XB1 - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [15/09/19 - 20:00UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [15/09/19 - 20:00UK]

x EkKU x

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Ah i just seen the break is simply just a break and nothing to do with Singapore race. So I guess if it is decided that it needs to be reran then this weekend works, although of you can sort the results out without a rerun then do that so i can play borderlands 3 all weekend instead lol
Alltough i win the Monaco gp i made some plans to this break from ouer league so please no rerun

ClassicDelta

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2018
:)
Yeah we missed you!!! All respect still to soggy to hosting the race and no rerun for us
Congrats on the win! Haven't checked the standings but that should put Alfa right up near the top now. Maybe a 1-2 is on the cards soon eh?

x EkKU x

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Congrats on the win! Haven't checked the standings but that should put Alfa right up near the top now. Maybe a 1-2 is on the cards soon eh?
Yeah!!! It would make the championship interest.
Thanks!! But it is not a win yeat untill the decision is dropped down from the cabinet

ClassicDelta

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah!!! It would make the championship interest.
Thanks!! But it is not a win yeat untill the decision is dropped down from the cabinet
I just saw the thread in the stewards panel, what you said on the last post to me says that the race results should be taken from the first disconnect, which was on lap 36 for you, therefore more than 90% so full points awarded and the results taken from the positions people were in when the first person disconnected. Simple as. Yes you could argue other people didn't complete 90% because of the disconnection, in which case you go to half points as over 50% of the race is completed. Although I think it would just be fairer to say 90% was done by the leader at the time of the disconnect and give everyone the full points.

No need to rerun at all.

DICER46

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 21, 2019
Actual race report from me now.

Qualifying 3rd: was annoyed with this, was pole for most of the season but my last two laps I just couldn't improve for some reason and slipped to 3rd.

Race 2nd:

Started okay, had a little tap from someone behind into turn 1 but managed to keep position. Almost an immediate VSC so that prevented any stupid overtaking until just before the tunnel. As we came out of the tunnel I must have misjudged the car in front of me's braking and I hit @Docilediamond5 and lost half of my wing, apologies for that. Luckily I didn't lose a wheel and he didn't seem to lose much time from that.

So lap 2 I'm p10 and p9 is 14 seconds ahead of me, I therefore had to switch to effectively a 2 stop because hards are a bit too slow and mediums couldn't do the full 38 laps without turning to mush.

Lap 7 I catch up to this gaggle of cars, overtake my team-mate @ItsProulx who's for some reason on the kerb like a stranded animal. Now I'm stuck behind @Best Kiko for several laps and I'm losing 6+ seconds per lap, can't get past him, infuriating me as he's,=and he's very slow, he in turn is stuck behind @DICER46. This got me concerned as @Rindypoos was catching up very quickly behind me on a frest set of hards.

Dicer kept saying 'AI' next to his name so I don't know if he was pausing or whatnot but it was happening in some slow corners where I was having to brake unexpectedly for a slow AI-controlled car. I got past him coming out of the tunnel and I was unleashed.

Kiko had overtaken Dicer so once I got past the Force India I could chase back up to him and I did so by about lap 13. with @x EkKU x behind me in 3rd. I only got past lap 18 after an oppurtunistic move but by that time EkKu at got very close to me, I don't know if Kiko had damage but he was so slow I was losing about 6 seconds a lap on my PB. I know for a fact that if I had got past Kiko I probably would have won the race, Ekku closing up is what allowed him to nab 1st.

I actually damaged my wing about lap 22 on the pit straight because I went to blow my nose and careered left into the wall, so that really added another 6 seconds to my race time which I didn't need. Luckily it was only yellow so I could race without too much damage but it would have needed changing at the next stop. I went onto softs on lap 23 and stayed within 2-4 seconds of EkKU until the end, I didn't both pushing for 1st because I knew I had already got about 6 seconds of penalties. So really I kind of lost interest and got sloppy, got a few more penalties but wasn't fussed as I had a big gap to 3rd as Kiko had put on hards which allowed me to pull a big gap.

Until a couple laps from the end where it said EkKu had disconnected or something and his car was being AI controlled, although I took 1st I knew that it was probably some DSC glitch and 2nd was utlimately mine.

Not a huge amount of visual highlights but so you can see what that big lump of words is on about here we go:

I had terrible connection and no game sound all race so I kept lagging and had to kept going into AI, and the reason I was so slow was Because I couldn't mange my throttle due to no game sound.

Rindypoos

Pro Karter
Jun 2, 2019
Super disappointing sunday for me. I qualified on pole position where it's the most important pole of the season and I'm buzzing. Felt like I had good pace around Monaco, actually really like driving it. We get to race start and I take it slow in first corner and VSC comes out straight away. When green flags came out again I got a good run and ran out like a 3 second lead. I was over driving for the position I was in and hit a barrier on like lap 2. Figured it's not too bad and I'll make it to my scheduled pit stop and change wing then. Don't you just know it and I hit the wall again on same lap. Now I need to pit for hards. Would have been a stretch but figured it try and stick to it. A couple of laps go by and I hit the wall again and get red wing. By this time I'm furious and go to pits again... the only tires I had was to go to mediums and they would not last the rest of the race which means I would have to do another pit stop again. This is when I called it a night. Monaco would have been a good place for me to make up some points in the championship but instead it ended with retirement. GG's to everyone anyways. Canada will be redemption.

x EkKU x

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Super disappointing sunday for me. I qualified on pole position where it's the most important pole of the season and I'm buzzing. Felt like I had good pace around Monaco, actually really like driving it. We get to race start and I take it slow in first corner and VSC comes out straight away. When green flags came out again I got a good run and ran out like a 3 second lead. I was over driving for the position I was in and hit a barrier on like lap 2. Figured it's not too bad and I'll make it to my scheduled pit stop and change wing then. Don't you just know it and I hit the wall again on same lap. Now I need to pit for hards. Would have been a stretch but figured it try and stick to it. A couple of laps go by and I hit the wall again and get red wing. By this time I'm furious and go to pits again... the only tires I had was to go to mediums and they would not last the rest of the race which means I would have to do another pit stop again. This is when I called it a night. Monaco would have been a good place for me to make up some points in the championship but instead it ended with retirement. GG's to everyone anyways. Canada will be redemption.
Really sorry that your race gone so bad, you were superfast at Monaco

Reactions: Rindypoos

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Pretty sure you are wrong about this :

Ekku
Sogg
Kiko
Doci
Pricey
Proux
Santi

thats the final result!
“After looking at all the evidence available we have decided that the result from the end of lap 35 will stand with the 7th player on @ItsProulx's graph classified as finishing 1 lap down”

@Jamie183

@Best Kiko - the ‘7th player’ on my graph is you, ‘player 108’ so that’s why I am saying you’re classified as one lap down, I could be wrong however.

Last edited:

Best Kiko

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 4, 2019
I am not player 7 bro. player 5 I think ...based on the race.

I think what he meant was position 7 ;). It is what makes sense.

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
I am not player 7 bro. player 5 I think ...based on the race.

I think what he meant was position 7 ;). It is what makes sense.
On my telemetry you’re player 108, I can check based on the car, you’re player 108 which on the graph is in 7th place. I’m really not sure, we’ll wait for @Bernie to confirm :)

Docilediamond5

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 21, 2019
@Jamie183 and @Bernie can confirm but I think it is pretty clear the final order.
I know we are going on about the whole lap down thing. But none of the people who disconnected were a lap down when they did disconnect. I reckon we just have the result from when the first player disconnected. And that would be the positions @Best Kiko has put in chat

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
I know we are going on about the whole lap down thing. But none of the people who disconnected were a lap down when they did disconnect. I reckon we just have the result from when the first player disconnected. And that would be the positions @Best Kiko has put in chat
The stewards made a decision. I don’t quite understand the decisions wording but I have a feeling that decision has placed @Best Kiko a lap down in 7th place, I’m not one hundred percent sure though. Whatever decision it is, we accept it and we move on, whatever the race order is.

@Bernie can clarify this for us when he gets the opportunity to do so. Until then we just wait and stop giving him more comments to read through

Reactions: FORMULA1FAN71