Feb 13, 2017
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th September 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Lasher

Pro Karter
Jan 15, 2019
Best case scenario: I finish last with 12 pit stops to my name, or something.
Most likely scenario: I bottle it on my own and DNF
Worst case scenario: I bottle it and take one or more people out as well.

• Kappa
Reactions: Ponty

Tamz

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 2, 2018
I've sent out requests on Steam for everyone since I'll be hosting this round, if you haven't gotten one or for some reason can't see it message me :)

RRG_AimGod

Pro Karter
May 31, 2019
can we get the weekend off and call quali the finishing positions? :p - Got Borderlands 3/ Wow classic to play (week days @ RRG_Aimgod/twitch :p:p)

Nice Time Trial Ponty. did my time after last weeks l;eague race and you did yours the day after. ill give it a go beating it today as i think best sectors for me =1.9.05. Hooking those up is another thing :p

It really is super impossible to pass. even if the guy if front messes up fitting past is almost impossible. Pray i dont mess up quali which is super easy to do!

Reactions: Vennez

RRG_AimGod

Pro Karter
May 31, 2019
NO HEROICS INTO SAINT DEVOTE PLEASE
if your not passing in the pits... Black Flag-

can only get within 0.05 of your time ponty. doing great sectors here and there but just keep bottling. Race is gonna be a Exhibition of not hitting the wall

#Pray4Ponty #NoDeSync #20ManPileup

kyri010

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2014
My fucking setup got reset to the standard lowest downforce ffs here at Monaco...... Welllll

RRG_AimGod

Pro Karter
May 31, 2019
Totall mess up. smashed wing in qualli leaving the pits. so had to start on mediums in 7th. got penalities for nothing starting laps. hit back marker had to pit for wing.

stuck behind mario who took third via penalities. RIP gg. great recovery but could have competed with front runner rip

Tamz

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 2, 2018
Qualifying:

Race:

Rough race for me, had 2 unfortunate pit exits which damaged my wing but otherwise glad to have gotten this track over and done with, grats on the win @Cans and gj @Ponty :D

Ponty

Formula Karter
Aug 19, 2018
Had an absolute blinder of a race for a change. Qualified P3 and managed to jump JG into T1 for P2. Inherited first after Cans pit but I needed to pit again to make my strategy work. Had good pace throughout and no damage was taken. Managed to get the fastest lap along the way which is always nice. Ultimately I just didn't have the pace needed to catch and surpass @Cans however a deserved victory from pole.

Vennez

Pro Karter
Jul 7, 2019
Interesting race, fucked up quali lap but still started 4th
All went well until lap 11 when I hit the wall one corner from the pits. Lost about 5 seconds which were crucial.
Then I hit the turn 1 wall with Jeff talking in the radio (cheers Jeff) chipping off quite a substantial bit of wing. Then with a lap to go AimGod went for a move into the last corner, which caused Mario to be in an awkward position. I was coming in blind and when I realised there wasn’t really any space, I couldn’t brake because I had Erikson behind me, so I went for the gap. Unfortunately, i clipped the inside wall and spun round into the wall. Getting more damage, I got passed by ken who I passed on penalties at the end.
Something interesting was Karnak being lapped, he wasn’t battling anyone, and let his teammate through with ease. I was right behind him but instead of letting me go on the straight, he sped up and held me for the rest of the lap, going very slow. He held me for the whole 3rd sector while he let AimGod through on the tunnel. When I finally got past I gave him a little swerve to show my intentions.
Sorry for the testament but it was an action-packed race. Congrats to Cans on the win!

Last edited:

Lasher

Pro Karter
Jan 15, 2019
Something interesting was Karnak being lapped, he wasn’t battling anyone, and let his team mate through with ease. I was right behind him but instead of letting me go on the straight, he sped up and held me for the rest of the lap, going very slow. He ele me for the whole 3rd sector while he let AimGod through on the tunnel. When I finally got past I gave him a little swerve to show my intentions.
Interesting tactics from Ferrari xD

Cans

Formula Karter
Oct 22, 2018
funny thing is that i broke my wing halfway through my soft tyre stint and still was increasing the gap from 2nd lol. nah look im a monaco 1 trick tho ggs to all overtaking backmarkers tho is scary on this track

karnak07

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 16, 2017
Something interesting was Karnak being lapped, he wasn’t battling anyone, and let his team mate through with ease. I was right behind him but instead of letting me go on the straight, he sped up and held me for the rest of the lap, going very slow. He ele me for the whole 3rd sector while he let AimGod through on the tunnel. When I finally got past I gave him a little swerve to show my intentions.
I apologize. the previous lap I had turbson 1.5 sec from me. I don't know yet everyone's cars, I just knew it was a blue car (redbull or tororosso). when I saw you behind I thought it was him. after two curve I realized and made you pass in the first possible point. there was no room to let you pass safely and unequivocally in the last 2-3 turns. however I don't know what "little swerve" you're talking about. I moved to the straight and you passed without problems. however, I apologize. my mistake

Vennez

Pro Karter
Jul 7, 2019
I apologize. the previous lap I had turbson 1.5 sec from me. I don't know yet everyone's cars, I just knew it was a blue car (redbull or tororosso). when I saw you behind I thought it was him. after two curve I realized and made you pass in the first possible point. there was no room to let you pass safely and unequivocally in the last 2-3 turns. however I don't know what "little swerve" you're talking about. I moved to the straight and you passed without problems. however, I apologize. my mistake
Its alright, in the end i dont know if it cost me anything but its no problem

Ponty

Formula Karter
Aug 19, 2018
My highlights from todays race;

Glad it showed my move into T1 and my overtake on AimGod going into the Nouvelle Chicane :)

RRG_AimGod

Pro Karter
May 31, 2019
My highlights from todays race;

Glad it showed my move into T1 and my overtake on AimGod going into the Nouvelle Chicane :)
considering i was the end of the First stint on mediums because i crashed in quali meaning i could not set a SS lap I had gone from 7th to 1st. it was not really a overtake but just part of the course of you being on fresh SS after just pitting.