May 24, 2017
Round 6 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Klauuiii
@Snook
@Rienk
@Niek van Gelder
@Raidersky

Penalties:
Qualifying Ban - @Dazzy Oz

Last edited:

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hi All,
@Dazzy Oz @Raidersky @Niek van Gelder @PiekarzPotato @trumpa94 @T-Havok @teunvanberkel @Kiinako @Rienk @Ping2High @DackeBerg @Kreosteijn @Snook @Klauuiii @FraGioco9 @Thomas Schmidt @Flaf @RichyB @Borderline @Portex @Póstás Delfin

I would like to bring your attention to the following rules, The league owners and stewards are starting to crack down on a few certain issues that are apparant throughout every split,

I have highlighted the particular areas where our split is currently falling down, and to show that these are actually enforcable rules and not just unspoken rules,

I dont want you to feel like im treating anyone like babies or micro managing or anything along those lines, Im simply giving you guys a heads up that our league owners and stewards will be taking these seriously.

"3. General Behaviour:

3.2 Lobby etiquette:
● Only the Coordinator - or the lobby host after consulting with the Coordinator - will start the lobby, continue over to the race and start the race. So please, as a normal driver, do not press the button which initiates the timer. This is to ensure that all the drivers are present, and also that all necessary screenshots of the results can be taken.

Every race this season somebody has started the race without myself confirming everyone is ready, Going forward this is to be reported to the league owners stewards via the race report and could end up getting yourself a Reprimand/Penalty,

3.3 Race etiquette:
● If you are involved in an on-track incident, don't overreact. It may be frustrating, but you need to stay calm and get on with it. Losing out due to another driver's mistake or recklessness is no excuse for retaliation or acting against the rules.

We had a few complaints regarding too much talking after an incident between myself and @Niek van Gelder when he was continuallly appologising, Whilst this is adminirable and appreciated, many drivers commented after the race they did not need to hear it and its distracting, a point was brough forward if this was actually distracting to other drives. Well to quash that, it is actually an enforcable rule of which i will be reporting going forwards in the race reports to the league owners.

3.4 Quitting the race:

● Deliberately quitting the race in any way (whether that is by quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified or deliberately crashing your car) is notallowed. Regardless of how frustrating your race has been, you should always remain in the lobby until the end of the race. This is because of potential problems caused for other drivers when a car gets abandoned, such as the car driving around as an ghosted AI, the car parking at the side of the track and remaining there for the duration of the race, yellow flags or a safety car being triggered, and other potential connection instability and bugs.

● The above rule can only be ignored in the case of an emergency - such as something important and/or unexpected forcing you to leave your screen, or that you're clearly a danger to other drivers on track due to connection issues or inability to drive properly. Quitting due to being angry at something or having a poor race - rage-quitting, in other words - is not a valid reason.

● If you do have to leave the lobby during the race due to an emergency, you must park your car in a safe spot on track before retiring from the session. This is to avoid your AI car taking over and potentially causing dangerous situations for the other drivers in the race. Drivers who leave the lobby without retiring first will be severely penalised. Note: This does not apply to legitimate disconnections.

The Stewards are pushing this rule recently, If you DNF. either by a collision with someone else, or by yourself, you are to remain in the lobby to maintain a stable lobby, If you have to leave the race for whatever reason, you are to drive into the pits and select the retire option from the pause menu, Ive seen a few AI cars in our split this season and going forwards i have to report it, So please do not disconnect from the lobby unless its an emergency etc.

3.5 Forum activity:

● You need to be an active member on the AOR forum while being a driver in our leagues. We aren't forcing you to make several posts every day, but we prefer drivers who are involved with the community. We will occasionally check how long it has been since a driver has been logged into his forum account - if you have been inactive on the forum for a long time, you may be removed from the league.

Two stewards enquiries were delayed this week and last week due to no activity from the members who had been reported. You must make sure you login on the monday or tuesday or a race to ensure you have not been reported to the stewards, and if you have comment with your side of the story etc..

If you want to familiarise your self with all the rules, you can do so here:
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-f1-2017-leagues-season-15.31505/

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
I suggest everyone posts a "reaction" to the above post (thumbs up, like, "faff" or whatever) so we can see who have read the post. So we know who actually is active on the forum. It's not a hard task to just check your alerts twice in a week. You even get an e-mail when you are tagged, so you know when you certainly have to take a look.

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
My internet is down since yesterday and it doesn't look like it is going to get fixed soon. By the looks of things, I won't be able to race tonight.

FYI @Jipper

• Informative
Reactions: Jipper

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
I'm gonna have to skip this one as well @Jipper. I'm just heading home from waking up at 5 am and spending the entire day at Zandvoort. I'd have literally 10 minutes to prepare, and I'm exhausted as ****. I'd just be a danger on track tbh.

Sorry for the late notice.

• Informative

Niek van Gelder

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2015
I’m sorry but I can’t make this one today, feels bad since this is my favorite track on the calendar but it is how it is, good luck everyone!

• Informative

FraGioco9

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 25, 2018
Ok this has been the worst race ever in league racing.
First of all, the video has only a few frames of the race, so I don't have any footage of the race.
I got a stop&go penalty for an illegal overtake on @Kiinako when no one was near me; when going off the track in order to avoid spinning cars I got 2 warnings, so 16 seconds in total (3 seconds are fair) and I can't even appeal them, THANKS CODEMASTERS!

Thomas Schmidt

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 18, 2018
Hey guys,

i apologize for pressing the race start button. Im not 100% sure, but i think i caused it. Sry for that!

Other than that, i hate the game! Last lape it showed me all of my penalties at once. I got no warning during the race whatsoever.... :/

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
I got a stop&go penalty for an illegal overtake on @Kiinako when no one was near me
You were desynced for me mate, blame the game :/
----
Firstly, WHAT. Secondly, THE F*CK? was going on in this race. This was bullshit from start to finish. First lap, somebody doesn't know how to break, ruins my wing. Before the end of the first stint, I made what basically was a Trulli train, and when I made a mistake just outside the big esses, where everyone was hellbent on squeezing me or running me off the track or pick your poison. It also didn't help that I had two desynced friends, and that probably my setup was bugged again where I couldn't even get into 30's. @teunvanberkel , sorry, but pick your fucking fights properly and don't just rofldive as you wish. I could have just as well not given you any space and made you land into the sand.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
This race was a freaking joke for me. Just reviewed all the footage I wanted to, but whoever I accused of something, please don't take it personally. Now that I've reviewed it, I guess it was my fault. I went for some gaps which weren't there. I hope for some decent rain next time, coz I seem to be faster there.

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
About the unserved stop-go penalties:

If you get a stop-go penalty that you don't serve during the race, the game will award you an extra penalty for not serving it, which effectively doubles your stop-go penalty time. This shouldn't happen: in real life F1 if you finish with a 5 second stop-go penalty, then 5 seconds is added to your time, not 10. In the cases in AOR where these penalties were brought to the stewards to review, they always decided to remove the 'extra' penalty.

However, the game (usually) doesn't add the extra penalty to the finishing times on the results screen. For example: if you have an unserved 5 second stop-go penalty, the game will add 5 seconds to your time and then say that you had 10 seconds worth of penalties. So the finishing positions and times are actually correct, the amount of penalties displayed is not.

And finally, to make it really confusing: what the game shows isn't actually the same for everyone. Most people will see the (correct) 5 seconds added to the time, but some can see both penalties (10 seconds) added to the times and some actually see no penalties added at all. Example: my results screen for this race said that @trumpa94 finished only 3 seconds behind @Portex with 13 seconds of penalties (neither penalty was applied).

1526851059532.png

Those that finish without any penalties always get to see the 'correct' finishing times (stop-go time applied, extra penalty is not). As @Jipper finished without any penalties this race, his results screen should have the correct finishing positions for everyone.

Reactions: trumpa94 and Snook

Portex

S15 AOR PC F5 Champion
Apr 16, 2018
About the unserved stop-go penalties:

If you get a stop-go penalty that you don't serve during the race, the game will award you an extra penalty for not serving it, which effectively doubles your stop-go penalty time. This shouldn't happen: in real life F1 if you finish with a 5 second stop-go penalty, then 5 seconds is added to your time, not 10. In the cases in AOR where these penalties were brought to the stewards to review, they always decided to remove the 'extra' penalty.

However, the game (usually) doesn't add the extra penalty to the finishing times on the results screen. For example: if you have an unserved 5 second stop-go penalty, the game will add 5 seconds to your time and then say that you had 10 seconds worth of penalties. So the finishing positions and times are actually correct, the amount of penalties displayed is not.

And finally, to make it really confusing: what the game shows isn't actually the same for everyone. Most people will see the (correct) 5 seconds added to the time, but some can see both penalties (10 seconds) added to the times and some actually see no penalties added at all. Example: my results screen for this race said that @trumpa94 finished only 3 seconds behind @Portex with 13 seconds of penalties (neither penalty was applied).

View attachment 48134

Those that finish without any penalties always get to see the 'correct' finishing times (stop-go time applied, extra penalty is not). As @Jipper finished without any penalties this race, his results screen should have the correct finishing positions for everyone.
The more confusing is, that the 3 second penalty of trumpa has been added (He was 0.176 seconds behind me). But the 10 seconds wheren't added.
Good game Codemasters

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Even though I started 1st and finished 6th, I actually had a really good race. I drove very consistently and didn't make any mistakes, but just didn't have the pace to fight for the win in dry conditions. I managed to stay within a second of first place during the first stint, but then I pitted for mediums and got passed by those behind me on (super)softs.

The more confusing is, that the 3 second penalty of trumpa has been added (He was 0.176 seconds behind me). But the 10 seconds wheren't added.
Good game Codemasters
Yeah, the corner cut penalties are always applied correctly for everyone, it's just the stop-go penalties that mess everything up.

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Q: P10
R: P8

Again another wet qualy but dry race! i really struggle to use dry setups in the rain so again i didnt fair very well at all

The race was pretty much a bust from the offset for me, I forgot to change my front wing setting from qually to the race (about the only thing you can change with parc ferme) so i was much slower on the straights until id pitted, but also i had front wing damage from the end of Lap 2, this hurt me massively at copse and maggots and becketts, i was losing atleast 1 second a lap and so it was a pretty frustrating race for me,

I could have changed wing during the pit stop but the wing damage was green so i didn't think it was going to hurt me as much as it ended up doing in the end and losing the track position for the 7-8 second pit stop didnt seem worth it, Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

POV:

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
While watching my replay, I noticed... Who knocked the pit speed limit board?
1526893447263.png