PC - Round 6 - Canadian Grand Prix [28/05/2017 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 6 - Canadian Grand Prix [28/05/2017 08:00PM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamC6

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 21, 2017
Disappointed, I was in 1st and pitted for dry tires but didn't select my tires quick enough causing me to have intermediates again and having to pit again next lap. Came out the pits in 3rd place and managed to pass 2nd but straight away knocked off my front wing meaning I had to pit again. Came out in 6th and managed to overtake 5th and 4th. 4th isn't bad but I know I could of got p1 if it wasn't for me messing up the tire selection.

Congrats to @Caffa

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Hmmm, not sure how to feel.

Qualified in P8, managed to make a couple positions up around the first corner but got caught up in the collision with @Putttee and Aschumi, and as we tried to get back onto the track Aschumi hit me again, putting me into another spin.

First lap incidents happen, that's fine, I can fight back. That is, until I pit for inters but don't get the message to my crew in time and so I have to pit again the lap after for inters. Nightmare.

Start to make up some places again, until I'm alongside aschumi on the inside, and he swipes over to the right, I assume either one of us was lagging or he didn't realise I was on his inside, and I hit the inside of the corner and go into a spin again, with front wing damage.

Got onto dry tyres, and fought back to a reasonable position again, but @ChriStoffel , who was lagging, gives me a knock and puts me into another spin. Don't blame him for it, clearly one of us was lagging badly, but he waited for me anyway I think, so thanks for that. :)

Ended up in P9, wanted better, but my pace was good throughout, I was staying with @schumizeu when he was in first and lapped me, even unlapped myself for a while. Had a terrible race in terms of luck though, but oh well. I'll probably upload a video at some point.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Partyfuchs

Mr. Biggles

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 25, 2017
Qualifying: P6 - To little hot laps
After a good inter time i went in to do another inter run but should have stayed in and waited as this meant i only got 1 flying lap in in the drys. Was enough for p6 though so not to upset for it.

Race: 10th (crashed on last lap out of last corner) - Wets(lap 5)/Inters(lap 14)/Soft(lap 16)\Soft(END)
Start - I got a great start on and went up 2 places (i seem to have great starts so thats nice) and got past @MAGNUSSEN later in the lap.
lap 4 -is where it all started going wrong!! Got a bad exit of the hairpin and then defending against @Kevviee07 i got the chicane all wrong and got a 5 sec stop go penalty for it. so when i put next lap for inters he got ahead of me in clean air and i came out directly behind 2 people on the wets which i lost like 3 seconds in the lap trying to get past them.
Lap 8 - MY GAME MINIMISED IT SELF!!!!! i froze on track and had lost 2 paces to @caffah and @MAGNUSSEN when i tabbed back in
lap 14 - Because of all my time i lost when the leader at the time @schumizeu pit early for dry tires he came out directly infront of me but he didnt have any traction yet i couldnt get past, so was stuck behind him the whole lap until the hairpin. After this the engineer suggested to swap to drys so i did. I came out the pits Directly behind another car yet again. this time it was @MAGNUSSEN who pit earlier, yet after turn 2 @Kevviee07 had spun and when going round him his front wing just clipped by back wheel and i spun round and lost half my front win. I stayed out for a lap to see how it was but turn 8 a lap later was understeer so i went and hit the wall which lost the other half of my wing so it was back to the pits for me.
I came out the pits, Just infront of another car this time. It was @Kevviee07 again who had had to pit him self to fix his car. We battled untill we caught up with @Ronnin1978 but thats when he managed to get past me and then i battled with @Ronnin1978 Until lap 32 where i had a awful lap and hit the wall multiple times damaging my front wing and loosing 4 seconds.
The last lap i was behind @TheVerenzak but was struggling with my damaged wing and then in the final corner of the race i lost the back end and went in to the wall along side the pit lane ending my race 200M from the line. I was lucky that everybody from p11 backwards had been lapped so i only lost 1 place to @Aladar to put me p10.

If i had a clean last 5 laps i could have managed to get p5 with all the penaltys everyone got but alass it wasn't meant to be.

Overall im lucky to even get a point.
I dont think i can get top 3 in the championship anymore if i continue like this.
Good battling @Ronnin1978
Congrats to the podium finishers 1st: @Caffah (again) 2nd: @schumizeu 3rd: @MAGNUSSEN

Reactions: MAGNUSSEN

ChriStoffel

Pro Karter
Feb 22, 2017
@ChriStoffel , who was lagging, gives me a knock and puts me into another spin.
Yeah, really sorry about that, had horrible lag for 3 or 4 laps in the middle of the race, which resulted in front wing damage. Was trying to move out of your way but just misjudged how close you were with my lag.

Really disappointing race for me, felt I had the pace in quali to get around P8 or 9, but lost time at the final chicane with @Hinyaldee 's accident and ended up 13th. Race started ok, was running round behind @Connor Park until he lost the rear end and clipped me (no blame, we were all struggling for grip). Time came to pit for slicks, 51 mph on pit entry, drive through, really frustrating as that would have meant I was 11th, with a chance for points. As mentioned earlier, horrible lag in the middle of the race, completely ruined any chance I had of getting anywhere decent, damaged front wing which meant I locked up on pit entry... and got another drive through. Race was basically over, but ran around in 14th until the last lap when I dropped it and Connor got ahead of me.

One of these days, I might actually have a decent race...

Connor Park

Pro Karter
Jul 8, 2016
Pretty meh overall...

Quali - 10th
So qulai went the way I wanted it to tbh, apart from the time when i went a lap to far and ran out of fuel, embarrassing sort of.
My lap on the inters a the start felt fast and then the dry lap at the end of the session was good but definitely perfect

Race - 14th
So the start of the race I was being sooo cautious as it was raining heavily, the first few laps went well not too many issues apart form when my wheel AGAIN messes up causing me to pause and loose a few positions as it re-calibrates. So I went from starting 10th to getting up to 8th by the end of the second lap, and because of the wheel issues I end up 12th, which isn't too bad. Then damaging my front wing in the wall of champions on that same lap. From then on I was ok setting sort of consistent lap times. L6 I pit for inters with a front wing change which just didn't make any difference but make my pit stop slower. And then the penalties start coming as I start to push. By lap 13 I just completely died in sector 1 because idk and again damaging my front wing. Once I got onto the dries I went straight to the softs as I wasn't fast enough to do 2 ultra soft stints (if that was even possible) Then my pace felt great, slowly gaining on the people ahead. But a stupid mistake of putting too much throttle down at the exit of turn 2 lead to into the wall, losing my front wing AGAIN, I was soo angry for a couple of seconds but I just kept driving after 1 last pit stop to get another set of softs to go the tend of the race. Then remembering I had 12 seconds of penalties (it's just terrible I know) Overall despite the penalties I would say I had an ok race... I need to improve though. And also congrats to the podium finishers 1st: @Caffah (again) 2nd: @schumizeu 3rd: @MAGNUSSEN

Video will be up soon
[DOUBLEPOST=1496090066][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, really sorry about that, had horrible lag for 3 or 4 laps in the middle of the race, which resulted in front wing damage. Was trying to move out of your way but just misjudged how close you were with my lag.

Really disappointing race for me, felt I had the pace in quali to get around P8 or 9, but lost time at the final chicane with @Hinyaldee 's accident and ended up 13th. Race started ok, was running round behind @Connor Park until he lost the rear end and clipped me (no blame, we were all struggling for grip). Time came to pit for slicks, 51 mph on pit entry, drive through, really frustrating as that would have meant I was 11th, with a chance for points. As mentioned earlier, horrible lag in the middle of the race, completely ruined any chance I had of getting anywhere decent, damaged front wing which meant I locked up on pit entry... and got another drive through. Race was basically over, but ran around in 14th until the last lap when I dropped it and Connor got ahead of me.

One of these days, I might actually have a decent race...
Yeah sorry about clipping you, my bad.

Reactions: MAGNUSSEN

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 11th
Didn't manage to get a proper lap in, so only did a 15.1 when I probably could've done a high 13. Was quite disappointed because I really felt like I had good pace.

Race: 8th
So my race; the first few laps were ****. The middle part of the race was preeeetty good. The last few laps were **** again.

At the start I overtook a few cars and was up to 7th. Was behind @Partyfuchs and absolutely slamdunked into his gearbox, which lost me part of my front wing but I don't even think he really noticed.
Luckily didn't lose any places, but it did cost me quite some time because I messed up T1 and had to cut T2, which gave me a 5s time penalty.
On L4 I broke a little bit too late for the last chicane and decided in a split second I might aswell pit. The track was drying anyway. So I went into the pits, luckily they put me on the intermediates or else this would've been become a real expensive joke. I was stationairy for 14 seconds, penalty + new front wing.
After my first stop everything started to get a lot better, I pitted at the right time for the inters and had real good pace on them.
On Lap 8 I got close to my teammate @Smu3l3y and wasn't able to pass him until a few laps later.
On Lap 13 I made my second stop and went onto the supersofts. I hadn't done any tyrewear tests, so I really didn't know if they were gonna last me until the end, but I was barely fighting for points at this point, so didn't mind taking a gamble. And oh boy, how it almost turned out so good.
Pretty much everyone else was on softs, so I had a few tenths per lap on them. At this point I was again behind @Partyfuchs, it took a couple of laps but finally lap 22 I was able to get past him into P4. I knew @AdamC6 was coming up behind me on fresh Ultras (and he just is faster than me) and thus was counting on a P5 finish, which I would've happily accepted at any time during this race. Surprisingly I was able to fight him off for a few laps until L28 when he finally got past me and blasted off into the sunset :p
With 6 laps to go I felt pretty confident in myself I was gonna finish 5th, but my tyres suddenly dropped off the absolute earth and Partyfuchs got close to me and eventually overtook me. At the start of L34 I hit his rear gearbox and had to cut T2 to get back on track, which gained me another 5 second penalty (which I'll try to get removed :) ) ánd I dropped down to P8. Right now, @Mr. Biggles was right on my gearbox and pushing quite hard for the last 2 laps. Luckily for me though I was able to stay in front of him.

In the end, I was quite happy with my pace and the strategy choices I made. Am disappointed I didn't get the result I could've gotten had I been more aware of what was happening in front of me. But oh well, that's racing I guess. :)

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016
What happened on the last corner for you?
I my opinion you were on the outside and you give me a push into the wall of shame. But with no video from my side is hard to accuse you of something. I knew I had a few penalties and I didn't push to hard or tried to block you, but you were pushing to hard trying to pass me into the last corner of the race. This could end very bad for (with a terminal damage) but I preffered to break hard and lose 5-10 seconds rather than force and cause a bigger incident that could end badly for both of us.

Being my first decent result in AOR leagues I am satisfied with my second place in the Canadian GP.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I my opinion you were on the outside and you give me a push into the wall of shame. But with no video from my side is hard to accuse you of something. I knew I had a few penalties and I didn't push to hard or tried to block you, but you were pushing to hard trying to pass me into the last corner of the race. This could end very bad for (with a terminal damage) but I preffered to break hard and lose 5-10 seconds rather than force and cause a bigger incident that could end badly for both of us.

Being my first decent result in AOR leagues I am satisfied with my second place in the Canadian GP.
If you run nVidia GTX6xx or higher use the newest driver & GFE 'share' recording (Shadowplay) it is much better than the older versions that caused issues with F1.

Reactions: schumizeu

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016
If you run nVidia GTX6xx or higher use the newest driver & GFE 'share' recording (Shadowplay) it is much better than the older versions that caused issues with F1.
Thank you Jay, i will try it

Status
Not open for further replies.