PS4 - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix - Sunday 11th November 2018 - 8:00pm (UK Time) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix - Sunday 11th November 2018 - 8:00pm (UK Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobKite

AOR PS4 Ginetta GT5 S1 - Tier 2 Champion & F1 Cod
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Hindsgavl40
- @Elite_sultan

RobKite

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
@organyx , @Dan26, @TheTubbyNinja, @RobKite, @Elite_sultan, @Zuidema, @Diarmo03, @JerseyMet @Tommytherod, @humbo , @ShaunG123, @863feS, @stifler1000, @Hindsgavl40, @REYLAP_93, @BloWnsmokOs, @Oner Schumacher, @HunJackson, @Mcquiz95, @alikemal_05

Heres hoping to get a full Grid. We are getting more drivers interested in Joining the League, so please let me know if you are unable to attend. If you think that you cannot regularly race please let me know as Id like to get a full grid of regular racers.

Thanks

RobKite

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
5. Participation:

5.1 Missing races:

● If you are unable to attend a race, you have to give notice for your absence before the race starts. This is done by informing your League Coordinator of your situation, either by sending them a private message or by making a post in the official race thread in your league's forum section. It is your responsibility to make sure the Coordinator gets your message.

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, a proper reason should be given for why you can't attend. No-showing a race because you don't like the track or other similar reasons are not accepted and will be marked as an uninformed absence.

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, it must be you who contact the Coordinator, not a friend or fellow member of the league. Additionally, sufficient notice should be given. For example, 15 minutes before the lobby is set up is not sufficient notice. Letting the Coordinator know just before the race or after the race will be marked down as uninformed absence unless an acceptable reason is given.

● If you get marked for an uninformed absence, you will be given a reprimand. As per the reprimand system (see section 6.4), accumulating 3 reprimands leads to being removed from the league and placed on the blacklist.

● Getting another driver to race under your name is prohibited and will result in serious punishment.

5.2 Pulling out mid-season:

● If you have to pull out of the league while the season is ongoing, you must inform your League Coordinator about the situation. If you leave by simply not showing up for the races, without informing anyone, you will be placed on the blacklist (see section 6.5 for info about the blacklist).

● It's impossible for us to stop you from leaving if you've made your mind up, but keep in mind when signing up that pulling out of the league without a proper reason while the season is ongoing will see you placed on the blacklist. A proper reason would be something happening in your life that forces you to quit - something that you didn't expect when signing up - or that your equipment (hardware or lag issues) render you unable to carry on. However, choosing to quit due to getting bored of the game, having a bad season or because something goes against you, is not a good reason. Remember, when signing up you commit yourself to racing for a full season, not only for a few races.

● If you find yourself in a situation where you are not enjoying your league because all other drivers are too quick or too slow compared to yourself, contact a member of the F1 Team rather than just giving up, and maybe we can find a solution. We may grant league swaps for drivers during the season if it's clear that they've been misplaced, given that circumstances allow it.

● Note that the above rules only apply while the season is ongoing. We obviously don't have a problem with drivers choosing to leave after a season has finished, for whatever reason.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
@RobKite I'm not gunna make tonight mate, been layed up in bed all day ill

RobKite

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
@Dan26 , @Tommytherod , unless im mistaken, I haven't heard from you to say you were not gonna race tonight. Let me know if you think I am mistaken, however, if not. Please read the information above regarding participation.

Thank you

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 26, 2017
So, this went like last week. Slow but more consistent than quite a few other drivers so I got points. A bit disappointed to finish in P8 this time though. Had I not dropped it in T9 nor had a penalty I could've gotten 7th.

Note the almost Hakkinen in Belgium 2000 move at around 6:30

Reactions: Zuidema

RobKite

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
Q - 11 R - 3

After careful consideration, and others recommendations, I decided to Qualify on the Softs. My first lap on them was a banker but decided to do another as i was already 3 tenths faster in the first corner. Unfortunately, a little mistake though the chicane complex and lost a bit to get a better time. As qualifying finished, some on the super softs got a better time and I slowly fell to 11th.

For the race, with sudden realisation that I could change my tires for the start. I decided to fit a NEW set of softs and go longer, with a one stop to Mediums on around lap 13/14.

As the lights went out @REYLAP_93 appeared to not move and I darted to the left, narrowly missing him and straight under the wing of another driver. Cautiously I made my way through the first few corners firstly trying not to take my front wing off and also not to lose the back end. As a few drivers came tangled I made my way to 7th and settled down to pursue the pack. Slowly a few drivers slid off, span or collected each other and I found myself into 5th. Found @JerseyMet backwards without a front wing at the 2nd DRS point and just about avoided him. Was being chased by @863feS at the end and had saved a bit of fuel and kept the ERS charging most of laps to use on the straight.

Finally finished 3rd and was thankful for that.

Great race guys, Not exactly looking forward to Monaco.. It might be wet for all we know!

Reactions: Zuidema
Status
Not open for further replies.