Jan 14, 2014
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Wenkaz
- @MAGNUSSEN
- @Niek van Gelder

Last edited:

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya!

A beautiful track located in Spain with a difficult track layout. The track has been on the Formula 1 calendar since 1991, with many great moments on its cape!

Max Verstappen winning as the youngest ever Formula 1 Driver in 2016.
Michael Schumacher's with an incredible record of 6 wins on the circuit from 1995-1996, 2001-2004.

... and we must not forget the greatest moment that has ever happened...
The one, the only - Pastor 'Crashtor' Maldonado! Winning in 2012, his first and only race victory in his career.

See you all on Sunday for a clean and enjoying race!

Reactions: TheVerenzak

Wenkaz

Junior Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Can’t come to this one... Just got called in for a floorball game that I wasn’t supposed to play. Have a good race everyone!

• Informative

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't touched the game since the Bahrain race, and only starting my practice now. Combine that with the fact I'm pretty much the slowest in our split already and things aren't looking good for me :p

Hope I can qualify not-last and just finish the race, anything better than that will be very nice :)

Reactions: Flips

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Haven't touched the game since the Bahrain race, and only starting my practice now. Combine that with the fact I'm pretty much the slowest in our split already and things aren't looking good for me :p

Hope I can qualify not-last and just finish the race, anything better than that will be very nice :)
Me neither.
Since Bahrain, I've also only touched the game today with practice in Spain. I am looking forward to the race in the league again after 1 month. Hopefully, I can get a good qualifying (maybe a Pole Position as in Australia R1) and also good points finish.

@TheVerenzak I believe in you! Get points finish today, you can do it!

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016
@Cheeese you are crazy dude! are you 13 y o or something? I don't have a PC good enough to record your driving style.. maybe you have...

Ronnin1978

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2016
was a nice race,
my engineer put me again medium tires on the last pit stop... surprise :)

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Qualifying:
Spanish Grand Prix is a difficult circuit for me. An interesting qualifying session with only a gap of 1.500 seconds between Pole Position to 15th.
I managed to qualify 1st with a time of 1:19.000 (0:00.418 ahead of my teammate @TwoFiftySix)

Race:

A stressful start on the start/finish-straight with both @Lamp and @TwoFiftySix right beside me. I barely managed to keep the lead right before turn 3.
I was starting on the Soft-tyres and my strategy for the race was a 1-stop (Soft - Hard). After 10 laps of battling with @Lamp for the lead of the Grand Prix, I made my first and only pit stop for the Hard compound.

From lap 11 to 30 me and @Lamp had an intense fight for the lead with impressive divebombs and good defending from myself. This continued all the way to lap 30, with both me and @Lamp "sweating like a pig" (Quote from Lamp)

On lap 30 everything seemed fine and I could taste my first ever win in AOR, but no. The Force India @schumizeu rejoined the track at Sector 2 and I had to avoid his dangerous rejoin onto the track. I luckily only lost a bit of my front wing.. but the worst thing that happened was that I couldn't get my first win in AOR. Due to the crash, I went from P1 to P4 at the end of the race.

I'm so grateful for my Pole Position, but I am a bit angry (very angry) that I lost the win at Catalunya today. Congratulations to all the Podium drivers (@Lamp @TwoFiftySix and @Jipper), and a great result for my teammate!

Sauber received 30 points today - which I am happy about!

Qualifying:
Pole Position - 1st

Race:
4th Position.

See you all in Monaco!

Last edited:
Reactions: TwoFiftySix

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
What a crazy race... Didn't think that this race was gonna turn out this good. Qualified on P2, with @Flips on P1, so a Sauber 1 - 2. Suck that, reality!
At the race start I was pretty much convinced that there would be a huge crash into turn 1, so I tried to take it easy. @Lamp overtook me, and that was ok with me. Would have been a nice battle if I stayed in front, but I think I would've eventually lost the position to him, so I tried to drive at my own pace, making the one-stop possible. I had pretty good tyre wear, getting to lap 12 with my softs. Somewhere in the first stint [email protected] spun or something? After my stop onto the hard tires I noticed @Jipper, who was behind me at that point, went to the mediums, so I didn't have to worry about him (Sorry m8 :p). I drove my own race, keeping @Jipper at a safe distance at all times. After he and the rest of the field pitted again, the race was pretty boring, as there was a 20+ seconds gap behind me, and no way of catching @Flips or @Lamp in front. Or was there a way? Yep. But not anything I would be proud of. @schumizeu got into the way of @Flips, so I got in front of him. Couldn't see what exactly happened, but seeing that @schumizeu was lapped anyways, that incident shouldn't have happened, at all! I'm not complaining, I benefitted from that, and got 2nd in the end, again! So I'm pretty happy, would've been very satisfied with 3rd as well, but that's racing... Sometimes you have luck, sometimes you don't.

POV will be uploaded tomorrow. Maybe I'll try livestreaming again in the next AOR Social Historical Race on Tuesday.

See y'all at the next Grand Crash in Monaco!

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 6th
R- DNF (again)

Felt good for the race after finally getting a good qualifying lap. After a slow start, I was struggling to be able to follow other cars and was slowly falling back. After pitting on lap 8, I has a spin in which the car just lost grip, I've done loads of practice this week and the spin I had was really odd, it was like I was driving on ice. Really frustrated after that as I felt that I could have got a really good points haul for this race, My POV is below:

• Friendly
Reactions: Ronnin1978

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
Q- 6th
R- DNF (again)

Felt good for the race after finally getting a good qualifying lap. After a slow start, I was struggling to be able to follow other cars and was slowly falling back. After pitting on lap 8, I has a spin in which the car just lost grip, I've done loads of practice this week and the spin I had was really odd, it was like I was driving on ice. Really frustrated after that as I felt that I could have got a really good points haul for this race, My POV is below:

I’m pretty sure you were tapped up the rear here and that’s why you spun

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Q - 8th
R - 3rd

Well that was a crazy race,

Again apologies to Snarf Snarf, Who suffered some kind of mental physics issue on lap 1, after coming round turn 4 i found myself touching his rear right tyre, so i dropped the throttle to slow down and next thing his car was completely sideways to the left, completely opposite to the side i had touched! after that i was pushed wide by @schumizeu into turn 7 and lost 2 places but @Cheeese went through the pits on lap 1, i guess you had a drive through penalty? and @schumizeu dropped his car on turn 5 and spun out, so i was running in 6th chasing down @aeN and passed him on the final turn of lap 3.

I kept my laps consistent and built a gap to @aeN on lap 5 @[email protected] had spun on the exit of turn 8 esses and handed me 4th, Kept building the gap behind me and tried to catch the front runners on my first stint but could only manage to hold the gap to 7 seconds to the leading driver, pitted for Mediums on lap 9 and rejoined in 8th, after my outlap i was back in 5th and overtook @TheVerenzak into turn 1 to take back 4th, i held this position until my next pit stop as i couldnt catch @TwoFiftySix i was gaining very slowly even tho he was on the Hard tyre and i was on the mediums but i just didnt have the pace to catch and over take, so from this point i knew hte 2 stopper was not going to be faster than the 1 stopper he was doing as i couldnt overtake early enough and build a gap for the 2 stopper to work, pitted on lap 24 for the Soft tyres and rejoined in 6th, a few laps later i retook 4th after pit stops from the guys i was racing, then i was the chase to the 3 front runners

Eventually on lap 30 @Flips had an incident with @schumizeu and had no front wing, so i had 3 laps to catch and overtake, he had no front wing so i was catching 6 seconds a lap, eventually we had a little tussle for the final podium position which i stole into the final chicane of the final lap! sorry man!

Good race by all accounts, disappointed in my Medium pace verses the guys on the Hard tyres. im still scratching my head on that one!

POV Below:

Reactions: Ronnin1978 and Lamp

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Q - 8th
R - 3rd

Well that was a crazy race,

Again apologies to Snarf Snarf, Who suffered some kind of mental physics issue on lap 1, after coming round turn 4 i found myself touching his rear right tyre, so i dropped the throttle to slow down and next thing his car was completely sideways to the left, completely opposite to the side i had touched! after that i was pushed wide by @schumizeu into turn 7 and lost 2 places but @Cheeese went through the pits on lap 1, i guess you had a drive through penalty? and @schumizeu dropped his car on turn 5 and spun out, so i was running in 6th chasing down @aeN and passed him on the final turn of lap 3.

I kept my laps consistent and built a gap to @aeN on lap 5 @[email protected] had spun on the exit of turn 8 esses and handed me 4th, Kept building the gap behind me and tried to catch the front runners on my first stint but could only manage to hold the gap to 7 seconds to the leading driver, pitted for Mediums on lap 9 and rejoined in 8th, after my outlap i was back in 5th and overtook @TheVerenzak into turn 1 to take back 4th, i held this position until my next pit stop as i couldnt catch @TwoFiftySix i was gaining very slowly even tho he was on the Hard tyre and i was on the mediums but i just didnt have the pace to catch and over take, so from this point i knew hte 2 stopper was not going to be faster than the 1 stopper he was doing as i couldnt overtake early enough and build a gap for the 2 stopper to work, pitted on lap 24 for the Soft tyres and rejoined in 6th, a few laps later i retook 4th after pit stops from the guys i was racing, then i was the chase to the 3 front runners

Eventually on lap 30 @Flips had an incident with @schumizeu and had no front wing, so i had 3 laps to catch and overtake, he had no front wing so i was catching 6 seconds a lap, eventually we had a little tussle for the final podium position which i stole into the final chicane of the final lap! sorry man!

Good race by all accounts, disappointed in my Medium pace verses the guys on the Hard tyres. im still scratching my head on that one!

POV Below:

It's okay @Jipper. I would have done the same if that happened to you.
I am still mad about the incident on lap 30, but that's racing (especially when people don't know how to rejoin a track without putting others in danger).
Great result for you!

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
hello, i want to ask you to remove one of my time penalty which was totally unfair :
1. Lap1 , somebody on T3 ( one of the ferrari's) was in the middle of the track trying to rejoin , i passed this car...then i received the message "illegal overtake slow down" ...i drive slowly but the car that it was considered that i overtake illegal didn't rejoin on time so i received 5 sec penalty

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
hello, i want to ask you to remove one of my time penalty which was totally unfair :
1. Lap1 , somebody on T3 ( one of the ferrari's) was in the middle of the track trying to rejoin , i passed this car...then i received the message "illegal overtake slow down" ...i drive slowly but the car that it was considered that i overtake illegal didn't rejoin on time so i received 5 sec penalty
Maybe take that to the stewards with a video evidence

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hey boys it was a great race! Honestly despite the unfortunate incident this was my favorite race I’ve ever driven. This kind of racing is why I signed up for AOR and sim race in general. To the average person it may seem that I’m just staring at @Flips gearbox for 30 laps but we had really intense battles maybe 9 times. It seems like every time I qualify 3rd I get topstep on the podium and every time I qualify 1st I get 3rd not complaining though. I do truly wish the incident on lap 30 didn’t happen and I’m almost 100% certain @Flips would have won but those last three laps will never be known. Conratz to the other two podium finishers @TwoFiftySix and @Jipper. Two fifty you really deserved a good result and I can finally say finally. Jipper anyone would have done what you did.

If you guys are interested or need some stock footage of a sauba going around a track for thirty laps my video will be below. Hopefully we can have more battles like this soon @Flips . Laps 26 and 27 were crazy.

Also I won’t be here for Monaco so if someone could keep the top step of the podium warm for me that would be great.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Hey boys it was a great race! Honestly despite the unfortunate incident this was my favorite race I’ve ever driven. This kind of racing is why I signed up for AOR and sim race in general. To the average person it may seem that I’m just staring at @Flips gearbox for 30 laps but we had really intense battles maybe 9 times. It seems like every time I qualify 3rd I get topstep on the podium and every time I qualify 1st I get 3rd not complaining though. I do truly wish the incident on lap 30 didn’t happen and I’m almost 100% certain @Flips would have won but those last three laps will never be known. Conratz to the other two podium finishers @TwoFiftySix and @Jipper. Two fifty you really deserved a good result and I can finally say finally. Jipper anyone would have done what you did.

If you guys are interested or need some stock footage of a sauba going around a track for thirty laps my video will be below. Hopefully we can have more battles like this soon @Flips . Laps 26 and 27 were crazy.

Also I won’t be here for Monaco so if someone could keep the top step of the podium warm for me that would be great.

"Sweating like a pig" - Lamp 2k17

Great battle with you! Looking forward to the season.

Reactions: Lamp