PC - Round 6 - Austrian Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 6 - Austrian Grand Prix

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 6 - Austrian Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11

Race Information:

Date: Sunday 29th May 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Informed Absences:

@acerees - holiday
@SexySpudflaps - family meal
@allflattious - finishing uni and boozing

Last edited:

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Erm... It's quite late notice, but I'd like to be excused from this race as I've been invited to a house party on Sunday and I don't want to drink and drive. Bernie told me not to. Thanks in advance and good luck for the race. Finishing Uni exams is an awesome feeling :)

On a serious note, I haven't had time to practice for this round anyway, due to exams so I'm honestly doing everyone a favour by not racing (y)
[DOUBLEPOST=1464434684][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll be interested to see how you note down my form of abscence... Allflattious - boozing?

• Informative
Reactions: Steve Jackson

BiffKakan

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2016
Sorry for leaving the race guys, but I'm having the same problem as last week..
My pad just stops working sometimes, I'm using a ps4 controller and a software called input mapper to make it work.
Sometimes the input mapper stops responding and then the game doesnt support my controller, so if I tuch the throttle even a little bit, it goes to 100% right away :(

I was warming for a hour before the race and not a single problem, but when I connected to the online race it just shuts off.
The problem was not as frequently occuring before, but it has gotten worse. Anyone have some tips on how to fix this?

PaulB1991

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 4, 2015
Sorry for leaving the race guys, but I'm having the same problem as last week..
My pad just stops working sometimes, I'm using a ps4 controller and a software called input mapper to make it work.
Sometimes the input mapper stops responding and then the game doesnt support my controller, so if I tuch the throttle even a little bit, it goes to 100% right away :(

I was warming for a hour before the race and not a single problem, but when I connected to the online race it just shuts off.
The problem was not as frequently occuring before, but it has gotten worse. Anyone have some tips on how to fix this?
I have DS4Windows and I've never had a problem with it as long as you tick the hide DS4 controller option. Just make sure you install it and boot it without Steam or uPlay running because it'll have an absolute fit if it does.

• Informative
Reactions: BiffKakan

BiffKakan

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2016
I have DS4Windows and I've never had a problem with it as long as you tick the hide DS4 controller option. Just make sure you install it and boot it without Steam or uPlay running because it'll have an absolute fit if it does.
Yeah I've tried DS4Windows before and I had som issues with that also, did not get it to work as intended in F1. It worked with other games like GTA 5 though.. Thanks for the tip anyways Paul :)

• Friendly
Reactions: PaulB1991

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
For once, I felt that I actually had really good pace today. I lost a lot at the start but there were a few incidents that helped me get back up to 5th, I had a good battle with @Ranger in the first stint and the rest of the race I spent pushing really hard to catch @Punisher. Overall I felt that I could have got a podium if I did not have to pit again at the end for wet tyres. My POV is below:

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
I acutally felt pretty good for the race even with these wet conditions i could have reached the podium without any incidents.
Surprisingly there was no incidient i think in turn 1 ;) but at the straight at about 350 metres to the next corner @CameronB hit me from the right and i spun all around getting back to the last position. I even was so far to the left that nothing could have happened it still happened :(. Thats Racing :).

After this i was able to catch everybody pretty qucik to P7. After the pit stop i was having a pretty good battle with @Neil Bywater . In mid race i had @Ranger 18 seconds ahead of me. Wanted to catch as soon as possible but made some mistakes on track and at the end i missed to take the wet tyres in wet condition and made one extra stop which has taken me from p6 to p9.

At the end on the wets i was surprisingly able to catch up to the 5th @Ranger and overtook him immediately. After this i even overtook the 4th.

Overall a pretty intense and hard battling race which i really enjoyed. Congrats to the winner!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Jens Maul

YouCantTouchThis

Pro Karter
Apr 10, 2016
Dammit I had a fast setup was even able to beat Jens in a practice race and drive a 1:06:9 in TT, but when the rain came I had the genious idea to quickly modify my setup and turned a great setup into a complete catastrophe :banghead:, so the block on the straight finish line by Iceman during the Qualifing didnt even matter in the end.
After I realisied that the setup is in heavy rain with full wets so uncontrollable that I had to park my car almost every lap to not block anybody and still a few drivers were very close to a heavy crash because of the difficult conditions... I left so I wont ruin anybodys race...
Congratulations @Jens Maul

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Jens Maul

schumizeu

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 10, 2016
Also someone hit me @Partyfuchs in the same way and I can only supose who was it because I have no proof. I kept the left section of the track all the straight to turn 2 and sudenly i am being hit by someone in the rear left tyre. Maybe someone who recorded from behind us could upload their video. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.