Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
VIDEO

So, first time you squeezed me is at minute 1:17:36, you almost spun, recovered and kept racing taking the apex, while i had to brake to avoid a collision since i had to take the inside line on that corner.

Second time is at minute 1:22:05, was going on the outside at tunnel, you keep wide without considering I was there and clipped my front wing.

Last corner incident is at minute 1:22:35, from my perspective you clearly tap the wall and spin, all by yourself.

Honestly I'd like to bring this to the stewards @Steve Jackson , since I lost a lot into the last corner, enough to lose my position. Yes I had penalties, but I was safe of the car behind me, if one of the two overtaking opportunities with Morpheus went well I could've got past him and maybe even got P4 since I was really quick in the last laps... Sorry man but I don't think you were super clean during race, especially on the last laps.
@TheIgorMC you need to make a post before 8am UK tomorrow morning if that is what you want to do. If you don't record you can reference other videos or ask for PoVs. You only need to tag me in the Stewards thread, not here. I have to be impartial unless I'm involved :)

m0rpheus1975

Pro Karter
Jul 19, 2019
@TheIgorMC firstly i apologise for the last corner as i didnt realise i did tap the corner. first time in whole race i actually did that so assumed that you did tap me.
first incident i didnt see that you had come up that close to me, so i never actually saw you were there and therefore continued as normal.
second incident i have had a look at the previous laps and i pretty much used the same line throughout, on final lap you were a lot closer to me than the previous hence why we touched.

TheIgorMC

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2017
@TheIgorMC firstly i apologise for the last corner as i didnt realise i did tap the corner. first time in whole race i actually did that so assumed that you did tap me.
first incident i didnt see that you had come up that close to me, so i never actually saw you were there and therefore continued as normal.
second incident i have had a look at the previous laps and i pretty much used the same line throughout, on final lap you were a lot closer to me than the previous hence why we touched.
yeah, looked at tunnel incident and it was hard for you to understand, but the other... Well, you spun and rejoined

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Well done the Darkness and Acerees on the win and third place. For me I qualified 5 and finished 2, with no time penalties which is pleasing and only a slightly yellow front wing near the end of my second stint. Feel a bit guilty that I beat Acerees with his setup. It wasn't quick for me, but quite stable, which is where you need to be here. Shame you spun out and damaged your nose early on as you'd have had me on pace.

Right here is my race.

A bit of a confession, during the race I thought I may have tapped @Frostitute at the hairpin on Lap 3, but wasn't certain it was me or if you accelerated too hard and lost the back end (I didn't feel any feedback though) . So I raced on and thought I'd take whatever stewards might do if it was reported and they judged I was at fault. Apologies if you think I did cause that spin. I think the deadline for enquiries has passed and no enquiry was called, but I also understand anything that comes to light after the deadline could be called. So if it happens it happens.

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Well done the Darkness and Acerees on the win and third place. For me I qualified 5 and finished 2, with no time penalties which is pleasing and only a slightly yellow front wing near the end of my second stint. Feel a bit guilty that I beat Acerees with his setup. It wasn't quick for me, but quite stable, which is where you need to be here. Shame you spun out and damaged your nose early on as you'd have had me on pace.

Right here is my race.

A bit of a confession, during the race I thought I may have tapped @Frostitute at the hairpin on Lap 3, but wasn't certain it was me or if you accelerated too hard and lost the back end (I didn't feel any feedback though) . So I raced on and thought I'd take whatever stewards might do if it was reported and they judged I was at fault. Apologies if you think I did cause that spin. I think the deadline for enquiries has passed and no enquiry was called, but I also understand anything that comes to light after the deadline could be called. So if it happens it happens.

Always knew there was a good chance you would have of beating me. I was happy to play the team game. You never know when I will ask for the favour back :ROFLMAO:
Q - I had a poor qualifying and was a good Second off what I was capable of. However all through Sunday practicing I was having a nightmare and kept on hitting the walls So in the end I was relieved to qualify 4thin the end.
R - After a bad day of practicing I decided I would be happy with a top 5 finish so I just coasted along behind @Steve Jackson in 4th and then the inevitable happened... I got bored of going slowly and frustrated that he wasn’t making any mistakes so I decided to have a push around lap 4 onwards. Then on Lap 6 I clipped my wing and then spun under braking at the last hairpin (something I hadn’t done through my practice sessions!). I pitted at the end of that lap and put Hards on for the rest of the race! Yes 33 laps of hard tyres (god they were slow!). I came out in P behind @NinjaRider and he made a mistake which got me up to 7th until @Steve Jackson pitted on lap 12 and I had luckily managed to do quick enough laps to get past him in the pits. So I was in P6 and starting to catch @thelgorMC and @Gwynbleidd who had gone long on his strategy and his pace was starting to suffer. On Lap 18 he made a mistake and damaged his wing and then I think there was contact between the two of them andI took advantage and passed the both of them as the recovered to the track! I have to say I think this is overtake of the season material so I will try to get this uploaded ASAP! @Neil Bywater had managed to make his pit stop strategy work and he was ahead of me and had made his one and only stop on much fresher Hard tyres. He managed to get a good gap of around 10 seconds on me whilst I fought to keep @thelgormc behind me and on lap 27 he managed to pass me on the outside of T1 (Great pass buddy!). As I hadn’t been able to attack the racing line I knew that as long as I could stick near him he wouldn’t run away and that he would still feel under pressure and on lap 29 he made a mistake and really smashed his front wing up and I got passed. Back to P3 and at this stage I decided just to finish here. I did contemplate putting and coming out in 4th on Soft tyres for the fastest lap and was hopeful that I could get P3 back but decided discretion is the better part of valour. Then towards the end @Neil Bywater damaged his wing and I got the gap down from 11 seconds to 0.6 in 8 laps. However I did have 6 seconds of penalties and having checked with my engineer knew he didn’t have any. Overall it’s Monaco so I’m happy enough with 3rd however on my day and with a better qualifying I think I could have had a chance of getting the win. Congrats to @Neil Bywater and @darkness

Frostitute

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2019

Right here is my race.

Hi Neil, i ve felt the little tap behind but i know it was not intentionally. So no problem at all. I did not report anything. I am very new player. I ve to learn how to save the car in these kind of situations... I was very exciting first laps and you didnt help me :) You ve had better pace then me and i ve felt the pressure so i did many mistakes :) Next time i hope i can be in top 5. Good luck and have fun.

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Hi Neil, i ve felt the little tap behind but i know it was not intentionally. So no problem at all. I did not report anything. I am very new player. I ve to learn how to save the car in these kind of situations... I was very exciting first laps and you didnt help me :) You ve had better pace then me and i ve felt the pressure so i did many mistakes :) Next time i hope i can be in top 5. Good luck and have fun.
Pressure is ultimately the biggest skill to learn with online racing. It’s knowing when to fight and when to concede. It’s the part that I have previously really suffered with, touchwood I seem to be coping with more nowadays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frostitute

Frostitute

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2019
Pressure is ultimately the biggest skill to learn with online racing. It’s knowing when to fight and when to concede. It’s the part that I have previously really suffered with and touchwood I seem to be coping with more nowadays.
I think i will be much better after this season. I was 4th in Monaco until lap 33 crash... Need more experience to cope with pressure. I am losing my concentration after 20-25 laps. I feel support in your post. Thank you :)

Reactions: acerees

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I think i will be much better after this season. I was 4th in Monaco until lap 33 crash... Need more experience to cope with pressure. I am losing my concentration after 20-25 laps. I feel support in your post. Thank you :)
Absolutely no agenda here just support for a fellow racer. It’s taken me a good while to realise what I struggle with and then I have taken steps to try and counter that especially this season. However I still have a long way to go tbh.

Frostitute

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2019
Absolutely no agenda here just support for a fellow racer. It’s taken me a good while to realise what I struggle with and then I have taken steps to try and counter that especially this season. However I still have a long way to go tbh.
Good luck both of us :)

• Friendly

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 1:11:954 (3rd)

Yeah, I was disappointed with quali as for some reason the track was not 'switched on' in the session. Probably left about 0.5s from my best on the table, would have been front row. Pole was beyond me; Monaco is always a pretty weak track for me but it did not look so great for everyone else, so relatively.....

R: 8th S/M/M/S (12,20?,32?)

Three stops was not in the plan. I had a reasonable start but went neck and neck into Sainte Devote with @TheIgorMC; corner cut T1. I wasn't too badly affected until I picked up attritional wing dinks. Was surprised to be pulling out a gap to @acerees during the first stint. One stop was the plan with a probably switch to M again or S depending on the wing issues I might encounter.

Unfortunately the end of the first stint I got poor track position rejoining, ended up stuck behind @m0rpheus1975 who went long. Could not force a pass, in fact after three laps or so I groaned over the radio as I was losing nearly 2 seconds a lap. Any free air I was closing, but there was no way past. Frustratingly, trying to force the issue caused me pain, tyres took a hit and wings went the same way as the tyres.

At this stage, pitting for M was the way as I needed a wing. I lost more positions but figured others might retire or pit from a longer stint or there might be a safety car. All I did was get the fastest lap temporarily and end up with yet more attritional wing trying to push in free air and getting stuck behind others. I think @2Dragons let me go at Portier and then as the warnings (and thereby penalties) started to accumulate I debated taking yet more pain as I was getting heavy locking. At some point I did get stuck near Anthony Noghes after I think an unforced error.

In the final stint, drivers did retire (from behind me). I came upon @Neil Bywater who kindly let me past as I was on S and he was a lap up. @TheIgorMC took my lap and then we had a late encounter in Nouvelle chicane where we both got trapped after a coming together, although as I am already trying to forget this may have been in the third stint and not the fourth....

Finished 9th on track, promoted to 8th because of the @mateusz-mazurek ghost car. Bahrain has not been kind to me on occasion, let's hope I've had my bad race here.

TheIgorMC

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2017
Q: 1:11:954 (3rd)

Yeah, I was disappointed with quali as for some reason the track was not 'switched on' in the session. Probably left about 0.5s from my best on the table, would have been front row. Pole was beyond me; Monaco is always a pretty weak track for me but it did not look so great for everyone else, so relatively.....

R: 8th S/M/M/S (12,20?,32?)

Three stops was not in the plan. I had a reasonable start but went neck and neck into Sainte Devote with @TheIgorMC; corner cut T1. I wasn't too badly affected until I picked up attritional wing dinks. Was surprised to be pulling out a gap to @acerees during the first stint. One stop was the plan with a probably switch to M again or S depending on the wing issues I might encounter.

Unfortunately the end of the first stint I got poor track position rejoining, ended up stuck behind @m0rpheus1975 who went long. Could not force a pass, in fact after three laps or so I groaned over the radio as I was losing nearly 2 seconds a lap. Any free air I was closing, but there was no way past. Frustratingly, trying to force the issue caused me pain, tyres took a hit and wings went the same way as the tyres.

At this stage, pitting for M was the way as I needed a wing. I lost more positions but figured others might retire or pit from a longer stint or there might be a safety car. All I did was get the fastest lap temporarily and end up with yet more attritional wing trying to push in free air and getting stuck behind others. I think @2Dragons let me go at Portier and then as the warnings (and thereby penalties) started to accumulate I debated taking yet more pain as I was getting heavy locking. At some point I did get stuck near Anthony Noghes after I think an unforced error.

In the final stint, drivers did retire (from behind me). I came upon @Neil Bywater who kindly let me past as I was on S and he was a lap up. @TheIgorMC took my lap and then we had a late encounter in Nouvelle chicane where we both got trapped after a coming together, although as I am already trying to forget this may have been in the third stint and not the fourth....

Finished 9th on track, promoted to 8th because of the @mateusz-mazurek ghost car. Bahrain has not been kind to me on occasion, let's hope I've had my bad race here.
Yeah, had fun racing with you, and i totally missed the line on the nouvelle chicane, i tapped the wall with my front wing as well there, really lucky to get no penalty. Except the couple scratches with morpheus i am really happy with this league!

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah, had fun racing with you, and i totally missed the line on the nouvelle chicane, i tapped the wall with my front wing as well there, really lucky to get no penalty. Except the couple scratches with morpheus i am really happy with this league!
Good lap in quali mate.

Darkxness

Pro Karter
Jul 29, 2019
Pretty boring race from my perspective.. doesn't lower the intensity though.
Q P1 - 1:11.246
Had a 1:11.9 I think before my last lap, gained 5 10ths in the last sector on my best lap.

R P1:
Didn't get a great start off the line and was instantly under pressure from TheIgorMC, he had the outside line going into T1 but backed off coming into the corner so I stayed ahead. Think he gave me a little love tap going around the corner :p
Started to get a bit of a gap and pitted end of lap 11 from Softs to Mediums. Came out 2nd behind @Steve Jackson who pitted a lap or 2 later.
Increased my gap from @Neil Bywater to about 28 seconds on lap 31 but the mediums were falling apart
Was thinking of pitting again for fresh softs but decided to hold on.
Neil was catching a few seconds a lap for the last 8, finished 15 seconds ahead and managed to keep my wing green and free of warnings.

Quick thank you to anyone who got blue flagged, instantly off the racing line and slow down to let me by, really great respectful racing. Much appreciated.

Congrats to everyone who finished, incredibly tough track

TheIgorMC

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2017
Pretty boring race from my perspective.. doesn't lower the intensity though.
Q P1 - 1:11.246
Had a 1:11.9 I think before my last lap, gained 5 10ths in the last sector on my best lap.

R P1:
Didn't get a great start off the line and was instantly under pressure from TheIgorMC, he had the outside line going into T1 but backed off coming into the corner so I stayed ahead. Think he gave me a little love tap going around the corner :p
Started to get a bit of a gap and pitted end of lap 11 from Softs to Mediums. Came out 2nd behind @Steve Jackson who pitted a lap or 2 later.
Increased my gap from @Neil Bywater to about 28 seconds on lap 31 but the mediums were falling apart
Was thinking of pitting again for fresh softs but decided to hold on.
Neil was catching a few seconds a lap for the last 8, finished 15 seconds ahead and managed to keep my wing green and free of warnings.

Quick thank you to anyone who got blue flagged, instantly off the racing line and slow down to let me by, really great respectful racing. Much appreciated.

Congrats to everyone who finished, incredibly tough track
Yeah, i tapped you but I'm pretty sure someone hit me as well so it was a chain reaction lol. Great race tho, have fun on top of the league while you can, my time there is coming *evil laughter*

• Funny

Darkxness

Pro Karter
Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i tapped you but I'm pretty sure someone hit me as well so it was a chain reaction lol. Great race tho, have fun on top of the league while you can, my time there is coming *evil laughter*
Did you get damage from it? I nearly lost the rear end, heart was in my mouth!
Hmm I'm out of reach from you for the next race even if you P1 and I'm outside the points, I'll cherish this week ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.