PS4 - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [11/11/18 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [11/11/18 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

xMtZx_

Formula Karter
Aug 18, 2018
Good race! Congratulations @DemoN for the victory, you went very fast.

A pity @TheMightyBucket- or disconnection, would have been interesting battle.

I used google translator, do not hit me xd for my english

Reactions: DemoN

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
Didn't have much interested in the race after having a terrible week for so many reasons which then ended up with the passing of my Granddad... Had a terrible qualifying where I messed up each lap. I messed up my final lap straight away at T2 which put me 2 tenths down. I managed to get it back in the final sector but I still didn't improve my time. Finished with a 1:17.693. Would have been last on the grid but @Alex Shield got a grid penalty for whatever reason during the session.

Race
Had a great start and was up into P12 by T3. @Alex Shield passed shortly after and when he passed my teammate @Roadhouse at T10, I sneakily followed past too at T11. From here it was looking like it was going to be a boring race with everyone maintaining their position, but how wrong I was!

It took a while but I finally caught up to @TheogGR1 and made the pass down at T1 to claim P9. Lap 11 I saw people pitting and knew they were doing the two stop, giving me hope that I'd be able to do something on my planned one stop. Once I and everyone else had done at least their first pitstops, I found myself in P10. So it was looking good for at least a points finish.

Fast forward to when those who made their second pitstops, I found myself in P5 and that's where the hard work really started! Although the whole race tbh was tough, as I had @Roadhouse constantly behind me for all of it! Forcing me to keep my concentration haha. @TheMightyBucket- passed my teammate on Lap 28 and I was just hoping I could hold onto P5 for the final last few laps. For some strange reason though, the game told me he was 3 seconds behind, so I thought I had some breathing room until I looked behind and saw him right there! Haha. I defended so hard to try and keep P5 and on Lap 30, he made the attempt to pass at T10 but I held on, side by side through the next few corners. I accidentally tapped him at T12 where I think he lost traction a bit (sorry about that) while I defended for the final chicane as well, but it wasn't enough. He was on my tail through the exit of the final corner and were side by side all the way down the straight until he braked later for T1 and got the move done, pushing me down into P6. Great battling man!

I probably shouldn't have defended so hard because my tyres were completely worn, to the point where I finished the race on 84%! Not only that, but after the battling, I now had a train behind me! I was worried that I'd get a puncture on the final lap and lose all these positions, but thankfully they held on and I was able to hold on and finish in P6! It was a big relief crossing the line haha.

So it ended up being a great race! Coming from starting P15 to finish in P6, a really good race for me. I don't however think I'll be that lucky at Monaco though haha. Also to mention, it'll be the first time I've driven around there with no assists since we didn't have that track for the shorter last season. So we'll see how that one goes haha.

TheMightyBucket-

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2018
Good win @DemoN

Qualifying P2 was happy with that 0.3 of my PB online but with more downforce less ballast for the race setup so it was a good to get p2

The race I knew after a few laps that I didn't have the pace to beat @DemoN on the same strategy so I decided to go aggressive on a 2 stop get a undercut and try and back @DemoN up into @FTR_SergiMtZ so they would battle and I could come on a late charge well that was the plan... I came out behind 3 cars and lost the crucial time that would have got me the undercut then I DSC I think P3 was on the cards without that happening. Nice battle @SolidNinjaSnake. GG to @Mikkel Sørensen on your first podium of the season.