PS4 - Round 6 - British Grand Prix [20/05/2018 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 6 - British Grand Prix [20/05/2018 8PM UK]

VSR Davidben

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Yeah it would only have been a bonus anyway. Target was P7 before the race as well.
to be honest I incurred 6secs of penalties, granted 3sec was for avoiding a crash at T4 but I still think 3sec would put me behind you, my target was to get into the points so either way im happy.

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Practice:
I was right on the pace from the very start so was feeling confident going into this GP. The GP predictor filled me with confidence aswell. I managed to set a 1:27.3 in practice. However the setup was lightning in Qually but with a high fuel load it was far too twitchy and would almost certainly end up in a DNF.

Race Day: I did not want to race I had the mother of all hangovers. A few practice laps before hand and I was half a second off my start of the week pace great.

Qually: P3
With the changes made to my setup for the race I knew I had sacrificed 2 tenths and so my target was a 27.5 to my surprise that's exactly what I done. I maximised Qually and it gave me a 2nd row start.

Race: P3
Got off to a clean start everyone around me seemed to do so aswell. My aim was to try and split the 2 Saubers by the first sector. It wasn't to be and I sat behind @tough_2_handle with @Tincan394 breathing down my neck for the first stint, the dirty air was causing havoc I could close up but couldn't get past I could see he was struggling with the SS and so I went the extra lap to aim for the overcut.
I came out the pits with one lap fresher tyres than @tough_2_handle and immediately piled on the pressure I could see @Tigaby was out of position and hoping he would hold up the sauber and allow me to get past. The dirty air played into my hands and slowed the sauber down. I piled on the pressure and got passed in the next lap. I tried a few times to back the saver up into the Mercedes so they would battle and But me some time but they kept on charging and from then on I couldn't escape. The whole race @tough_2_handle and @Tincan394 and myself were no more than a second apart. My tyres were gone by lap 15 and I just had to make that Renault as wide as possible. I had no pace and was a sitting duck. The most tense AOR race I've had to date.

Apologies for the Harry Potter Book.

My footage later tonight, producing the video then later upload
Man that was intense .. watching myself in a half a second sandwich for 13 laps!!!
How to promote an overtake for OOTW? @DON SILVA

Reactions: S40TYD

S40TYD

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 18, 2017
My footage later tonight, producing the video then later upload
Man that was intense .. watching myself in a half a second sandwich for 13 laps!!!
How to promote an overtake for OOTW? @DON SILVA

That was an insane move I thought you were far enough back so I switched back to the racing line haha. Plus your tyres were a lap older. Must have been driving on the sidewalls with that move. :p

HiippariLate

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 3, 2018
Q: p8 messed up big time in my second lap, luckily my banker saved me that top 10 position.

R: p8 collided with somebody on lap one which dropped me down to last and a good 5 senconds of the pack. Started to climb my way back up, but in a fight with @Thomasbrxwn I did a half spin and lost a decent amount of time. And when I sped into the pit-lane I knew I wasn't gonna finish as high as I hoped for. In the last couple of laps I was chasing down @pepper_F1 but because he was so close to the car ahead I didn't wanna ruin a possible battle knowing my 16 seconds worth of penalties. Overall wasn't really excpecting much from this race since I was having hard time finding consistency on pad around here.

S40TYD

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 18, 2017
Q: p8 messed up big time in my second lap, luckily my banker saved me that top 10 position.

R: p8 collided with somebody on lap one which dropped me down to last and a good 5 senconds of the pack. Started to climb my way back up, but in a fight with @Thomasbrxwn I did a half spin and lost a decent amount of time. And when I sped into the pit-lane I knew I wasn't gonna finish as high as I hoped for. In the last couple of laps I was chasing down @pepper_F1 but because he was so close to the car ahead I didn't wanna ruin a possible battle knowing my 16 seconds worth of penalties. Overall wasn't really excpecting much from this race since I was having hard time finding consistency on pad around here.

That's a shame you were rapid in practice

VSR Davidben

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
My PoV..enjoyed this one, albeit a bit lucky that some of you faster guys crashed out, as unfortunate as that was.

Reactions: pepper_F1