Aug 11, 2016
Round 6 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Tactician109

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
Man oh man, am I hoping for some rain. Which is obviously pretty common in the UK so there's a good chance for wet sessions. I find it incredibly difficult to nail a good qualifying lap in Silverstone, mainly because of the awesome but equally frightening Maggotts-Becketts section. Race pace is much more consistent but I'm still afraid that this track may not suit me. Definitely one of the tracks that requires a good flow to success. But yeah, let there be rain!

PS: What's our policy regarding the exit of turn 15 (Stowe)? I think there's lots of potential to gain time by extending the track limits, at least in Grand Prix mode.

Last edited:

Peter Stockwin

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 25, 2017
Man oh man, am I hoping for some rain. Which is obviously pretty common in the UK so there's a good chance for wet sessions. I find it incredibly difficult to nail a good qualifying lap in Silverstone, mainly because of the awesome but equally frightening Maggotts-Becketts section. Race pace is much more consistent but I'm still afraid that this track may not suit me. Definitely one of the tracks that requires a good flow to success. But yeah, let there be rain!

PS: What's our policy regarding the exit of turn 15 (Stowe)? I think there's lots of potential to gain time by extending the track limits, at least in Grand Prix mode.
Drivers are expected not to abuse an exploit in the game, should a driver gain time every lap due to this then you can take them to the stewards

Peter Stockwin

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 25, 2017
I’m hoping for another good result! It’s not one of my favourite tracks, particaurly on a pad, but I’m just looking forward to getting out there and racing on Sunday! Good luck to everyone participating!

Jan 22, 2018

"In qualifying, if you go outside the track limits in a way that doesn't clearly lose you time, you are expected to lift off the throttle to clearly negate any potential advantage gained. If the cut is major, the lap should be aborted. Failing to do this may result in post-race punishment."

I think we all should upload our qualifying lap after the race.

Tactician109

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
"In qualifying, if you go outside the track limits in a way that doesn't clearly lose you time, you are expected to lift off the throttle to clearly negate any potential advantage gained. If the cut is major, the lap should be aborted. Failing to do this may result in post-race punishment."

I think we all should upload our qualifying lap after the race.
I'd agree with that, but I don't know if it's feasible since it was agreed that we wouldn't have mandatory qualifying for the whole season.

DemoN

rFactor 2 General Overseer
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
With regards to mandatory qualifying: hell no. Something that I cannot stand.

I expect you all to purposely try and stay within the track limits at all times. If you find yourself noticing you have left the track on a quali lap where there is a potential it has caused you to gain time, you are expected to back off from the lap. If you watch your lap back though and notice you're a millimetre outside the track limits then personally I couldn't care less. That's not what racing is about to me.

Tactician109

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
In practice I noticed you lose more time when you exceed at Stowe so there's no reason for me to make use of that run off area
I think it depends on the line you take for the corner. If you turn in early and take a tight line, there's definitely some gains to be made by using the run off area. Taking a wide line and a late turn in probably doesn't make you any faster though. But yeah, @DemoN gave a good clarification on the matter.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 29, 2015
Excited for this race. I like the track it’s very flowing which requires a lot of consistency. I’m hoping it’s dry for both sessions tbh.

Aug 2, 2016
Massive probs again to @Tactician109 to not overtake @xTheHEaglex despite him disconnecting and leaving him vulnerable at the last lap!

One Question do I have got: Because of that backing up from Tactician, it allowed all the drivers behind @XCaribbeanCrushX to catch up. I´ve got a 5 sec penalty due to speeding in the pitlane, so originally I would´ve been demoted to P4 as I was, chased by xCarribeanCrushx, in P3. Now that all the other drivers couldn´t know that we were slowing down porpusely, they catched up and with that penalty awarded, I´ve been demoted to P6. So I would be happy if I know in which position I finally ended the race. I would say P4 because obviously everyone behind us were catching us by about 10 seconds in the last lap while we were waiting up for xTheHEaglex´s AI to cross the finish line.

Should I do a post at the Stewards Panel to clarify this issue? I´m a little bit confused right now

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018
Yeah, I'll take that

Qualifying Position: 2nd
Finishing Position: 2nd

Coming into this race weekend, I knew I'd probably be in the podium battle after many successful race simulations in practice. As I said in my little preview, I was really hoping for some rain as I felt supremely confident in wet conditions throughout the entire week and my wish was granted as the qualifying session began with intermediate conditions.

After some failed qualy sessions in the early races, I wanted to have a clean, error-free qualifying. Those hopes were soon crushed when I went out for the second time and realized that I wouldn't have time to do 2 timed laps that I had planned beforehand. Thus I had to do a very slow out-lap and try to run the clock down as much as I can to get an optimal run in the wet. The lap itself was actually pretty good though that left me 3rd behind @xTheHEaglex and @DemoN, who stamped his authority with a godlike, Senna-esque lap time of 1.20 and crushing us mere mortals by 20 seconds. Jokes aside, 2nd place was a good place to start.

Race start was slightly delayed by the pure shock that Demon's pole position caused to the rest of the grid so there was time to think strategy and setups. I decided to not try any tricks though due to the good track position and just bolted the supersofts on as per usual. The start was decent, maybe slightly better than what Eagle had in front of me but he made sure that I wouldn't get alongside him in turn 3 and hence I just took the first few corners carefully while maintaining position.

"Cagey" is the word I'd use to define my performance in the first stint. I couldn't find proper confidence with my car, especially in sector 2 on those supersofts and that gave Eagle a healthy 2-3 second advantage before first pit stops. I was able to keep @XCaribbeanCrushX behind me though so that gave me enough space to drive flat out. Eagle took the lunge into the pits by lap 8 and now that I think about it, I probably should have took the pit stop at the same lap. I stayed on the track for one extra lap though and when I got back out on the softs, I was around 4 seconds behind Eagle with only one objective left in the race - catch him.

Softs were working wonderfully and I gained the confidence that I was missing in my first stint. I was absolutely on the attack but despite my best efforts, Eagle was having one hell of a race and kept me in the leash. In fact, I believe we had exactly the same pace for about 10 laps in our second stints as the interval between us was stuck in 4-4.5 seconds. In the last 5 laps or so, I knew there was nothing to gain and nothing to lose so the final laps were only about bringing the car home in a race that, quite honestly, was pretty boring from my point of view. That is, until the last lap as something happened.

Eagle, having completely dominated the race from start to finish, disconnected from the race with just one lap remaining and I became worried that it would cost him the victory. I didn't know how fast his AI would drive the car so I slowed down a lot as I assessed my options. I'm all for fair play so I definitely wanted to let Eagle win a race he 100% deserved to win. My worry was that I would ruin the battle @Vettel_Racer_5 and CaribbeanCrush were having and the pair did catch up to me by the end of the second sector. Thankfully, both of them understood the magnitude of the situation and eventually the four of us crawled to the finish line behind Eagle's AI car.

Overall, I'm happy how things worked out and justice was served. I believe 2nd place correctly represented my race pace as I had no answer to Eagle's mighty pace but was pretty comfortable against the rest of the field. Congrats go to Eagle for the race win and CaribbeanCrush for the podium. Also, best regards to @Peter Stockwin who had to miss out but I'm sure he'll be back even stronger in the next races. See you in Hungary!

Mar 30, 2018
Massive probs again to @Tactician109 to not overtake @xTheHEaglex despite him disconnecting and leaving him vulnerable at the last lap!

One Question do I have got: Because of that backing up from Tactician, it allowed all the drivers behind @XCaribbeanCrushX to catch up. I´ve got a 5 sec penalty due to speeding in the pitlane, so originally I would´ve been demoted to P4 as I was, chased by xCarribeanCrushx, in P3. Now that all the other drivers couldn´t know that we were slowing down porpusely, they catched up and with that penalty awarded, I´ve been demoted to P6. So I would be happy if I know in which position I finally ended the race. I would say P4 because obviously everyone behind us were catching us by about 10 seconds in the last lap while we were waiting up for xTheHEaglex´s AI to cross the finish line.

Should I do a post at the Stewards Panel to clarify this issue? I´m a little bit confused right now
I would definitely explain the situation to the Stewards if I were you. It would only be fair that you get your 4th position back. Maybe ask Demon first though.

Junddu

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2018

Yea you definitely deserve P4 and its ok to me.
I hope that everyone drives in the future flat out to the end of the race even if the leader have connection problems. It is much easier to compensate points to one driver instead of the whole grid.
It is not fair to those who is fighting for positions that the drivers in front of them starts to slow down.
Great that people have good sportmanship but i hope this kind of situations would be investigated after the race in the future.

Mar 30, 2018
It seems like @Vettel_Racer_5 has to settle for 6th unfortunately and I'd like to apologize to him for technically causing it. Had I known that he had a penalty that would have messed up the finishing times and positions, I may have reconsidered my actions during the final lap. I'd also like to clarify that had there been 2 laps left to go, I certainly would have not slowed down to let Eagle win. But as it was, I felt like there was room for his AI car to bring the car home without affecting others' races too much. Overall, I feel like this was a freak accident and I hope these unfortunate circumstances don't repeat in the future.