Mar 18, 2016
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Questions to drivers

1) Finally the european stretch of the season starts, which of the european tracks is your favourite and why?

2) What was your best and the worst memory of the season so far?

Predictions:
Pole
1)
2)
3)
Fastest lap:

to @SynTeTiC96 you had a dream start to the season and the title race looks already set, how do you deal with the pressure being now the title favourite and what are the factors to your consistency this season?

to @Ollie_D631 after a storming start to the season the last few races proved difficult, do you think you can do it like last season and defend your title in a late season charge?

to @JIM_pasti @JIM-NardyXTeam @TheXocolateHD and @IRT_AlvaroMasia with your home race ahead, do you think that you can make it a spanish domination on home soil?

doordos_1150

Kubica Wannabe
Dec 17, 2017
1) Finally the european stretch of the season starts, which of the european tracks is your favourite and why?
Austria and Monza because of my past experiences there and an almighty P2 at Monza last season being just behind @Curly (kys parabollica)

Best - Good battles in Australia and coming from a bottled quali from P14 into P10

Worst - Every single quali session this season has been a bottle, around 0.4s off my best lap times
Predictions:
Pole floris
1) nardy
2) syntetic
3) jemzoh
Fastest lap: xocolate

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
I'm not sure, i like a lot of them. Most of them have a nice flow.
Best propably the win in China. It felt really great. Worse maybe my qualilap in Bahrain.
Predictions:

Pole @JIM-NardyXTeam
1) @Ollie_D631
2) @Jemzoh
3) @alexukr
Fastest lap: /

to @SynTeTiC96 you had a dream start to the season and the title race looks already set, how do you deal with the pressure being now the title favourite and what are the factors to your consistency this season?
The title is far away from being set. There were just 4 races out of 15 and they went quite lucky but things can change very quickly. There's not more pressure then usually. Maybe less cause i know that i dont have to catch up. I think a lot about setups. Finding one that you're happy with makes a big difference in this game.

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Silverstone, fast and flowing and home GP.
Best - Win in Australia
Worst - Game Glitch in China
Predictions:
Pole Nardy
1) Nardy
2) @SynTeTiC96
3) @Floriswijers33
Fastest lap: @Curly

to @Ollie_D631 after a storming start to the season the last few races proved difficult, do you think you can do it like last season and defend your title in a late season charge?
It will be difficult to fight for the title. I should be closer in the standings to the front then i am, due to no fault of my own at China and Baku. I know i can comeback, because i managed last season from 68 points behind, but i cant practice for the next 5 races due to exams so winning it is a long shot, especially with @SynTeTiC96 driving as well as he is.

JIM-NardyPerez

Formula Karter
Apr 4, 2017
My favourite track is Montmelo (Spain GP) so far. It totally adapts to my driving style

My best memory is my pole position in the Baku GP and my worst memory is my qualifying session of bahrain so so far.

Predictions:
Pole I think @TheXocolateHD
1) @Ollie_D631
2) @IRT_AlvaroMasia
3) @SynTeTiC96
Fastest lap: Me

to @JIM_pasti @JIM-NardyXTeam @TheXocolateHD and @IRT_AlvaroMasia with your home race ahead, do you think that you can make it a spanish domination on home soil?

Well, if I could finish a decent qualifying lap and I could have a strong pace, everything could happen. I wish it.

doordos_1150

Kubica Wannabe
Dec 17, 2017
Just realised, saying who's gonna get the fastest lap just equates to who's going to get blown up in the race lel

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016

Austria because of this one:

The Best one was maybe the pace i had overall, i think i can fight for the podium in most races again and that makes me happy, however i have not been mistake free this season so thats bad. Also China was really gutting because i think i could have won this race.

Predictions:
Pole: @TheXocolateHD
1) @JIM-NardyXTeam
2) @Floriswijers33
3) @TheXocolateHD
Fastest lap: @Overdykink

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
@iSuperScrub @Jarno Opmeer even though there are no abscences yet, please make yourself as ready as possible for the race, because in the last two races we had unannounced abscences and lots of last minute onces, so be prepared to possibly race

Overdykink

Formula Karter
Dec 14, 2017
Silverstone, cause of my F2 win last season. Although I don't mind Spain either.

Best probably my battle with @dawidos_1150 at Bahrain. Shame it only was for P10.
Worst probably the full rest of the qualifyings and races. Just really haven't been performing to my potential at all, especially in qualifying.

Predictions:
Pole @Floriswijers33
1) @Jemzoh
2) @DeAgLeKiLLeR
3) @SynTeTiC96
Fastest lap: @Floriswijers33

• Friendly
Reactions: doordos_1150

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
ffs ppl need to learn that on L1 or two the rac eisnt won, ad to go through 3 divebombs in 3 consecutive corners. I had legitimately race winning pace today aswell

DeAgLeKiLLeR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2018
ffs ppl need to learn that on L1 or two the rac eisnt won, ad to go through 3 divebombs in 3 consecutive corners. I had legitimately race winning pace today aswell
Yea, blaming other drivers but when you make a mistake yourself you dont talk about it, thanks for taking me out mate, what you did was 100X worse then those 3 divebombs today

19:50

4:10

if you talk about other people mistakes but not mistakes you make yourself that makes me really angry

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Yea, blaming other drivers but when you make a mistake yourself you dont talk about it, thanks for taking me out mate, what you did was 100X worse then those 3 divebombs today

19:50

4:10

if you talk about other people mistakes but not mistakes you make yourself that makes me really angry
That is the difference, what i did was a mistake, an error in how much i had to lift to make the corner side by side with you on dirty tyres and i apologized to you in person and i will get penalised for that, but what i did wasnt intentionally, it was an accident cause by a mistake from me. What i am talking about are the intentional divebombs and forcing offs i have experienced and seen many times on the stream. No driver is ever mistake free, if you do a mistake then apologize and move on, but i see from the first race onwards that in many cases there is intentional running off the road and divebombing and this causes general agressiveness in the field. Many times this season when battled someone they didnt leave the space and just ran me off the road and that is intent, thats not happening by mistake and i obviously put out my elbows aswell because if not then the exact thing as today happens where becausei wanted to leave space i get swamped by 3 drivers

I am racing here for 5 seasons and this incident will be my first ever penalty in the stewards office ( should have been with pasti in Baku aswell tho) and in most seasons the driving was hard but respectful in leaving enough space or not using other drivers as brake assitance and this season its definetly different (not excluding myself from this critizism).