May 24, 2017
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Raidersky

Last edited:

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hope not to sound like a prick here (if I do, let me know), but I've got one quick thing I'd like to say.

I'd like everyone to be aware of this section of the AOR F1 league rules (which everyone should have read before signing up):
Deliberately quitting the race in any way (whether that is by quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified or deliberately crashing your car) is not allowed.Regardless of how frustrating your race has been, you should always remain in the lobby until the end of the race. This is because of potential problems caused for other drivers when a car gets abandoned, such as the car driving around as an ghosted AI, the car parking at the side of the track and remaining there for the duration of the race, yellow flags or a safety car being triggered, and other potential connection instability and bugs.
(not the crashing out part, the leaving the lobby part)

Last race I can recall @teunvanberkel leaving the lobby after he DNF'ed, and I can recall a lot of other instances in the races before this. Leaving the lobby, even if you are out of the race, can cause instability, increasing the chance of desync, it bugs out the slipstream for the other drivers and for some people (like me) it causes a major screenfreeze upon you leaving the race. Of course if you disconnect or your game crashes, there is nothing you can do about that.

Last race I didn't actually have any problems when @teunvanberkel left (apart from the slipstream being gone), but in Azerbaijan I got a screenfreeze into the castle section because someone left, which is not fun. I'm certain that if I'd have gotten one last race into T10, I'd have spun out with no possibility to save it, possibly ruining my race.

You could just ALT-TAB if you really want to do something else, or you could watch the rest of the race, who knows it'll be fun. I'm just saying that it's courteous to the other 19 drivers if you stay in the lobby. Sadly Codemasters have handed us a steaming pile of **** in terms of game quality and we have to deal with that.

Hope you understand my concerns about this (and hope I don't sound like too much of a prick).

Tagging people to make sure this gets seen, sorry about the notification
@Dazzy Oz @Jipper @Raidersky @Niek van Gelder @PiekarzPotato @trumpa94 @T-Havok @teunvanberkel @Kiinako @Rienk @Ping2High @DackeBerg @Kreosteijn @Snook @Klauuiii @FraGioco9 @Thomas Schmidt @Flaf @RichyB @Borderline @Portex

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Hope not to sound like a prick here (if I do, let me know), but I've got one quick thing I'd like to say.

I'd like everyone to be aware of this section of the AOR F1 league rules (which everyone should have read before signing up):

Last race I can recall @teunvanberkel leaving the lobby after he DNF'ed, and I can recall a lot of other instances in the races before this. Leaving the lobby, even if you are out of the race, can cause instability, increasing the chance of desync, it bugs out the slipstream for the other drivers and for some people (like me) it causes a major screenfreeze upon you leaving the race. Of course if you disconnect or your game crashes, there is nothing you can do about that.

Last race I didn't actually have any problems when @teunvanberkel left (apart from the slipstream being gone), but in Azerbaijan I got a screenfreeze into the castle section because someone left, which is not fun. I'm certain that if I'd have gotten one last race into T10, I'd have spun out with no possibility to save it, possibly ruining my race.

You could just ALT-TAB if you really want to do something else, or you could watch the rest of the race, who knows it'll be fun. I'm just saying that it's courteous to the other 19 drivers if you stay in the lobby. Sadly Codemasters have handed us a steaming pile of **** in terms of game quality and we have to deal with that.

Hope you understand my concerns about this (and hope I don't sound like too much of a prick).

@Dazzy Oz @Jipper @Raidersky @Niek van Gelder @PiekarzPotato @trumpa94 @T-Havok @teunvanberkel @Kiinako @Rienk @Ping2High @DackeBerg @Kreosteijn @Snook @Klauuiii @FraGioco9 @Thomas Schmidt @Flaf @RichyB @Borderline @Portex
I totally agree with you. Especially because of the bugs which can and eventuelly will rise because of this. Having no slipstream really takes a lot of fun out of the race. In almost every instance of the game overtaking gets really really hard if you have no slipstream at all. DRS helps, but not that much.

If people are too childish or selfish to stay with us and not keeping to the rules, I will encourage the other drivers to make a stewards inquiry when they see other people leaving on purpose. It is then to the leaving driver to prove they had a failure of any kind in order to avoid a penalty. I did this last season as well and will do it again if I feel the need to do so.

I hate to do this, but on the other hand I hate people not admitting to the rules. If you really want to break them, this is not the place to do so. They didn’t make the rules for nothing...

• Agree
Reactions: Rienk

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
I totally agree with you. Especially because of the bugs which can and eventuelly will rise because of this. Having no slipstream really takes a lot of fun out of the race. In almost every instance of the game overtaking gets really really hard if you have no slipstream at all. DRS helps, but not that much.

If people are too childish or selfish to stay with us and not keeping to the rules, I will encourage the other drivers to make a stewards inquiry when they see other people leaving on purpose. It is then to the leaving driver to prove they had a failure of any kind in order to avoid a penalty. I did this last season as well and will do it again if I feel the need to do so.

I hate to do this, but on the other hand I hate people not admitting to the rules. If you really want to break them, this is not the place to do so. They didn’t make the rules for nothing...
I try not not look at it with this grim of a view, but I think you have a point here. I think we should gauge it out for a 1-2 races and if it keeps happening (especially if it's the same people) we should try and do something about it by ways of the stewards.

Snook

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 16, 2017
I don't think a rule can be enforced here because it's not exactly the driver's fault, they are free to leave after all. They shouldn't be penalised for it.

But we can have an agreement here that anyone that retires from the race should not leave the lobby and keep the game open for the rest of race. In a way, this is about how much respect we have for each other.

I would start a poll to get everyone's opinion but some people just don't like getting involved and shy out of an argument. So I'll leave this matter here.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
I don't think a rule can be enforced here because it's not exactly the driver's fault, they are free to leave after all. They shouldn't be penalised for it.

But we can have an agreement here that anyone that retires from the race should not leave the lobby and keep the game open for the rest of race. In a way, this is about how much respect we have for each other.

I would start a poll to get everyone's opinion but some people just don't like getting involved and shy out of an argument. So I'll leave this matter here.
It specifically says
Regardless of how frustrating your race has been, you should always remain in the lobby until the end of the race.
Imo this means whether you've retired or not, but I do think that it is worded a bit vaguely whether it is about leaving whilst racing and leaving whilst not. The consequences of someone leaving are the same whether they were racing or not though (apart from a ghost car maybe).

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
I try not not look at it with this grim of a view, but I think you have a point here. I think we should gauge it out for a 1-2 races and if it keeps happening (especially if it's the same people) we should try and do something about it by ways of the stewards.
Fact is several people already have left the lobby on purpose in the first 4 races. I know I sound very grim. But I was already at the point of reporting some people last night if my recording didn’t fail... waiting for another 1 or 2 races means we are almost already at the half of the season. This means if you start reporting at that point, they won’t feel any pain from it as the season will be over when they get close to actual qualy bans and such.

My point: rules are rules. Hate it when people get away with it by breaking them while I do my best to stick with them.

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017

i had some srceen twitching in Baku too

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
I agree, you should always stay in the lobby. When you started the race you already comitted your time to staying in the lobby for the entire duration. You wouldn't leave the lobby if you were still racing, would you? I understand that there are a lot of rules and it's hard to know them all, so no hard feelings if the people that left didn't know the rules or the consequenses for the people still racing. But the consequenses of no slipstream or screenfreezes because of disconnects can by quite big.

• Agree
Reactions: FraGioco9 and Rienk

Thomas Schmidt

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 18, 2018
Sry for leaving the race! Tbh, i left cause i saw other guys leaving the server. A bit dumb, but that's what it is.
i'll make sure to stay til the end of the race, from now on!

• Friendly
Reactions: Rienk

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Sry for leaving the race! Tbh, i left cause i saw other guys leaving the server. A bit dumb, but that's what it is.
i'll make sure to stay til the end of the race, from now on!
Much appreciated my man. To be honest you couldn't really have known. I just put it out there to hopefully make the consequences known to everyone. Don't worry about it for now :)

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
@Jipper I might not make it for this one. We're going out for diner and don't know how long it will be. I'll try to keep you posted.

• Informative
Reactions: Jipper

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
IMPORTANT IMFORMATION**
EVERYONE MUST please read below rules ahead of this race. I expect you all to respect these rules even if the game let's you get away with something that you shouldn't.

1.4 Corner cutting:
● Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, NOT by the edge of the kerbs. The white lines are deemed part of the track, however the kerbs are not. Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively.

● In qualifying, if you go outside the track limits in a way that doesn't clearly lose you time, you are expected to lift off the throttle to clearly negate any potential advantage gained. If the cut is major, the lap should be aborted. Failing to do this may result in post-race punishment.

ANYBODY who consistently abuses corner cutting will receive a HARSH penalty from the stewards. Hope you all understand as you have now been warned
and good luck with the race

FraGioco9

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 25, 2018
Apparently, after Steam Restart, Game Restart, PC Restart, invites from many players in the lobby, I could not join the tonight's session. Tried with the game already on, and with the game off. The situation makes me worry about tomorrow a little bit but hey... F*ck you Codemasters!

View attachment 47323
This has happened to me too, I just wanted to tell you guys that this could happen, unfortunately

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Also important for this race specifically: after setting your fastest lap in qualifying, do not retire your car on the start/finish straight. This will make the AI park your car in the grass to the left of the track, destroying the brake boards for turn 1 in the process.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Pre-race
Had a Monaco race in the rFactor 2 F1 league on saturday, so was too busy with that to really practice. The only social I thought I'd attend I couldn't go to because I found out that I had to go to a birthday. All in all, basically no practice. I really like Spain as a track, but my pace is usually VERY off around here, so I was in for a bad race from the start.

Qualifying (P16)
xd

Race (DNF)
A lot of avoiding. Had @PiekarzPotato join T3 in front of me and had to avoid him. He also gave me a nice little love tap to put me off track after that. Because of that @T-Havok overtook me and I had to defend from @Flaf. Got some positions from people making mistakes. Got a good run out of the final corner and overtook @T-Havok through T1-2 (might have been some contact, I couldn't tell. If there was, I'm sorry). Drove on until I had to catch some oversteer through T9, went wide into the gravel and spun right across the track into the wall. Race over. 2 min highlights/lowlights video inc.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Havok

FraGioco9

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 25, 2018
Another bad race, I'm really slow in the rain so I got P19, also because the game invalidates the next lap even if I cut t3... I had some fun with @Ping2High and finished P12, I hope things will go better from now on.

Snook

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 16, 2017
Was my internet any better at least? :/