PC - Round 6 - Canadian Grand Prix [28/05/2017 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 6 - Canadian Grand Prix [28/05/2017 8:00 pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 6 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 28th May 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @maxafc46
- @nicknoname777

Last edited:

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
This fantastic piece of asphalt is one of my favourite circuits in F1 :love:

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Unfortunatly I am not going to be at uni this weekend so going to have to miss the race; shame as i missed Canada in Season 12 and I do really like this track

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

Veloce_Primero

Formula Karter
May 8, 2017
Is it possible to join AOR in the middle of the season? And if that's possible can i compete in this race?

I play f1 2016 on pc.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Is it possible to join AOR in the middle of the season? And if that's possible can i compete in this race?

I play f1 2016 on pc.
Yes you can join mid-season although you would be a reserve unless there is a space in your tier, which looking at your TT times i'm guessing would be split 4, just wait for a co-ordinator to place you in a split i believe and if there is a space i guess you would be able to race in Canada. Correct me if i'm wrong anywhere here @FisiFan91 ?

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
How is corner cutting stewarding going to be implamented here when the majority of the field doesn't upload?

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
How is corner cutting stewarding going to be implamented here when the majority of the field doesn't upload?
I am not racing but i would say that around Canada although you can cut and get and a little bit of time gain in the race at least, aggressive cuts right up to the limit is going to result in a number of corner cutting penalties as you are bound to misjudge it a little a few times. So the only real issue is Quali where my opinion would be drive to the games rules as although these do allow a fair amount of kerb to be taken on corners with short apexes the rules are enforced consistently in my experience.

nicknoname777

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 23, 2014
Hey guys,
Sorry for announcing this so late, and having to do this for the second week in a row, but i wont be able to compete again. Im having a birthdaydiner for my fathers birthday today so we're going out for the night. I really hope this wil be the last time this season and my appologies.

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
2 days since you said this and I still can't get my head round how this track is on the calendar.
Lots of people voted for it for some reason (2nd most voted I think in the community poll)... I don't like it either.

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Lots of people voted for it for some reason (2nd most voted I think in the community poll)... I don't like it either.
I was meaning more from a point of view of the horrendous corner cutting

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
I have some points i want to bring up with you guys.

1. Rain sucks balls. And we have it all the time.
2. Rain is ridiculously unlogical in this game. Stops raining and gets sunny. -stays wet for the rest of the race-
3. Its a f*********************** lottery.
4. The racing gets bad.
5. Canada is the worst track ever for leagueracing. I dont have anything against the track itself. But it just doesnt fit due to the CC-rules which the game cant handle, especially aorund here. The majority who votes yes is noobs.
6. Wet racing is unlogical aswell. Why would it be faster to drift as much as possible?

Thats all.

/Mr. Bitter

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
Lots of retarded decisions on my side, drive thru, 9 sec worth of penalties and on the wrong tyre at the end of the race. In a race where I could've taken so many pts off Nick, I only managed to score 1 pt. FML.

• Kappa
Reactions: NickB

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
WHAT IS LIFE :wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky:

Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
How I got 6 points after crashing into Berghe once and into the wall twice I may never know

Chicane

F1 Test Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Had some ok battles when the track was clearly good for intermediates. Then @RBK overtook me. Decided to gamble in lap 15 or so for soft tyres because the track looked like it was about to hit crossover point, and I didn't wanna lose time in the pits. Also I was P12 and on raw pace not closing in on points anyway. Gamble turned out to be wrong, because of Suzuka repeat. It felt more like driving a GroupB RWD car in Sweden in Dirt Rally than driving an F1 car. A 5 second stop go penalty (surprised by sudden increase in grip and therefore a serious cc) and a drivethrough for pit entry at 81 kph just added to the joke that this race turned out to be for me. Then I wanted to set a fast lap on the fresh US, but I ended up just behind teammate @RBK again (only 2 laps behind), who wanted to finish on his worn interns. Of course I didn't wanna distract him going for an awesome result, so I had to hang back to bring the car to the chequered flag.

Whatever comes next, I can hardly see how it can go worse than today.