PC - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/11/2017] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/11/2017]

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: P16
- That went rather awful. Qualifying generally is my weakest point, and this one was one of the most embarrising ones so far. Wasn't able to get a good lap in, both with faster cars coming up behind me (who I didn't want to hold up) and stupid little mistakes. On my last lap I was purple in the first sector! But I cut the fast left-right before the back straight just a little bit and it invalidated my lap, which meant I didn't set any proper laps.

Race: P12
- Doesn't look that bad, to go from P16 to P12, but the truth is that I was still last. Started on the Mediums and wanted to go M-S-S in the race. Knew tyre management was going to be neccessary, but felt like it was the only way I was going to score points (also didn't do any practice on the Hards, so didn't want to risk it).
- Lap 1 went pretty well, managed to avoid all chaos and was up into the points (think I even was in 4th or 5th for a while). Made my stop on L12, but went onto another set of mediums, because my tyrewear was worse than I expected and I noticed I only had 1 fresh set of softs left.
- After my stop it basically all went to ****. My pace on this set of mediums was quite shocking, I wasn't able to gain on the cars in front and behind, who were both on the Hards. Few laps later I got a little screen stutter, which made me spin at the exit of the hairpin at the end of the backstraight, lost me about 10-15 seconds. Knew any chance of points was basically gone at this point.
- Lap 23 I went into the pits for my softs, wasn't too far away from points, so thought that maybe with a bit of luck and a good last stint I would be able to snatch a point, but I tapped the wall when coming into the pits, which basically just destroyed the whole thing and they didn't fit me a new one in the stop. So L24 I made another stop, they fit me a new wing and a used set of softs :/
So last couple of laps I was just driving in last, trying to get out of the way of everyone lapping me (hopefully I didn't hold anyone up). Got a few track extend warnings in these laps aswell, so picked up a penalty in the end.

Definitely a race to forget for me.

Monaco is usually a race I do reasonably well at, but not setting any expectations for myself. Just getting to the finish without to much carnage will make me happy :)

Reactions: Flips

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
hello, i want to ask you to remove one of my time penalty which was totally unfair :
1. Lap1 , somebody on T3 ( one of the ferrari's) was in the middle of the track trying to rejoin , i passed this car...then i received the message "illegal overtake slow down" ...i drive slowly but the car that it was considered that i overtake illegal didn't rejoin on time so i received 5 sec penalty
Unfortunately I don't have the power to remove the penalty myself, so you'll have to go the the Stewards and they will take a look at it.
If you have video evidence it will make it easier as well.

You can make an enquiry here: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/stewards-panel.90/

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Qualifying: P16
- That went rather awful. Qualifying generally is my weakest point, and this one was one of the most embarrising ones so far. Wasn't able to get a good lap in, both with faster cars coming up behind me (who I didn't want to hold up) and stupid little mistakes. On my last lap I was purple in the first sector! But I cut the fast left-right before the back straight just a little bit and it invalidated my lap, which meant I didn't set any proper laps.

Race: P12
- Doesn't look that bad, to go from P16 to P12, but the truth is that I was still last. Started on the Mediums and wanted to go M-S-S in the race. Knew tyre management was going to be neccessary, but felt like it was the only way I was going to score points (also didn't do any practice on the Hards, so didn't want to risk it).
- Lap 1 went pretty well, managed to avoid all chaos and was up into the points (think I even was in 4th or 5th for a while). Made my stop on L12, but went onto another set of mediums, because my tyrewear was worse than I expected and I noticed I only had 1 fresh set of softs left.
- After my stop it basically all went to ****. My pace on this set of mediums was quite shocking, I wasn't able to gain on the cars in front and behind, who were both on the Hards. Few laps later I got a little screen stutter, which made me spin at the exit of the hairpin at the end of the backstraight, lost me about 10-15 seconds. Knew any chance of points was basically gone at this point.
- Lap 23 I went into the pits for my softs, wasn't too far away from points, so thought that maybe with a bit of luck and a good last stint I would be able to snatch a point, but I tapped the wall when coming into the pits, which basically just destroyed the whole thing and they didn't fit me a new one in the stop. So L24 I made another stop, they fit me a new wing and a used set of softs :/
So last couple of laps I was just driving in last, trying to get out of the way of everyone lapping me (hopefully I didn't hold anyone up). Got a few track extend warnings in these laps aswell, so picked up a penalty in the end.

Definitely a race to forget for me.

Monaco is usually a race I do reasonably well at, but not setting any expectations for myself. Just getting to the finish without to much carnage will make me happy :)
In Monaco you'll have 100% of getting points, due to crashes.

Reactions: TheVerenzak

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016
guys this is totally unfair! if i cannot record due to low fps you keep blame me for your mistakes. @Flips you lost the control of your car. after my incidents with @Cheeese I was trying to recover from a spin and the car didn't listen to me and keep spinning. I wasn't hit by anyone and I didn't had any blue flags. I still want to @cheese post his POV if has any.

Last edited:

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
guys this is totally unfair! if i cannot record due to low fps you keep blame me for your mistakes. @Flips you lost the control of your car. after my incidents with @Cheeese I was trying to recover from a spin and the car didn't listen to me and keep spinning. I wasn't hit by anyone and I didn't had any blue flags. I still want to @cheese post his POV if has any.
I am not blaming the fact that you cant record while playing F1 2017, my computer is **** aswell.

I just felt like the rejoin you did on Lap 30 was dangerous and cost me the win/podium. I have nothing against you in person, it was just the driving style at that moment. Hopefully you can understand.

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
What a crazy race... Didn't think that this race was gonna turn out this good. Qualified on P2, with @Flips on P1, so a Sauber 1 - 2. Suck that, reality!
At the race start I was pretty much convinced that there would be a huge crash into turn 1, so I tried to take it easy. @Lamp overtook me, and that was ok with me. Would have been a nice battle if I stayed in front, but I think I would've eventually lost the position to him, so I tried to drive at my own pace, making the one-stop possible. I had pretty good tyre wear, getting to lap 12 with my softs. Somewhere in the first stint [email protected] spun or something? After my stop onto the hard tires I noticed @Jipper, who was behind me at that point, went to the mediums, so I didn't have to worry about him (Sorry m8 :p). I drove my own race, keeping @Jipper at a safe distance at all times. After he and the rest of the field pitted again, the race was pretty boring, as there was a 20+ seconds gap behind me, and no way of catching @Flips or @Lamp in front. Or was there a way? Yep. But not anything I would be proud of. @schumizeu got into the way of @Flips, so I got in front of him. Couldn't see what exactly happened, but seeing that @schumizeu was lapped anyways, that incident shouldn't have happened, at all! I'm not complaining, I benefitted from that, and got 2nd in the end, again! So I'm pretty happy, would've been very satisfied with 3rd as well, but that's racing... Sometimes you have luck, sometimes you don't.

POV will be uploaded tomorrow. Maybe I'll try livestreaming again in the next AOR Social Historical Race on Tuesday.

See y'all at the next Grand Crash in Monaco!
Here is my point of view, notice the Formula E sound during the race until lap 5.

Reactions: Jipper

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
It's okay @Jipper. I would have done the same if that happened to you.
I am still mad about the incident on lap 30, but that's racing (especially when people don't know how to rejoin a track without putting others in danger).
Great result for you!
For what its worth, i know its not the 1st place you were fighting for, but you'll likely get 3rd place back anyways, so our battle was for naught! :p i didnt wait for snarf snarf on lap 1 when he overcorrected and went flying, so il likely get a 5 second/10 second penalty for not waiting, so you'll still get the podium!

.......Until we meet again :sneaky::sneaky:

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
For what its worth, i know its not the 1st place you were fighting for, but you'll likely get 3rd place back anyways, so our battle was for naught! :p i didnt wait for snarf snarf on lap 1 when he overcorrected and went flying, so il likely get a 5 second/10 second penalty for not waiting, so you'll still get the podium!

.......Until we meet again :sneaky::sneaky:
What?!
I know the battle was naughty by me, but I was pissed, due to I've lost the chance to win my first AOR Win.
I am kinda grateful for the podium, but I feel sorry for you that you lost it due to penalties.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
What?!
I know the battle was naughty by me, but I was pissed, due to I've lost the chance to win my first AOR Win.
I am kinda grateful for the podium, but I feel sorry for you that you lost it due to penalties.
Nah its cool, I enjoyed the battle, I dont mind bumps and scrapes aslong as its not blatent ramming etc, i took some front wing damage from the battle but its all part of racing, but some folk dont see it that way and run off crying to the stewards ;)

I havent officially lost it yet, but likely because i didnt wait the stewards will penalise me for that, even tho i beleive if you overcorrect and drive off the track thats not something i should have to wait for but the steward is the boss at the end of the day, il take whatever comes and carry on.. :stig:

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Nah its cool, I enjoyed the battle, I dont mind bumps and scrapes aslong as its not blatent ramming etc, i took some front wing damage from the battle but its all part of racing, but some folk dont see it that way and run off crying to the stewards ;)

I havent officially lost it yet, but likely because i didnt wait the stewards will penalise me for that, even tho i beleive if you overcorrect and drive off the track thats not something i should have to wait for but the steward is the boss at the end of the day, il take whatever comes and carry on.. :stig:
As all of the drivers in this league heard on the Discord, I was pissed. But now after a few days, I am not so pissed as I was at the moment.
I am here for fun driving, but when you're 2nd in the standings you'll start to take all the incidents more serious, which can both be a positive thing but also a negative thing.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
As all of the drivers in this league heard on the Discord, I was pissed. But now after a few days, I am not so pissed as I was at the moment.
I am here for fun driving, but when you're 2nd in the standings you'll start to take all the incidents more serious, which can both be a positive thing but also a negative thing.
Yeah i totally understand that, it would be a nightmare to be in the situation you were, but just to be clear i wasnt having a dig at you for your stewards enquiry, thats a totally different scenario/situation and you are 100% doing the right thing to report a driver for the situation that unfolded.

but yeah the fun does get sucked out of it from time to time unfortuantely. my last season i was smashed off the track every race near enough during 1st lap. and im not talking fairy taps im talking big old f**k brakes im taking people out crashes haha.:stop::stop:(n)

• Agree

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Yeah i totally understand that, it would be a nightmare to be in the situation you were, but just to be clear i wasnt having a dig at you for your stewards enquiry, thats a totally different scenario/situation and you are 100% doing the right thing to report a driver for the situation that unfolded.

but yeah the fun does get sucked out of it from time to time unfortuantely. my last season i was smashed off the track every race near enough during 1st lap. and im not talking fairy taps im talking big old f**k brakes im taking people out crashes haha.:stop::stop:(n)
Correct!
I am just reporting it due to the driving, not personal. I know that I won't get my win back, but if he dould get a small punishment for the dangerous rejoin I'll be happy!

(I fell that we're spamming this thread :p )

• Agree

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Correct!
I am just reporting it due to the driving, not personal. I know that I won't get my win back, but if he dould get a small punishment for the dangerous rejoin I'll be happy!

haha yeah maybe just a little! :hilarious:

• Funny

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Correct!

Its official now, you have your podium back :p

The stewards have elected to award Jipper a 5 second time penalty + 7.5 penalty points for causing a minor avoidable collision and failing to wait. Whilst it is clear that Snarf Snarf lost more time than this, the stewards believe that the spin was avoidable from his end even with the contact.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Its official now, you have your podium back :p

The stewards have elected to award Jipper a 5 second time penalty + 7.5 penalty points for causing a minor avoidable collision and failing to wait. Whilst it is clear that Snarf Snarf lost more time than this, the stewards believe that the spin was avoidable from his end even with the contact.
I am sorry to hear that Jipper. We had a great fight the last lap of the race.
There's still 15 more rounds to get that podium back, you'll get it!

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hey buddy, how’s it going. If you look at my video you were spinning for about 4 corners before we made it to you. You left and re-entered the track dangerously multiple times. When we got you you you were backwards sitting on the apex. You can clearly tell you didn’t have control over the car. It would be nice if you manned up and took some responsiblility but every time you’re in an incident it’s magically the other persons fault.

Last edited:

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hey buddy, how’s it going. If you look at my video you were spinning for about 4 corners before we made it to you. You left and rendered the track dangerously multiple times. When we got you you you were backwards sitting on the apex. You can clearly tell you didn’t have control over the car. It would be nice if you manned up and took some responsiblility but every time you’re in an incident it’s magically the other persons fault.
Please don't discuss incidents here in these threads. A stewards enquiry has been opened about this, if you were involved in the incident and want to voice your opinion please do so there.