Aug 25, 2017
Round 5 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th May 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
AlexP
Luke Trimm

Last edited:

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF 1:26.9 POLE BY 6 TENTHS!!! Probably my greatest ever lap

Race DNF HEARTBRAKING

If it was dry I feel like I would have won this race, but there was rain and I can’t drive in rain! I dropped to 2nd at the start I was beginning to get a rhythm until I dropped it coming onto the 4th lap. Stuck on the racing line and @pete day came round straight into me and that was me out. Sorry if ruined your race mate. Absolutely gutting, i definitely think I could have had a strong race here.

Renner9

Formula Karter
Aug 29, 2018
Q 11
R 2

So turned up with 0 practice and it showed in qualifying as I was nowhere. I know I could have gone quicker but ran wide into turn 3 on my last flying lap and ruined it.

So for the race I was a bit anxious being so far back in the wet and avoided all the carnage in and around me at the start. I’d gone from 11th-6th on the first lap. Had no idea on my pace but by lap 3 I was smiling in my helmet as I knew a podium on the cards as my pace was way quicker than those in front.

I waited patiently and slowly picked a couple of cars infrintbof me off - got into 3rd and then undercut my pitstop to finish second.

Ace result!

Reactions: Limaro_83

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Once agaian my race wreaked with cars parked on track when is am luck goin to change i cud of won this race abd i was a second faster then any1 on track

Reactions: syluntbob

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Once again like in Bahrain Pete at least 50% of this is on you. You have no spatial awareness at all. In both cases you had enough time to react at least a bit and in both cases you went flat out and made no attempts to avoid the crash. You can't just Ricardo Rosset everywhere and accept no blame whatsoever.

For those who are unfamiliar with it here is Ricardo Rosset at 0.44 going flat out into a pile of cars

• Wow
Reactions: pete day

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Oh right I guess I should put my perspective of the race up too.

Q - 9 I fooled around too long with hard and medium tyres so I only got a single run on the softs. A bit of a poor lap time was the results.

R - 8

Now I was very worried because I am pretty awful in the wet generally but I got a good start and I was up to P6 pretty soon. Then I spent the rest of the race holding up guys from behind and occasionally getting past someone in trouble. On lap 7 I discovered that tyre wear was going to be critical and from that moment on I spent little time focusing on racing and most of my energy thinking about the strategy and how to save my tyres as much as I could. Despite this I managed to be a pretty good train driver for about 14 laps. At one point me and @syluntbob went side by side from the end of the lap until the Wellington straight. That was pretty awesome. Eventually he and sirio got past me and I was under pressure from @ramma but with a few laps to go he dropped it a bit at the exit of Copse and I could cruise to the end. Which I needed as my tyres were at near 80%.

Looking forward to Germany. I've never done a league race there before.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Once again like in Bahrain Pete at least 50% of this is on you. You have no spatial awareness at all. In both cases you had enough time to react at least a bit and in both cases you went flat out and made no attempts to avoid the crash. You can't just Ricardo Rosset everywhere and accept no blame whatsoever.

For those who are unfamiliar with it here is Ricardo Rosset at 0.44 going flat out into a pile of cars
I thought that aswell, @ramma pulled to one side when he saw I’d spun but for some reason he just ploughed on into me. But that’s just the way my season is going at the minute.