept me out of the main part of the start line melee, but slightly strangely I hit ronnin when he was clearly ghosted, which lost half of my front wing and a shedload of front grip. Tried to stick to my original strategy but bailed on lap 6 for a set of mediums. Much better with my whole front wing, apart from a spin at the last part of the chicane on lap 14. Went on to hards from lap 17, hoping that Jay and ronnin ahead would pit, which they did. They were both catching me, and I didn't fight them too hard (not much point over 15th/16th), as my engineer was telling me that they had time penalties. Red dropped it on the last lap, not sure what happened there, and I managed to stay close enough to the others to be awarded P14. Better than Bahrain or China, but I'm not too hopeful of further improvement at Monaco...

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Man, that was a disaster, decent start, up to 4th, staying with @MAGNUSSEN ahead but having to fend off @Smu3l3y behind, who eventually overtook me. Nothing too eventful, ran extra wide at T1 to make sure I didn't get anywhere near touching MAG again. ;)

Went rather downhill from there, came out of the pits on mediums, into some traffic, memory's a bit hazy on this part, was making some progress but not as much as I would have liked, ended up right behind MAG once again though. Around lap 10 or so, we come up to @azazelon who makes a little mistake going up the hill out of the esses, and MAG gets through. I attempt to follow, but this combined with azazelon trying to regain control means that our wheels touch and I go into a spin. No damage at this point though.

Lose about 4 places, stay with them and start to make one or two up, but others on newer tyres coming up behind as well. Struggling to get a good enough exit to overtake on the straights but getting really held up in the slower sections. Eventually, I catch back up to Azazelon again, with the rest of the group, and this time I get caught out by the slower apex speed, and tap the back of him, not too hard, but I manage to pick up a red front left endplate for it. This happens on around lap 12-13 and so I can't pull off a two stop anymore, have to go into the pits for repairs. But before I can even do so, me and smu3l3y's cars seem to magnetise towards each other and we both go spinning off, only a couple of corners later. After recovering from this I make it back to the pits.

I went back onto softs, put some decent but not amazing laptimes in, passing cars here and there, but they go off quickly and I'm back into the pits on lap 19 for mediums, very touch and go as to whether they would last but I decided to go for it, and pass some people I wasn't expecting to through the pit-stops. MAG, who was one of them, is on softs and after a couple of laps goes flying past me, and lo and behold by the end of the race I'm back on the gearbox of azazelon once more. With only a couple of laps left, and by the end of the race over 80% wear on my front left, I can't get the move done, but the fact that I had 9 seconds of penalties meant it didn't matter anyway.

End of the race I was 12th, penalties added, but 11th if you take Kevvie out of the equation.

tl;dr Very sloppy race on my part, and couldn't find my way past other cars well enough throughout. No points is a real annoyance.

Cheeese

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 30, 2017
Man, that was a disaster, decent start, up to 4th, staying with @MAGNUSSEN ahead but having to fend off @Smu3l3y behind, who eventually overtook me. Nothing too eventful, ran extra wide at T1 to make sure I didn't get anywhere near touching MAG again. ;)

Went rather downhill from there, came out of the pits on mediums, into some traffic, memory's a bit hazy on this part, was making some progress but not as much as I would have liked, ended up right behind MAG once again though. Around lap 10 or so, we come up to @azazelon who makes a little mistake going up the hill out of the esses, and MAG gets through. I attempt to follow, but this combined with azazelon trying to regain control means that our wheels touch and I go into a spin. No damage at this point though.

Lose about 4 places, stay with them and start to make one or two up, but others on newer tyres coming up behind as well. Struggling to get a good enough exit to overtake on the straights but getting really held up in the slower sections. Eventually, I catch back up to Azazelon again, with the rest of the group, and this time I get caught out by the slower apex speed, and tap the back of him, not too hard, but I manage to pick up a red front left endplate for it. This happens on around lap 12-13 and so I can't pull off a two stop anymore, have to go into the pits for repairs. But before I can even do so, me and smu3l3y's cars seem to magnetise towards each other and we both go spinning off, only a couple of corners later. After recovering from this I make it back to the pits.

I went back onto softs, put some decent but not amazing laptimes in, passing cars here and there, but they go off quickly and I'm back into the pits on lap 19 for mediums, very touch and go as to whether they would last but I decided to go for it, and pass some people I wasn't expecting to through the pit-stops. MAG, who was one of them, is on softs and after a couple of laps goes flying past me, and lo and behold by the end of the race I'm back on the gearbox of azazelon once more. With only a couple of laps left, and by the end of the race over 80% wear on my front left, I can't get the move done, but the fact that I had 9 seconds of penalties meant it didn't matter anyway.

End of the race I was 12th, penalties added, but 11th if you take Kevvie out of the equation.

tl;dr Very sloppy race on my part, and couldn't find my way past other cars well enough throughout. No points is a real annoyance.
where did i finish just out of curiosity?

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quali - P12
Did one run on the softs and managed a 1:23.3, was supposed to be a sighter lap for the medium and was aiming at 1:23.5, so surprised to break my quali wall. Initially P8 I went out on the Medium with 3 minutes left to try to improve if I didn't slip to P11 for free tyre choice. Aborted when I dropped to P11 but eventually sank to P12, so almost perfect. @Mr. Biggles messed up and ended up behind me which I was happy about as he's had startline skirmishes in socials this week. Not at fault, but involved, so you catch my drift....

Race - P14 H,M,S (11/24)
Terrible startline incident, @Diaz clipped my teamie @KaneJr00 and mayhem ensued in the midfield. Dropped from P13 to P20 and last; I assessed the (red left front) wing damage and decided to drive on towards my planned one stop on L20. Such a long way back and without the train and DRS opportunities I was struggling to make 28s. T3 was really hard and tyre wear became a factor. Decided to pit L11, can't remember if this was because of the 2nd incident with @Mr. Biggles or it happened afterwards as my recording is corrupt. Anyway, I knew this was converting me to a two stop so it was a case of either making the medium go to L22 and take the other medium set or stretching to L24/25 and having a blast on the softs.

Opted for the latter, only lapped by @Caffa as @Partyfuchs got by under blues and I was faster. After a lap or two holding me up with not quite enough to pass he graciously moved over and I set about catching @ChriStoffel and @Red17G.

Picked up a couple of silly penalties, one served on stop with the wing change and one that looks like cost me the place back to @ChriStoffel for a tiny cut, but it was a decent race and I felt without the incidents I could have been in the points as I had the pace.

Anyway, @Kevviee07's AI means I get promoted back to 14th which is where I finished on track in the end.

Edit: Yeah the first stop was because of the incident. I ended up in the gravel between T6/7. I would probably have pitted on L18/L19 if I could have but wear would have decided it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVerenzak

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: P6
Was quite happy with qualy. First time ever I did more than 10 laps of practice for a league race I think and it kind of paid off.
Lap wasn't absolutely perfect but it was about 3 tenths faster than my PB.

Race: P6
At the start I wanted to do the S - M - S strategy and just try to be careful of my tyres. At the start I had a good launch, but the cars in front of me didn't go so I had to ease off. Was in P10 going into T1, which was quite a shame.
Had decent pace in the first stint and was able to keep up with the cars in front. Got held up a little bit by @Diaz in front and even gave him a little lovetap in L4, overtook him at the start of L5 and tried to create a little bit of a gap, but Kevviee caught up to me and overtook me a bit later.

Made my first stop in L7 and guess what, the fuckers put hards on me.
So instead of a medium stint, I had to use the hards... Alright than.
Pushed as hard as a I could this stint but still wasn't really able to keep up with everyone on the Med's. Had a bit of a train going on behind me at one point.
L12 going into T10, @schumizeu decided he didn't like the look of my front wing and drove it off.
Messed up in L13 and lost a few seconds and positions, which was a shame.
After driving behind @Partyfuchs from L14 till L21, when he started to pull a gap, I got company from schumizeu again. He apparently still didn't like the look of my car as he now tried to take of the other side of my frontwing from the outside of the same corner.

At this point I was debating whether I should stay out on my hards and finish the race on them, or make a second stop and put on some fresh softs. Made my stop on L24 because my hards were starting to lose me time to everyone around me.
Dropped down to like P11 from P3 at this point. Realised I might have made a mistake by not staying out, because ofcourse my wing had to be changed aswell.
Caught up and overtook @azazelon quite quickly, which was no surprise seeing as he was on old hards vs my new softs.
Now with 6 laps to go, I was in P8 and about 6 seconds behind my teammate on older mediums. Caught up to him with about 2 laps to go and was able to get past him, with a bit of his help, without any problem.
So P6 & P7 for Manor at the end.

Congrats to @Caffa on an absolutely dominant win. Congrats aswell to @Partyfuchs with a stellar drive from P16 to the podium. Congrats to you aswell @Diaz

Edit: Uploaded my POV

Last edited:
Reactions: Partyfuchs

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Hello everyone,
I like this track so that's why i prepared well the setup and the strategy for the race.But...unfortunnately i made a mistake in the quali and i crushed the car in sector 2. Starting from the back of the grid, from 13...i was crushed just after the lights off...flying on the walls and just a miracle escapes me to not retire from L1.....It was very dissapoiting...And i suggest to the stewards to analyze these kind of accidents and take the optimum decision to the drivers who was involved. I think they must starting from the back of the grid in monaco just to avoid the start collisions....
On the other point of view... the race was good but not good enough to recuperate the gap
The championship is still long and i hope to drive better in the next races.
Hope to rain in monaco...:)))

Reactions: TheVerenzak

Putttee

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Qually went not as I expected even on the mediums so started on 15th. In the race I managed to survive the accidents but trust me that I almost **** my pants there. The rest of the race was a tough one with a few battles that I really enjoyed. Hunted down @Partyfuchs and tried to get close enough to pass but I got too sloppy and started doing mistakes so for self preservation I decided to back off and save my tyres. Had a few really close calls with contacts and finally a spinn as the result from @AdamC6 . There were some more smaller fights during the race and in the end I got 5th and that really made my day since I do enjoy this track and the car was just amazing.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve Jackson
Status
Not open for further replies.