PS4 - Round 5 - British Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 5 - British Grand Prix

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

HiippariLate

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 3, 2018
Round 5 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th May 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Bcolt93
@JerryM
@tamd23

Last edited:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Absent tomorrow as it is Mother's Day on this side of the pond

tamd23

Pro Karter
Jul 11, 2018
Unfortunately I can't race one again as I have an exam tomorrow. This will be the last race that I miss

PedroPMF

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Race report:
I qualified P3, not far off my PB but I needed to start P2 to challenge lokka right away. Got a good start and jumped Nik for P2. Nevertheless, I couldnt keep up with lokka's pace and I did not even get the drs on lap 3 so basically the race was over. From then on I simply focused on bringing the car home on P2, without any pressure from behind. Congrats to lokka for the win and nik for the podium

It is clear that lokka is the pretty damn fast, but I am still confident I can challenge him for the title. The most important thing I need is to qualify in front of him, thats the only way to stay close, otherwise he's gone (a bit of luck would also help). Will try my best to do so from now on. Onto Germany!

DanGer2k7

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 17, 2018
Very, very dissapointing pace around here. Congrats to all you fast guys.
The lag unfortunatley was immense this time.
Qualified P15, so i chose the medium tyres and tried my best to get back into the points.
Bogged down on start so, i was last after the first few metres.
From there on th first laps i just maintained a gap to the gucs ahead, cause of crazy lag. Cars were jumping around, so i just wanted to not get damage.
Got well through the field, cause of some of you crashing out or doing mistakes. The most difficult was to avoid the spinning cars :D
Was quite happy with the pace in the race and it was looking good for some points, might have got to P5-P7, but the Hippari spun rigt in front of me and rolled back over the track. Had no chance to avoid him and that was race over.

For Germany i will try to get some practise in this week and get a good result again.
See you on Sunday:sneaky:

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P8
Started the session with two laps on the Medium, the second of which I improved by 8 tenths. Then had two runs on the Soft tyre and set my time of a 1:26.639, putting me in P8.

Race - P11
Had an amazing start off the line as I jumped @CPI_Fletcher and @Javier. However I wasn't sure how clear I was of Tito on the inside, so I gave space which accidentally turned into a lot of space as I went deep into T1 and lost the positions back to them both, as well as an extra one when @VSR_Lambo went down the inside of Tito who was already on the inside of me at T3. So I unfortunately ended up getting pushed off track a little. Now down to P9 but thankfully no damage... Until the final chicane where I hardly touched the back of Lambo but ended up damaging my wing... I opted to stay out, which I believe the reason was so that I could guarantee I could get to the end by going on the Hard tyre instead and not having to two stop. So I ended up dropping down to P13 before I finally pitted on Lap 5.

After others finally pitted, I found myself on the back of @Javier and we had a great battle until Lap 13 when I finally got the move done at T15. Then the next thing I know, he was flying past me and crashed out at T3! At the time I honestly thought he had tried to take me out because of how quickly the proximity arrows appeared. So I felt a bit annoyed at the time becasue I had just spent all that time battling to then have him crash out. However, it wasn't until I saw the stream later that night and saw what actually happened. Where they got on the grass and lost control of the car and just avoided me. So I was pretty lucky either way not to get collected!

So I was now on my own with the next car 6 seconds down the road as I tried to catch up. Then on Laps 15 and 16, I had a nice surprise of @HiippariLate and @Tukker98 pitting. The latter I think was actually making their first pitstop of the race. So I was now ahead of them both in P11, however they were now on fresh Soft tyres compared to my worn Hard tyres... I tried to fight them off but was unsuccessful. I knew one if not both had penalties, so I tried to stay in the gap needed. Then Lap 24 @Tukker98 had gone off the track at T2 which allowed me to close to the back of him. We battled for the rest of the race and on the final lap, I went around the outside for T15 and just got the move done at the final chicane after he went a bit too deep. Amazing battle to end the race on! Even if it was only for P12 haha. After penalties were applied, I was able to jump up to 11th and was 2 seconds off grabbing 10th for a point.

Conclusion
Amazing start off the line, quickly followed by another race ruined due to damaging the wing. I remember at this part halfway through the season, I was fed up of getting damage nearly every race. I knew I should have been battling around the mid points positions but it just wasn't happening.

Reactions: Tukker98