Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 19th (DSQ)

Horrible qualifying. Couldn't find a space then couldn't really string together a lap. Almost 2 seconds a lap of pace just disappeared. I wasn't going to be near the top of qualifying but I wasn't at the races. I think I recorded 1:16.6 before I parked it at Portier as I was out of fuel and didn't fancy the trip back to the pit without fuel and very slow. Wanted to retire in the run-off but there were cars on laps, so I waited....and got DSQ for parking too long on track (not even on the track - on the road yes, track no)! Sorry for getting in people's way if I did; but it seemed the more I tried to get out of the way the more I got in the way.

R: 9th US/SS (16)

Quite a horrible race. Carried my absolute lack of pace into the race. Kept it clean though and started to make places via attrition. There were a couple of Trulli-esque moments where I (fairly) held track position despite faster cars queuing to overtake. But a couple of small outbraking incidents aside, I was fairly incident-free and had no damage at any point so the one-stop FTW (well, ninth anyway). I got penalties mainly for cutting at Ste. Devote, I had frame stutter at entry to Tabac every lap and a bit through La Rascasse.

If you'd have asked me at the start would I have taken 9th? Yes I would have, then I could have saved 39 laps in the seat :)

Canada will seem like a blessing in comparison. Looking forward to a race rather than a time trial.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Where ever I looked in qually I found @Jay . Oh and in the race you also struggled when being lapped at Rascasse, but it turned out okay

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Where ever I looked in qually I found @Jay . Oh and in the race you also struggled when being lapped at Rascasse, but it turned out okay
Yeah I nearly Schumachered it and parked it in view of La Rascasse' balcony. That was one of the big out-brake-y self-y bits.

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Q: 19th (DSQ)

Horrible qualifying. Couldn't find a space then couldn't really string together a lap. Almost 2 seconds a lap of pace just disappeared. I wasn't going to be near the top of qualifying but I wasn't at the races. I think I recorded 1:16.6 before I parked it at Portier as I was out of fuel and didn't fancy the trip back to the pit without fuel and very slow. Wanted to retire in the run-off but there were cars on laps, so I waited....and got DSQ for parking too long on track (not even on the track - on the road yes, track no)! Sorry for getting in people's way if I did; but it seemed the more I tried to get out of the way the more I got in the way.

R: 9th US/SS (16)

Quite a horrible race. Carried my absolute lack of pace into the race. Kept it clean though and started to make places via attrition. There were a couple of Trulli-esque moments where I (fairly) held track position despite faster cars queuing to overtake. But a couple of small outbraking incidents aside, I was fairly incident-free and had no damage at any point so the one-stop FTW (well, ninth anyway). I got penalties mainly for cutting at Ste. Devote, I had frame stutter at entry to Tabac every lap and a bit through La Rascasse.

If you'd have asked me at the start would I have taken 9th? Yes I would have, then I could have saved 39 laps in the seat :)

Canada will seem like a blessing in comparison. Looking forward to a race rather than a time trial.
Driver of the Day : Jay :)

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
from my point of view it is the most difficult track of the season. My only aim was to bring the car home.
I did it so I feel quite satisfied.

Quali : 11th
I know it would be tough with traffic and corner cutting but I managed to have 2 clean laps by the end.

Race : 5th
I had a good start and tried to gain some positions but i cutted the first corner so i bring the position back and lost one more by slowing down.After the chaos of the first few laps i was in P6 wih a yellow front wing so it was hard to adapt my pace.
@Neil Bywater quickly got back on me and our long battle to the end of the race begin.
He dived very early into pits and i went a few laps after but lost a lot of time with the front wing changing.
With my fresh tyres and frong wing i was allowed to push the car seriously (but not too much this is Monaco:angelic:)
It took 10 laps (and probably a few mistakes from @Neil Bywater ) to get back behind him.
it has been a really great battle ! Solid drive from @Neil Bywater no mistakes.
The only gap i went for to make a move was in the last lap. This has been the only time i was enough close to try something.

p_w

Pro Karter
Aug 26, 2017
Qualy

I managed to pull of a 1:11:5xx or so, which is 4 tenth faster then my personal best :). With this lap i was obviously very happy and got the pole.

Race

The first stint went smooth and i could maintain my lead. After my pit i sadly lost half of my frontwing and had to stop for a second time. In the end i think @Kiinako had the faster race pace, but it could have been pretty close. Second place feels nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.