Jan 14, 2014
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Diallo
- @cata82

Last edited:

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
It is already a confirmed no-show, but to completion I'm not able to drive on Sunday because I'll be on a business trip. Have fun and good luck for this crappy Grand Prix.

• Informative
Reactions: TheVerenzak

boxen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2017
One small mistake and you're out, yeah sounds like a good track for me..

• Winner
Reactions: Beyond

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
@TheVerenzak How can the Stewards be so incompetent, all they do now is award NFA. No warning for aggressive or stupid driving. How do you improve the quality of driving if the Stewards allow people to drive as reckless as they want without even warning them to drive smarter/better. Does it take getting rammed off the road, or DNF'd before they actually do something.

I see how it'll be beneficial in Monaco, just force your way past everyone, **** it the stewards won't penalize you as long as you don't DNF them.

Reactions: BlackPanthor

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@TheVerenzak How can the Stewards be so incompetent, all they do now is award NFA. No warning for aggressive or stupid driving. How do you improve the quality of driving if the Stewards allow people to drive as reckless as they want without even warning them to drive smarter/better. Does it take getting rammed off the road, or DNF'd before they actually do something.

I see how it'll be beneficial in Monaco, just force your way past everyone, **** it the stewards won't penalize you as long as you don't DNF them.
I haven't been involved in the stewards discussions for the past few weeks, I've only been closing them. But I agree in general that sometimes they are way too lenient. Wheel-banging and slightly aggressive Senna-esque moves are not only allowed, but almost encouraged.

I'll bring it up to them, because there have been complaint of poor-driving standards for a while - but no action seems to be taken to improve them.

Reactions: Diallo and Ranger

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I haven't been involved in the stewards discussions for the past few weeks, I've only been closing them. But I agree in general that sometimes they are way too lenient. Wheel-banging and slightly aggressive Senna-esque moves are not only allowed, but almost encouraged.

I'll bring it up to them, because there have been complaint of poor-driving standards for a while - but no action seems to be taken to improve them.
Cheers mate, it's not a case of always punishing people with penalties but also educating them.

Reactions: Diallo

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
Hopefully I can finally have my first clean race of the season here in Monaco!

Probably won’t happen :poop:

xDerpOG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2016
To be honest I'm not even mad at my DNF. Yea it's a little disappointing but I'm just stoked that I managed to get pole. (and finally dislodge Mercedes off the front row :p)

I recorded qualifying but not the race as I started to get some stuttering on the formation lap so I will just leave this here :3

Reactions: Mali Baćo

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
thats a race to forget for sure…. quali was held up everytime i did a fastest lap and then at the race constantly screen freezes which made me crash like 4 times and also codemasters made me held up in the pits behind a force india… :/

boxen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2017
Had a pretty bad race overall, got a huge lag spike in the first corner (probably due to my cpu begging for mercy) and crashed. :cry:

Edit: For anyone considering switching to a pad, yeah don't.. especially not for this track :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
P3! Absolutely ecstatic about this result and it’s even sweeter considering just how bad my previous races have been. Funny how the one track that I don’t make any major mistakes on is fucking Monaco of all tracks haha, ironic :LOL:.

Excecuted a flawless first stint on the hypers and after I had pitted for the supers, I was pretty much cruising towards the finishing line.

Hopefully this race marks a turning point for my season!

Reactions: Neil Bywater

earicx

Pro Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Quali: P6
Race: P2

Start

Start was quite pad, was knocked into the wall by @DwergC , it didn't seem intentional so I won't report it, but would've liked a bit more room. Anyhow, lost most of my front wing and pitted straight away for the Ultras and went on to a 2-stop strategy - so I thought.

Race

I was on the Ultras from lap 2 and prayed for a SC or VCS to get a free pit-stop and catch up to the front. Waited, waited and waited and as you all know that didn't happen. Thought about another pair of Ultras, then Hypers, then around lap 30-32, with 30-lap old Ultras, I decided to go to the end! The picture illustrates the dreadful shape of my tires at the finish. Managed P2 because of @Mali Baćo 's penalties, I'm very happy.

AOR Race 6.PNG

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Well done to the winner and podiums.

Fun race even if I only got 9th

Caught the right curb before entry to the chicane on lap 11 and that was my downfall along with a few others (sorry)

A good battle with Beyond for the last 15 laps. I have not got the balls for an overtake.

My race.

Mali Baćo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Oh my god, what a race.

First of all, a big thank you to all that congratulated me on driving, thanks to everyone who made me run for my money and thank you all for keeping it clean.

After some 100 laps of practice over the weekend and putting up an extremely good setup, my PC gave up on me two hours prior to the qualifying and corrupted my F1 2018 save. I was furious for losing all of my setups and control schemes. Thanks to @Beyond for trying to help, but there was no other solution than to redo everything.

So there I was in a free practice session, 1:30h before the qualy, with @BoomSonK who wanted to keep me company. I was trying hard to smash the setup again and I finally made it after some 50 laps. A quick shower, a cup of coffee and it was already 20 minutes before this goes down.

I was able to set a time of around 1:09.8 - 1:10.0, but I ran in traffic twice and made some mistakes on some of my three runs so I posted a time of 1:10.2 and settled for P9, behind @TheVerenzak.

The start was amazing for me. Immediately I passed the Banana of Cas and tried to challenge further but everyone was too far into Turn 1. On the opening lap, I don't know how I did it, but I pulled a move on @earicx and passed him around the outside in the hairpin. A pass on Dwerg on the main straight put me in P6. I was full of confidence and ready to attack, keeping the podium in my sight.

However, on lap 5 I banged the outside wall entering the swimming pool area and made my wing go red. An early pit stop was inevitable so I was multi tasking for the last few corners to turn off the ERS, save fuel and tell the engineer to get the supersofts ready. In all of this panic, I went too fast into the pitlane. Can you imagine a pit lane speeding in Monaco?!

On supersoft tyres I was still confident and ready to apply pressure without ruling out podium finish. I was confused by everyone going slowly at the Lap 11 incident, so I didn't know who was letting me by and who was not. Still, I didn't want to waste any time so an early attack on Pandacruiser was a must. I hope I was not too agressive on him into turn 1.

For the closing 15-ish laps I was battling hard with @E4SY as he was experiencing screen freezes. It was scary to drive behind him, but luckily he would become a ghost once the lags began. I was able to pass him on the inside in Loews hairpin and went to P3. Whilst battling him, I always had an eye on gap behind, to @Frihman and was supposed to end up 5 seconds in front of him after penalties kicked in.

Worn rubber on @earicx's car meant that he was too slow for the pace I had so I wanted badly to get in front of him. I started gaining on the main straight at the beginning of Lap 38 and we went alongside into turn 1. We crossed our paths with tyres and I was scared that we would crash but I knew that it was my last chance. So a rich mix, hotlap ERS and great sportsmanship of the Mercedes driver helped me get to P2.

@Sweatu was out of reach, being half a minute ahead of me. Congratulations for the 4th win!

A quick look at my fuel: MINUS 0.40?! And only one and a half lap to go! Lean mix and a lot of lifting and coasting left me with 0.03 laps of fuel in the last turn. For the last 100 meters my car was limping and dying on me, but these guys were far behind. I knew that earicx was going to regain his position after my penalties, but I didn't expect Frihman to sneak in with only a second and a half worth of gap.

So, basically I am feeling really happy for my run to second place, but I was somewhat disappointed to miss out on podium by that close margin. This race was so tense that I had a stomach pain for the next half an hour, and I couldn't fall asleep for the next three.

Sadly no highlights from me this time. I wanted to have every single FPS I could possibly squeeze from my PC. But I hope I will see myself in yours!

I hope that Canada will be an awesome race as well, and can't wait for it!

BoomSonK

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 9, 2018
First of all i hate Monaco... it was a boring race. Was 90% in the race stuck behind a other driver when i got a higher pace. But you i cant overtake on Monaco... Broked my frontwing again 3 times -,- and my pit strategy was ****. So its a race that i want to forget..