Dec 16, 2017
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
1541972127206.png

Ou boy, this was lit. IDK if fxruppert wanted to block me so Racemonster45 could overtake me, but that's exactly what happened. Great wingman :clap: :clap:

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
Q/R Report.

Q: Did a 1.17.3 on the S, was an alright time, but Didn't feel quick enough. So I went out on the SS and set a 1.16.3 with a small lockup at turn 10.

R: Was going for the 1 stop, SS > M. Was an hard challenge but I decided to change and pit and to change to a 2 stop. A 2 stop was deffo slower, but I knew that when I went on the SS in Q, so I had a big challenge ahead. Luckily I had some good race pace and managed to get P3 while only being 3 seconds behind P1.

fxruppert

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 24, 2018
View attachment 65613
Ou boy, this was lit. IDK if fxruppert wanted to block me so Racemonster45 could overtake me, but that's exactly what happened. Great wingman :clap: :clap:
@trumpa94 First of all, there's no need to be salty, because it was a battle for position, so I have the right to defend my position, which imo I did pretty fairly.
In addition to that, I had a damaged front wing, so I couldnt really go faster, especially because spain has so many fast corners.
All I want to say is that this manouevre wasnt intentional at all and may just have been the consequence of my frustration about this race. Let's just forget about it and look forward to the next race. See you on track ;)

R4NCE

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 9, 2018
Proof that I had the pace to win this race, would have been p4 on the softs setting me up for a easy race win....

ovi wan kenobi

Formula Karter
Mar 28, 2018
Q/R Report.

Q: Not a good qualifying at all. Wanted to start on S, so my first try on M was just for fun. Then my first run on S got invalidated, had to box and messed up my second try. 1:17.8 was just good enough for P10.

R: Decent start, struggling the first few laps, but with some nice racing/overtaking. After that i had a good race pace and managed the S tyres pretty well. P2 after L8, 5s behind @FlexesMarci . Till the end of the stint i was able to catch up and bring the gap down to less then 1s as he pitted. I visited the box 1 lap later and just came out with FlexesMarci next to me, but lost the fight. On the M i had not such a good pace like on the S. While he was able to overtake @FraGioco9, who was on another strategy and struggling with his old tyres, i was stuck behind him for 1 lap, loosing 2s. In the following i kept the gap at 2s, which was enough for the race win, because FlexesMarci had a time penalty. But i had to look also behind me, because @Westyy was coming. Luckily he was also awarded a time penalty. In the end my pace was dropping, finishing before Westyy but 4s behind FlexesMarci.

Congrats to FlexesMarci for the win and Westyy for the podium finish.

JrHonour

Pro Karter
Jan 12, 2017
Another exciting race for me :) I got the best finish position with my race pace. I think if I started with S tyres I would be p5 again :p

@fxruppert I hit you from behind again after Baku. I think you usually brake early :D

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
@trumpa94 First of all, there's no need to be salty, because it was a battle for position, so I have the right to defend my position, which imo I did pretty fairly.
In addition to that, I had a damaged front wing, so I couldnt really go faster, especially because spain has so many fast corners.
All I want to say is that this manouevre wasnt intentional at all and may just have been the consequence of my frustration about this race. Let's just forget about it and look forward to the next race. See you on track ;)
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/potcoplayers/images/2/25/Carl-sagan-dude-what.png/revision/latest?cb=20130123010133
how on earth did you came to conclusion that I am being salty, not sure if troll or wat. see you in Monacooo

• Optimistic
Reactions: fxruppert

fxruppert

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 24, 2018
@JrHonour I might possibly brake earlier than you because I've turned off the racing line and rather want to have a good exit out of the corner than a good entry :) and in this race I was also suffering from front wing damage which may be the main reason why you ran into me. I'm glad that you at least didn't take any damage from this incident (y)

Reactions: JrHonour

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Q: was surprised that I could deliver P4 after only 10 laps of practice. Also noticed some drivers went on S tyres but I figured I will be able to preserve my tyres like in the last game. I mean, how hard can it be...

R: that did not happen. I was destroying my tyres very fast, that's why I pitted twice. That proved to be a bad strategy and I ended P10. Not bad for first GP, but I was expecting more after Q