XB1 - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Solid quali. Got myself in 5th got a good start up to 3rd but then I bottled it...
Then I bottled it again...
And again...
And again...
At the midway point I was at the very back of the field and lapped by 8th place. The second half of the race was completely different. I unlapped a few drivers when they pitted and slowly worked my way back into p8. Given how the first half went I will take it but I am frustrated at the fact that I made too many costly errors

Reactions: K04 and davrath

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
Considering I was not confident at all heading into this race, hitting the wall on every lap in tt when practicing I’m very surprised and happy with the result

Quali: I lost my wing on my first flying lap so I decided to pit for a new wing but didn’t change my tyres and waited a few minutes, came back out and just set lap after lap improving each time as the track conditions were improving, then I crossed the line for my final lap at the perfect time as the track was in the perfect conditions for me to improve by over a second and take my first ever pole position

Race: not much to say, took fuel out to get a better launch and pull away before turn 1, that worked so I was pleased, was a bit nervous for a while as @Jack Badman was keeping the gap to me between 1-2 seconds and I was picking up warnings, slightly damaged my wing on lap 2 but nothing too bad, eventually bad man went for the undercut so I put the car in rich (not a good idea was trying to save fuel) and pushed to the pits to counter the undercut which worked, after that kept maintaining the gap until eventually he lost his front wing and just dropped back rapidly because of it, got half an orange front wing on lap 33 so ran the last 6 laps with that luckily not losing too much time, just happy to capitalise on my first pole and at monaco

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Wow, no stewards threads yet? Hats off to a clean field in one of the tracks I expected to be chaos lol

Also, I'm not sure who was kidding and who wasn't in our party during the race but I have actually never sweat that much playing a video game haha it was insane

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Wow, no stewards threads yet? Hats off to a clean field in one of the tracks I expected to be chaos lol

Also, I'm not sure who was kidding and who wasn't in our party during the race but I have actually never sweat that much playing a video game haha it was insane
I'm amazed but it makes me happy because it saves me a job :rofl:

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
I think we would struggle to find another tier that only had 2 dnfs as well