Dec 9, 2016
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Looking at our split so far, it's honestly pretty tight with 4 different winners for the 4 first races. I can't say who will win the WDC in the end, but it will be down to the most consistent points scorer and the one who makes less mistakes

• Agree
Reactions: menk and Head Squid

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
Looking forward to this very challenging track. Looking to score some good points here!

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
One of my more favorable tracks so already started practicing, if it rains again this week codies will be getting a rather rude visit. :p

Cramps

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 30, 2018
One of my more favorable tracks so already started practicing, if it rains again this week codies will be getting a rather rude visit. :p
After some extensive testing, and what felt like building 100 different setups, i gotta say: i do hope for rain. This track keeps on setting the left front tires on fire. Don't know if it's a problem for pad users only, but we are definatley at a disadvantage here. :unsure:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
After some extensive testing, and what felt like building 100 different setups, i gotta say: i do hope for rain. This track keeps on setting the left front tires on fire. Don't know if it's a problem for pad users only, but we are definatley at a disadvantage here. :unsure:
Yeah, my left front suffers so much too, but I remember real life drivers saying they had the same issue when driving around that track. There's extensive load regularly applied on the left front tyre in most corners

Reactions: Cramps

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If it rains tonight I'm blaming you now lol :sneaky:

Reactions: Cramps

Footyad24

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 11, 2015
hi guys i am In manchester because of football game and I’m having a few beers with my friends to get over how bad man United are these days. I’m not gonna make it home in time for the race. Good luck all

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
please dont jinx it :sick:

• Agree
Reactions: Maxxwil

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
If it rains, were legally allowed to kick him from the league right?

• Agree
Reactions: Hinyaldee

tim_haeusli

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2018
First, well done to my teammate @Jayrayan13
Quali was pretty good, could have done better but I was pretty confident for the race starting from P5
I had a good start and I even lead some laps but then I started to struggle with the rear tyre useage, I think I handled it pretty well but one snap of oversteer in T9 and the race was over.
and why do I get penalties for leaving the track and losing 2 seconds?!

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
Again a podium on this track for me. Proud about it.

Sorry to @Nasom to block you in the last corner at the end of the session. I spun moments ago and didn't realize that im so slow to hold you up. Sry man. Not my intention :(

Start went perfect. From the back to Top 6 in few corners.
The first stint with my Softs were quite amazing with these battles. Enjoyed it alot.
After pitting to Mediums i was managing my lap times without any battles. But @Cramps and @Maxxwil were coming very close which made it very stressful every lap
till the end with my 3sec penalty.

At the end im very happy about the result and congratz to the 1st and 2nd!