PC - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [18/11/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [18/11/2018 08:00PM]

earicx

Pro Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Oh my god, what a race.

First of all, a big thank you to all that congratulated me on driving, thanks to everyone who made me run for my money and thank you all for keeping it clean.

After some 100 laps of practice over the weekend and putting up an extremely good setup, my PC gave up on me two hours prior to the qualifying and corrupted my F1 2018 save. I was furious for losing all of my setups and control schemes. Thanks to @Beyond for trying to help, but there was no other solution than to redo everything.

So there I was in a free practice session, 1:30h before the qualy, with @BoomSonK who wanted to keep me company. I was trying hard to smash the setup again and I finally made it after some 50 laps. A quick shower, a cup of coffee and it was already 20 minutes before this goes down.

I was able to set a time of around 1:09.8 - 1:10.0, but I ran in traffic twice and made some mistakes on some of my three runs so I posted a time of 1:10.2 and settled for P9, behind @TheVerenzak.

The start was amazing for me. Immediately I passed the Banana of Cas and tried to challenge further but everyone was too far into Turn 1. On the opening lap, I don't know how I did it, but I pulled a move on @earicx and passed him around the outside in the hairpin. A pass on Dwerg on the main straight put me in P6. I was full of confidence and ready to attack, keeping the podium in my sight.

However, on lap 5 I banged the outside wall entering the swimming pool area and made my wing go red. An early pit stop was inevitable so I was multi tasking for the last few corners to turn off the ERS, save fuel and tell the engineer to get the supersofts ready. In all of this panic, I went too fast into the pitlane. Can you imagine a pit lane speeding in Monaco?!

On supersoft tyres I was still confident and ready to apply pressure without ruling out podium finish. I was confused by everyone going slowly at the Lap 11 incident, so I didn't know who was letting me by and who was not. Still, I didn't want to waste any time so an early attack on Pandacruiser was a must. I hope I was not too agressive on him into turn 1.

For the closing 15-ish laps I was battling hard with @E4SY as he was experiencing screen freezes. It was scary to drive behind him, but luckily he would become a ghost once the lags began. I was able to pass him on the inside in Loews hairpin and went to P3. Whilst battling him, I always had an eye on gap behind, to @Frihman and was supposed to end up 5 seconds in front of him after penalties kicked in.

Worn rubber on @earicx's car meant that he was too slow for the pace I had so I wanted badly to get in front of him. I started gaining on the main straight at the beginning of Lap 38 and we went alongside into turn 1. We crossed our paths with tyres and I was scared that we would crash but I knew that it was my last chance. So a rich mix, hotlap ERS and great sportsmanship of the Mercedes driver helped me get to P2.

@Sweatu was out of reach, being half a minute ahead of me. Congratulations for the 4th win!

A quick look at my fuel: MINUS 0.40?! And only one and a half lap to go! Lean mix and a lot of lifting and coasting left me with 0.03 laps of fuel in the last turn. For the last 100 meters my car was limping and dying on me, but these guys were far behind. I knew that earicx was going to regain his position after my penalties, but I didn't expect Frihman to sneak in with only a second and a half worth of gap.

So, basically I am feeling really happy for my run to second place, but I was somewhat disappointed to miss out on podium by that close margin. This race was so tense that I had a stomach pain for the next half an hour, and I couldn't fall asleep for the next three.

Sadly no highlights from me this time. I wanted to have every single FPS I could possibly squeeze from my PC. But I hope I will see myself in yours!

I hope that Canada will be an awesome race as well, and can't wait for it!
Awesome racing by you @Mali Baćo , and a great post race read too! More of these please. Just realized you overtook me twice around this tight track, respect :cool:

Remind me to post the POVs from your overtakes, especially the one on lap 38, that was insane.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mali Baćo

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Oh my god, what a race.

First of all, a big thank you to all that congratulated me on driving, thanks to everyone who made me run for my money and thank you all for keeping it clean.

After some 100 laps of practice over the weekend and putting up an extremely good setup, my PC gave up on me two hours prior to the qualifying and corrupted my F1 2018 save. I was furious for losing all of my setups and control schemes. Thanks to @Beyond for trying to help, but there was no other solution than to redo everything.

So there I was in a free practice session, 1:30h before the qualy, with @BoomSonK who wanted to keep me company. I was trying hard to smash the setup again and I finally made it after some 50 laps. A quick shower, a cup of coffee and it was already 20 minutes before this goes down.

I was able to set a time of around 1:09.8 - 1:10.0, but I ran in traffic twice and made some mistakes on some of my three runs so I posted a time of 1:10.2 and settled for P9, behind @TheVerenzak.

The start was amazing for me. Immediately I passed the Banana of Cas and tried to challenge further but everyone was too far into Turn 1. On the opening lap, I don't know how I did it, but I pulled a move on @earicx and passed him around the outside in the hairpin. A pass on Dwerg on the main straight put me in P6. I was full of confidence and ready to attack, keeping the podium in my sight.

However, on lap 5 I banged the outside wall entering the swimming pool area and made my wing go red. An early pit stop was inevitable so I was multi tasking for the last few corners to turn off the ERS, save fuel and tell the engineer to get the supersofts ready. In all of this panic, I went too fast into the pitlane. Can you imagine a pit lane speeding in Monaco?!

On supersoft tyres I was still confident and ready to apply pressure without ruling out podium finish. I was confused by everyone going slowly at the Lap 11 incident, so I didn't know who was letting me by and who was not. Still, I didn't want to waste any time so an early attack on Pandacruiser was a must. I hope I was not too agressive on him into turn 1.

For the closing 15-ish laps I was battling hard with @E4SY as he was experiencing screen freezes. It was scary to drive behind him, but luckily he would become a ghost once the lags began. I was able to pass him on the inside in Loews hairpin and went to P3. Whilst battling him, I always had an eye on gap behind, to @Frihman and was supposed to end up 5 seconds in front of him after penalties kicked in.

Worn rubber on @earicx's car meant that he was too slow for the pace I had so I wanted badly to get in front of him. I started gaining on the main straight at the beginning of Lap 38 and we went alongside into turn 1. We crossed our paths with tyres and I was scared that we would crash but I knew that it was my last chance. So a rich mix, hotlap ERS and great sportsmanship of the Mercedes driver helped me get to P2.

@Sweatu was out of reach, being half a minute ahead of me. Congratulations for the 4th win!

A quick look at my fuel: MINUS 0.40?! And only one and a half lap to go! Lean mix and a lot of lifting and coasting left me with 0.03 laps of fuel in the last turn. For the last 100 meters my car was limping and dying on me, but these guys were far behind. I knew that earicx was going to regain his position after my penalties, but I didn't expect Frihman to sneak in with only a second and a half worth of gap.

So, basically I am feeling really happy for my run to second place, but I was somewhat disappointed to miss out on podium by that close margin. This race was so tense that I had a stomach pain for the next half an hour, and I couldn't fall asleep for the next three.

Sadly no highlights from me this time. I wanted to have every single FPS I could possibly squeeze from my PC. But I hope I will see myself in yours!

I hope that Canada will be an awesome race as well, and can't wait for it!
I got your overtakes on my recording, the 2 at the end of the race, hence the congratulations. I'll make a clip :D

• Friendly

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
My very short clip from my POV, I cba going back and watching it all again to make proper highlights so I only went to the 4 that I remembered lol

• Burn

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 8th
Kind of disappointing. I was purple in the first sector on every single lap I did, but on every single one of these laps I got screwed over by a car in front of me. So my only clean lap was quite bad, tyres were a bit too cold at the start so wasn't purple in S1. Sector 2 and 3 weren't great either, small lockup into the chicane after the tunnel & could've gone faster into tabac & swimming pool. Just a bit of a messy lap - could've improved by atleast 0.4s.

R: 11th
Didn't have the greatest launch off the grid, so @Mali Baćo just flew by me before we even got into 3rd gear. Took it easy around the outside in T1 and managed to avoid a lot of carnage. Got into a pretty good flow for the first stint, but got stuck behind someone who (I think) had a bit of damage, so lost a lot of time to the guys in front. At this point my tyres were also losing grip a bit, so decided to pit on lap 5 & put on a pair of SS.

Same as before, got into a decent flow, got stuck behind somebody again. And after a few laps @boxen decided he didn't like the look of my front wing when he came out of the pits and just absolutely tried to murder it. Luckily it was only yellow, but I was losing a lot of time with it. Decided to stick with it until lap 22 or something when I made a little mistake in Tabac and lost another piece of my wing. Another stop, onto the US. Was driving by myself for a lot of this time, down in 9th or something. Lost concentration because I didn't really care anymore at this point and hit the inside on the turn before the tunnel. Another stop, onto the hypers. Tried to get the fastest lap, was purple in first 2 sectors but I caught the group battling for 2nd in the last sector and lost that aswell.

Race I was most confident about for this season got ruined because somebody was too impatient coming out of the pits. Sweet.

earicx

Pro Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Here's @Mali Baćo 's overtake on me on the penultimate lap. Adrenaline was running high! Unbelievable to manage the outside move, sweet as bro! Last 5 laps was like having ice on the rear tires - not the optimal situation around Monaco :cool:

• Friendly

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Thank you guys for your support! Much love from Serbia!

@earicx I'm glad you liked the post and I will do my best to write another one in Canada, hopefully with a good result. BTW I'd love to see the lap 1 maneouver from your POV as well. :D

@Ranger hey man, you promised to commentate on a highlights video. No excuses! :p

boxen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2017
@TheVerenzak Not really sure what you mean by that, I didn't make any sudden movements and to be fair I was ahead of you coming out of the pitlane. I even let you by when you literally pushed me away to get past..

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@TheVerenzak Not really sure what you mean by that, I didn't make any sudden movements and to be fair I was ahead of you coming out of the pitlane. I even let you by when you literally pushed me away to get past..
I was right beside you when you came out of the pits and you literally pushed me into the wall, there was nowhere I could have gone. You can't come out of the pits when there's cars racing and just take the racing line when there's somebody there.

Take a look at your footage, you cross the pit exit line and I 'pushed you away' because I bounced back from the wall.

boxen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2017
Oh right it was my rear tyres fault! I'll try to tell him it was wrong when I can..... How the hell did my rear tyre hit your front wing and not vise versa? I didnt turn into you, I went in a straight line to AVOID getting hit, yet you turn into me and proceeds to blame it on me.

Last edited:

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oh right it was my rear tyres fault! I'll try to tell him it was wrong when I can..... How the hell did my rear tyre hit your front wing and not vise versa? I didnt turn into you, I went in a straight line to AVOID getting hit, yet you turn into me and proceeds to blame it on me.
Not sure if you're being serious. But first of all, you cross the pit exit line. You hit my front wing when you had a bit of oversteer, and after that you turn a bit to the left when I'm right beside you.
There was no reason for you to be this aggressive.

boxen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2017
Not sure if you're being serious. But first of all, you cross the pit exit line. You hit my front wing when you had a bit of oversteer, and after that you turn a bit to the left when I'm right beside you.
There was no reason for you to be this aggressive.
It's like i'm talking to a brick wall, do I constantly have to repeat myself or nah?

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
It's like i'm talking to a brick wall, do I constantly have to repeat myself or nah?
Do I? Just admit you were to aggressive and we're clear. It's your stubbornness I'm having problems with, not neccessarily the accident.

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Boys you need a old head here to say nothing in all honesty happened, I am really surprised you didn't get a crossing pit lane exit penalty @boxen with how harsh this game is with them.

Reactions: boxen and Diallo

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
There we go defused let's all get along and not be like Max and Ocon #OconDidNothingWrong @Ranger

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
@Beyond Thank you. My guess would be that all 4 wheels never went over the line.
I think pit lane exit is any wheel over is an offence but that is a tricky one.

I’ll say you went more that I’d ever think was acceptable there.