Jan 13, 2018
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
As @FisiFan91 also mentioned in Split 3: Please take note of these rules even if the game lets you away with some very questionable moves during races/qualifying. This goes for all races and their all expected to be followed.

● Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, NOT by the edge of the kerbs. The white lines are deemed part of the track, however the kerbs are not. Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively.

● In qualifying, if you go outside the track limits in a way that doesn't clearly lose you time, you are expected to lift off the throttle to clearly negate any potential advantage gained. If the cut is major, the lap should be aborted. Failing to do this may result in post-race punishment.

@Scott_Aitchison @Indigo @Andrei Ivan @schumizeu @Ronnin1978 @Fersiphion @Armadeira @Adam Summerfield @psico @Johan Engberg @Cheekymunkey78 @Nutzernutzt @LolFish42 @SexySpudflaps @Fbyson @Jezza @Synt @Dobby @Sabba7h @csonor

Reactions: psico

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
I want to ask you to delay with 10 minutes the start of the qualifying for me and @schumizeu , if it is possible.His fly from London to Bucharest is on delay by 1 hour so that's why.
Thank you

• Informative
Reactions: Hooper

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
I want to ask you to delay with 10 minutes the start of the qualifying for me and @schumizeu , if it is possible.His fly from London to Bucharest is on delay by 1 hour so that's why.
Thank you
Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure we can fix this. :)

psico

Pro Karter
Apr 22, 2018
Q: 2
R: DNF

Quali was good not the best lap with traffic 2 times but it was the fastest lap i could do because of the rain later.
As soon as the race started I lost completely the sounds and it didnt worked even with escape button, so it was stupid to drive and hoped it come back (only the turbo that you hear). Later than i thougt i did a wheelspin into the wall but after that: THE SOUND IS BACK, WTF : :D. After that i was drivin for 7 or 8 laps with 2 nice fights and in one lap someone did a risky rejoining track and was forcing me out of the track but nvm, race was over gg :) i knew that a dnf was possible never finished the track online more than 3 times but it was fun the 16 rounds with qualy :D

• Surprised
Reactions: Hooper

Cheekymunkey78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Q: 4
R: 4

What can I say, a bitter sweet race for me. Running in 2nd for 30 laps after the car in front of me spun, then whilst overtaking a back marker there was a large lag spike causing me to spin. No one's fault, No damage and managed to hold on to 4th.

If you offered me 4th before the race I would have bitten your hand off but to get it by loosing 2nd :cry:.

Never mind there is always next week :joyful:.

Reactions: Indigo and Hooper

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 11th
R- 11th

Qualifying lap was horrible, could have gone at least half a second to a second faster. Race start was slow as I was on the hard tyres, I was unlucky to be caught in @Fersiphion's spin causing me to lose part of my front wing, after this I had to convert to a 2 stop strategy. My pace felt good and I felt on for points, but I ended up half spinning and losing around 10 seconds at turn 7. This was annoying as I finished 10 seconds roughly off the points. Highlight of this race was my battle with @Ronnin1978 which was tense but I just managed to finish ahead. My POV is below:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Qualifying - P3???
I had around 10 practice laps on time trial and hadn’t touched the game since Baku. I was lucky to get a decent lap in before the rain.

Race - P5
A solid start off the line but due to lag and a few mistakes saw me down to P8-10ish. I was very consistent and made little to no mistakes. I battled throughout the whole race so it’s hard to really pick out a highlight, but it was very frustrating since my DRS was broken for 90% of the race.. thanks codies. ;)

Anyways, me and @Armadeira are pretty much IDENTICAL on pace I’ve noticed, there has been nothing to separate us during the Baku and this GP. Very well done on the podium.

All and all, great race with intense battles even with DRS issues, thanks for keeping it clean, @Adam Summerfield, @Cheekymunkey78, @Armadeira :)

Last edited:

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Votes are now opened for the Spanish GP Overtake of the Week award :)