PC - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
So here we are then guys and girls, the Monaco GP, once described as 'trying to ride a bicycle around your living room'..

For us, 741 Corners over 39 laps, inevitably we will all get at least one of those a bit wrong so let's just try not to pick up anyone else if and when we do. Other than the rules already outlined throughout the leagues I feel that it's going to be difficult to enforce any other 'no overtaking rules' as in case of an incident then it's going to be down to interpretation along with any lag or ghosting for example. Someone could have run wide or even have an issue which could then cause confusion and maybe more chaos as to who can pass who where, that being said we all need to be realistic and honest with ourselves as to where we can pass and where we can't. The first lap I see as an opportunistic one here, not one which you can be too aggressive in trying to gain places; if we all make it around the first lap, we will all give ourselves a race to run.

What we could also discuss and confirm among ourselves is maybe the lapping of cars and which side they need to be on, I think the lapped/blue flagged car staying to the left generally giving the leading car the racing line/apex here (particularly approaching most of the turns) could be an easy suggestion?

Lets just go easy into those corners when we're near each other, as mentioned there is only one line around most if not all of them so any divebomb down the inside of anything anywhere is not going to win any hearts or medals. I think keeping it out of the barriers and avoiding contact can go a long way to securing points this weekend; let's all pray for a dry one..

Good luck all, I've got a busy week away with work next week so I'd rather not be dealing with anything like what we had in Russia, so big deep breath and let's go for it. :)

@Biolite80 @Jess @EditedStorm27 @RichyB @Bruinman92 @BarrzyMcBarrzy TN @gameguy nl @TRL_graveltrap @ITMRacing @Douwe_C @IntergalacticGentleman @Jonnard @Levitikan @sokecillo @menk @AspergerNerd @Head Squid @Etazin @Bas-BB

Last edited:

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
I was thinking, and again this is just a thought, that we all should agree that there should be no passing attempts, no matter what in the entire hairpin complex untill the tunnel. Any Feedback?

kasito nl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
I was thinking, and again this is just a thought, that we all should agree that there should be no passing attempts, no matter what in the entire hairpin complex untill the tunnel. Any Feedback?
Wat if you have a good start just bring your self in danger?

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
Im fine with overtakes in those areas if its clean and fair, but then again its Monaco so its going to be very very tight

Last edited:
Reactions: Biolite80

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Wat if you have a good start just bring your self in danger?
I think you have misunderstood me. I am referring to the entry of the hairpin and the following 2 corners as the track is not wide enough for 2 cars through those turns...passing someone is almost a guaranteed lost wing for either party. just want to keep it clean. Also for backmarkers its much safer to let faster cars by through the tunnel.
[DOUBLEPOST=1510780269][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im fine with overtakes in those areas if its clean and fair, but then again its Monaco so its going to be very very tight
that is exactly my point.

AspergerNerd

Pro Karter
Nov 30, 2016
Unfortunately @Jozzers I'm going to have to sit this round out. My game runs at a low FPS because I'm pushing computer to the limit to play it and Monaco is just a step too far for the poor thing. I can handle low frame rates at most tracks but here I might as well just become a wall. Haven't managed to complete a lap.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Awww man that sucks...:( hopefully it can handle Canada

Jess

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Jun 4, 2017
@Jozzers won't be able to make it tonight. Rehearsals finish at 9

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
Unfortunately @Jozzers I'm going to have to sit this round out. My game runs at a low FPS because I'm pushing computer to the limit to play it and Monaco is just a step too far for the poor thing. I can handle low frame rates at most tracks but here I might as well just become a wall. Haven't managed to complete a lap.
@Jozzers won't be able to make it tonight. Rehearsals finish at 9
No worries chap and chapess, see you next week @AspergerNerd if you fancy watching the race still I think a handful of the guys stream their races..

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
absolutely heart broken. I assume richy won? good job man you deserved it, my **** ups cost me that win. see you all in the land of the maple leaf.

Last edited:

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
@Head Squid , I'm gutted also bud, and yes he did....nothing worse than a 1st corner retirement

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Wow, that was an unorthodox race. It started in quali where I got disqualified and I had completely myself to blame. I forgot to brake for turn one after my flying lap and used the runoff area to not completely wreck my car. But this being my first race with manual gears I was apparently not able to rejoin in a safe manner, hence the disqualification. If you're interested in the rest of the race, check out the video below.

Btw I feel bad for @Head Squid and @Biolite80. They both had the race pace to challenge for 1st place, but their crashes denied it. Monaco is very unforgiving, better luck next time!